Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

He goes from making sublime touches to stupid mistakes. Strikes me as a kid with obvious talent who is still learning the game. Once he cuts out the mad shit and starts getting some consistency into his game he could be very, very good for us. To write him off at this stage of the season is madness.

He goes from making sublime touches to stupid mistakes. Strikes me as a kid with obvious talent who is still learning the game. Once he cuts out the mad shit and starts getting some consistency into his game he could be very, very good for us. To write him off at this stage of the season is madness.

100% agree and I wish more people would be like this. There's no doubt the same people who criticise him for every mistake would be going mad if we sold him and he ended up being good somewhere else.

There is no doubt in my mind that he's lacking a bit of confidence, McLeish was going mad on the sideline at Delph all game, did he take him off though? Nope as it's quite clear that Fabian is making the wrong decisions and it's not because he's a bad footballer. Even players like Warnock were putting an arm around him rather then having a pop.

We see it with players all the time, Gabby was poor last season, but is excellent now and within a few weeks Delph could be the same.

A bit like Anderson ..

A bit like Anderson ..

delph has 10x more potential than anderson

A bit like Anderson ..

What did I tell you about Anderson ;)

He's coming good. 8)

How have you worked out exactly x10 more potential?

A bit like Anderson ..

What has Anderson got to do with anything? For someone who's demonstrated a good knowledge of football POB, I think you're letting yourself down here.

A bit like Anderson ..

He's coming good. 8)

in what way, shape or form is anderson coming good?

delph can pretty much anything with a football, he can pass, tackle and shoot with ease, he has great natural ability, anderson does not do any of the above, he is an awful footballer imo

A bit like Anderson ..

What has Anderson got to do with anything? For someone who's demonstrated a good knowledge of football POB, I think you're letting yourself down here.

he has to take any opportunity that he can to promote the big 4, to him football doesn't exist beyond the big clubs

A bit like Anderson ..

He's coming good. 8)

in what way, shape or form is anderson coming good?

delph can pretty much anything with a football, he can pass, tackle and shoot with ease, he has great natural ability, anderson does not do any of the above, he is an awful footballer imo

Well he's currently the main CM in the best team in the country. I mean, along with the average Rooney, it's amazing they are anywhere near the top of the league. Anderson is a good player, I think/hope Delph will be also.

He does have a lot to work on though.

A bit like Anderson ..

I meant as in a bit like Anderson ..always seemed a good player but for various reasons, like stupid stuff we see in Delphs game, never quite showed his class... Anderson is showing this season what a good player he is and I mean like Delph, if we are patient, I think he'll show his true colours. Sometimes not everything clicks at once.

I think possibly you read it as if I meant Delph was crap and so is Anderson ...not the case!

Or maybe you did read it correctly and I've got it all wrong.

Basically what I meant to put was "I agree" ...(just tried to use Anderson as an example of a player who's been wrote off by many but with time has come good)

A bit like Anderson ..

he has to take any opportunity that he can to promote the big 4, to him football doesn't exist beyond the big clubs

That's obviously the case. Which is why I support Aston Villa.

A bit like Anderson ..

I meant as in a bit like Anderson ..always seemed a good player but for various reasons, like stupid stuff we see in Delphs game, never quite showed his class... Anderson is showing this season what a good player he is and I mean like Delph, if we are patient, I think he'll show his true colours. Sometimes not everything clicks at once.

I think possibly you read it as if I meant Delph was crap and so is Anderson ...not the case!

Basically what I meant to put was "I agree" ...(just tried to use Anderson as an example of a player who's been wrote off by many but with time has come good)

Yeah I did read it wrong. See - my faith in you paid dividends!

100% agree and I wish more people would be like this. There's no doubt the same people who criticise him for every mistake would be going mad if we sold him and he ended up being good somewhere else.

There is no doubt in my mind that he's lacking a bit of confidence, McLeish was going mad on the sideline at Delph all game, did he take him off though? Nope as it's quite clear that Fabian is making the wrong decisions and it's not because he's a bad footballer. Even players like Warnock were putting an arm around him rather then having a pop.

We see it with players all the time, Gabby was poor last season, but is excellent now and within a few weeks Delph could be the same.

think that's a pretty accurate assessment, hopefully he can get similar development out of the coaching staff that Craig Gardner got out of them over the road.

A bit like Anderson ..

Yeah I did read it wrong. See - my faith in you paid dividends!

:) No problem. Go Fab!

A bit like Anderson ..

That's obviously the case. Which is why I support Aston Villa.

all you talk about on this forum is the big european clubs and champions league football

Â