Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Edit: this is in response to vive la villa

I'm sure there are many reasons. Even so, does every player want to win things from the bench? No guarantee, but vastly more likely that he will be a fringe player there. Here, he's integral, without question. So I don't think it's even as simple as winning things. More satisfying as a player to bring up a struggling club or a bit part player in a successful club?

I disagree. Any player that feels he will be a bit part player at Man City when they are in for him shouldn't even be in the game. He has earned his move and will trust his own ability.

He will play and train alongside some of the best players in the world which will only help him improve as a player. He will also test himself against the best players in the world. Had he turned this move down I would have personally thought they guy not only had no balls and ambition but had also lost the plot.

I said previously that if they came in for him he was gone. But I didn't expect the 8M clause to be true. I admit that surprised me. But the naivety shown by fans to suggest he would turn down a move to Man City surprised me even more.

Also before you point to Rodwell and Sinclair, no way were that at the level Delph is at. They were both every poor Mancini signings and many said it at the time, Delph is now an established England International!!

We're speculating over motives, of course, so you're welcome to that interpretation. And we will certainly see how it turns out.

The one part here that I take issue with, is the part about ambition. Him staying here would not at all be a knock on his ambition. There many great things he can do for this club that, in many ways, are more ambitious. Further, if he plays in, say, 20 games next year, will the move be proof of his ambition?

If it ends with trophies I would say so. When he is an old man and showing his kids his medals I doubt he will say I wish I only had tales of my relegation battles for you instead kids.

Nobody will blame the club. They orchestrated all this to a) not lose him on a free and B) make him look the bad guy.

Pure scum manipulation by AVFC IMO!

lol, well you may laugh but both parties are aware of what goes in the contract...personally I think it's a bit of both in equal measures.  Club have been quick to make a big deal of it, knowing full well the situations is not as rosey as it was made to seem.

I watched the "AVFC exclusive interview", and I know it's a bit distasteful...but I did chuckle to myself at some right nuggets on reflection :-

It's been a roller coaster ride, ive enjoyed everyy minute of it

> To commit your future to this fantastic football club, can you put it into words what it means to you?

It means everything, the club is going to give me a great platform to perform.  Great opportunity to showcase what I can do and the fans have been great, the chair mans been great, ive got a great relationships with the manager.  I see the squad here, the boys as brothers...as family.

>  How much of a loyalty, of an allegiance do you feel to aston villa...given the fact they've been so good to you?

Yeah, like I said I've got a big relationship with the chairman...hes ones of the reasons I've commited...and I've got a great relationship with the manager.  I'm a loyal person, and me commiting my future will hopefully show everyone what type of guy I am.  I've always been a commited character, I know that I'm an aston villa player and as soon as I put the jersey on I'm gonna give nothing less than a 100% and thats just the way I looked at it.

I feel like this is my club, I feel like that's why I want to be here and that's why I'm commiting my future.  Hopefully it will give everybody a lift especially the fans and show them we're trying to do big things here.  And the upcoming years and I feel that there will be big.

I put a lot down to him, a lot of credit goes to him for me staying...before he came I wasn't training everyday. (talking about lambert).

There was no way I was going to bail out, I'm here for the long run

>  I guess you'll always be a yorkshire man, but an adopted brummy?

HAha, yeah I've always said my daugher is gonna have a brummy accent, but I've enjoyed birmingham.  Goes on to talk about being settled in brum. (talks about the performances on the pitch being related to being comfortable living in Brum).

> Just finally, do you set yourself and within the contract specific targets?

Well, I mean everyones different...I just see myself as giving 100% in everything else myself, I don't need to be motivated...I just feel like I'm commited.

It was a situation really milked at the time, and all very meaningless now.

• Like 1

Nobody will blame the club. They orchestrated all this to a) not lose him on a free and B) make him look the bad guy.

lol, well you may laugh but both parties are aware of what goes in the contract...personally I think it's a bit of both in equal measures. Club have been quick to make a big deal of it, knowing full well the situations is not as rosey as it was made to seem.

I watched the "AVFC exclusive interview", and I know it's a bit distasteful...but I did chuckle to myself at some right nuggets on reflection :-

> To commit your future to this fantastic football club, can you put it into words what it means to you?

It means everything, the club is going to give me a great platform to perform. Great opportunity to showcase what I can do and the fans have been great, the chair mans been great, ive got a great relationships with the manager. I see the squad here, the boys as brothers...as family.

> How much of a loyalty, of an allegiance do you feel to aston villa...given the fact they've been so good to you?

Yeah, like I said I've got a big relationship with the chairman...hes ones of the reasons I've commited...and I've got a great relationship with the manager. I'm a loyal person, and me commiting my future will hopefully show everyone what type of guy I am. I've always been a commited character, I know that I'm an aston villa player and as soon as I put the jersey on I'm gonna give nothing less than a 100% and thats just the way I looked at it.

I feel like this is my club, I feel like that's why I want to be here and that's why I'm commiting my future. Hopefully it will give everybody a lift especially the fans and show them we're trying to do big things here. And the upcoming years and I feel that there will be big.

I put a lot down to him, a lot of credit goes to him for me staying...before he came I wasn't training everyday. (talking about lambert).

> I guess you'll always be a yorkshire man, but an adopted brummy?

HAha, yeah I've always said my daugher is gonna have a brummy accent, but I've enjoyed birmingham. Goes on to talk about being settled in brum. (talks about the performances on the pitch being related to being comfortable living in Brum).

Well, I mean everyones different...I just see myself as giving 100% in everything else myself, I don't need to be motivated...I just feel like I'm commited.

Again do not forget who put him in that situation knowing full well what the terms of the contract were!! I'm quite disgusted with the club and the way they have used a player to manipulate fans. It's disgusting. Really is. I'm actually horrified!

Delph conference will be very interesting when he's present at Man. City, will tune in to watch if it's a late Afternoon one. I expect the usual "too good an opportunity to turn down" phrases but hope he's pressed a bit on the contract situation e.g. did he demand a release clause be put in and what changed his mind in last few weeks, was it the cup final defeat.

I'm not angry at him, just disappointed overall. 

I'm sure there are many reasons. Even so, does every player want to win things from the bench? No guarantee, but vastly more likely that he will be a fringe player there. Here, he's integral, without question. So I don't think it's even as simple as winning things. More satisfying as a player to bring up a struggling club or a bit part player in a successful club?

I disagree. Any player that feels he will be a bit part player at Man City when they are in for him shouldn't even be in the game. He has earned his move and will trust his own ability.

He will play and train alongside some of the best players in the world which will only help him improve as a player. He will also test himself against the best players in the world. Had he turned this move down I would have personally thought they guy not only had no balls and ambition but had also lost the plot.

I said previously that if they came in for him he was gone. But I didn't expect the 8M clause to be true. I admit that surprised me. But the naivety shown by fans to suggest he would turn down a move to Man City surprised me even more.

Also before you point to Rodwell and Sinclair, no way were that at the level Delph is at. They were both every poor Mancini signings and many said it at the time, Delph is now an established England International!!

We're speculating over motives, of course, so you're welcome to that interpretation. And we will certainly see how it turns out.

The one part here that I take issue with, is the part about ambition. Him staying here would not at all be a knock on his ambition. There many great things he can do for this club that, in many ways, are more ambitious. Further, if he plays in, say, 20 games next year, will the move be proof of his ambition?

If it ends with trophies I would say so. When he is an old man and showing his kids his medals I doubt he will say I wish I only had tales of my relegation battles for you instead kids.

But how many of those games that led to a trophy will he have started?

It could also be that his children might ask him:

- I thought you had told the Villa fans you were staying just before your left so is it OK for us to be economical with the truth as well?

- You were an England regular when you played for Villa what happened after that?

But how many of those games that led to a trophy will he have started?

It could also be that his children might ask him:

- I thought you had told the Villa fans you were staying just before your left so is it OK for us to be economical with the truth as well?

- You were an England regular when you played for Villa what happened after that?

I was pissed off about that part about him telling fans he was staying until I realised who set up all of the interviews, asked the question, and more than likely told him how to answer.

This is a new low for the short term vision of AVFC. It really is. They must really think we are idiots.

Edit: as if his Man City grandkids will know how he left Villa yet give a shit.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Strangely, I'm really not that bothered about him going. Think he's rather over rated. Maybe he will shine in a team of better quality players, but I very much suspect he won't and Man City fans will have the opinion that he doesn't really do a lot to influence games.

Man City can't afford to have players like that imo, I don't see Delph still being there in 2/3 years.

I guess I'm disappointed in the fee we're getting (but it's better than nothing), and it's a shame he said the things he said when signing the contract. Weirdly, he would have been much more respected had he just kept his mouth shut.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

lol, well you may laugh but both parties are aware of what goes in the contract...personally I think it's a bit of both in equal measures.  Club have been quick to make a big deal of it, knowing full well the situations is not as rosey as it was made to seem.

It means everything, the club is going to give me a great platform to perform.  Great opportunity to showcase what I can do and the fans have been great, the chair mans been great, ive got a great relationships with the manager.  I see the squad here, the boys as brothers...as family.

>  How much of a loyalty, of an allegiance do you feel to aston villa...given the fact they've been so good to you?

Yeah, like I said I've got a big relationship with the chairman...hes ones of the reasons I've commited...and I've got a great relationship with the manager.  I'm a loyal person, and me commiting my future will hopefully show everyone what type of guy I am.  I've always been a commited character, I know that I'm an aston villa player and as soon as I put the jersey on I'm gonna give nothing less than a 100% and thats just the way I looked at it.

I feel like this is my club, I feel like that's why I want to be here and that's why I'm commiting my future.  Hopefully it will give everybody a lift especially the fans and show them we're trying to do big things here.  And the upcoming years and I feel that there will be big.

>  I guess you'll always be a yorkshire man, but an adopted brummy?

HAha, yeah I've always said my daugher is gonna have a brummy accent, but I've enjoyed birmingham.  Goes on to talk about being settled in brum. (talks about the performances on the pitch being related to being comfortable living in Brum).

But the two men he was staying for - Lerner and Lambert - have gone too. Guess he might just use that as an excuse.

lol, well you may laugh but both parties are aware of what goes in the contract...personally I think it's a bit of both in equal measures. Club have been quick to make a big deal of it, knowing full well the situations is not as rosey as it was made to seem.

It means everything, the club is going to give me a great platform to perform. Great opportunity to showcase what I can do and the fans have been great, the chair mans been great, ive got a great relationships with the manager. I see the squad here, the boys as brothers...as family.

> How much of a loyalty, of an allegiance do you feel to aston villa...given the fact they've been so good to you?

Yeah, like I said I've got a big relationship with the chairman...hes ones of the reasons I've commited...and I've got a great relationship with the manager. I'm a loyal person, and me commiting my future will hopefully show everyone what type of guy I am. I've always been a commited character, I know that I'm an aston villa player and as soon as I put the jersey on I'm gonna give nothing less than a 100% and thats just the way I looked at it.

I feel like this is my club, I feel like that's why I want to be here and that's why I'm commiting my future. Hopefully it will give everybody a lift especially the fans and show them we're trying to do big things here. And the upcoming years and I feel that there will be big.

> I guess you'll always be a yorkshire man, but an adopted brummy?

HAha, yeah I've always said my daugher is gonna have a brummy accent, but I've enjoyed birmingham. Goes on to talk about being settled in brum. (talks about the performances on the pitch being related to being comfortable living in Brum).

But the two men he was staying for - Lerner and Lambert - have gone too. Guess he might just use that as an excuse.

He wasn't staying for them. Jeez are you guys for real?

Again do not forget who put him in that situation knowing full well what the terms of the contract were!! I'm quite disgusted with the club and the way they have used a player to manipulate fans. It's disgusting. Really is. I'm actually horrified!

I wouldn't go that far...but if you like!

I think they'll have certainly not expected him to feature in all this PR stuff, and then leave a few months later.  Must be screwing, but that's the gamble they took.

I wouldn't go that far...but if you like!

I think they'll have certainly not expected him to feature in all this PR stuff, and then leave a few months later. Must be screwing, but that's the gamble they took.

Pretty ridiculous gamble. clearly didn't think a top team would go in for him at 8M. AVFC. Great at football decisions. They set this whole thing up and sounds like most fans have fallen for it hook line and sinker.

All the stuff I quoted wasn't something I made up btw, the interview is still online for you to see (I just noted the interesting bullshit he came out with) :-

https://tv.avfc.co.uk/en/AVTV/2015/05/07/Exclusive%20Delph%20on%20new%20deal

Comes from his own mouth, watch it for your self (about 5 mins or so)...the full quote on teh manager at the time, lambert in the video :-

How much have you enjoyed working under him, and do you look forward to it in the future?

MAssively, I mean I've relaxed since the gaffers been here...I put alot down to him, erm, a lot of credit goes to him for me staying here.  Because before he came I wasn't training every day, the gaffer stoped that egvery day he said "you need to train everyday".  He got me playing, and he got my confidence back up there and he gave me a platform to perform and he's done that since he's been here, he's been great for me.  And er, I think I owe him...I owe him a bit of er...I don't know how to say it...I'm greatful for what he's done for me and he's one of the reason why I'm choosing to commit my future.

But seeing as the whole interview is based on total bullshit, it's hard to believe anything that comes out of his mouth.  I imagine he would have been briefed to big up the manager...he wasn't getting good press with the fans at the time if I remember rightly.

• Like 1

It all seems a bit strange that he is fronting the new kit campaign if he knows full we that he is leaving. When do you think it was decided? Were the club aware that he was thinking of leaving? It just makes our club even more of a laughing stock! All players are replacable but the way this has happened, and the amount! Sterling for 50m?? Is he 6 times the player that Delph is?

I remember when Man City were playing against Lincoln City in the old 3rd division, now they're able to buy trophies... Look how far we have fallen behind...

All the stuff I quoted wasn't something I made up btw, the interview is still online for you to see (I just noted the interesting bullshit he came out with) :-

https://tv.avfc.co.uk/en/AVTV/2015/05/07/Exclusive%20Delph%20on%20new%20deal

Comes from his own mouth, watch it for your self (about 5 mins or so)...the full quote on teh manager at the time, lambert in the video :-

How much have you enjoyed working under him, and do you look forward to it in the future?

MAssively, I mean I've relaxed since the gaffers been here...I put alot down to him, erm, a lot of credit goes to him for me staying here. Because before he came I wasn't training every day, the gaffer stoped that egvery day he said "you need to train everyday". He got me playing, and he got my confidence back up there and he gave me a platform to perform and he's done that since he's been here, he's been great for me. And er, I think I owe him...I owe him a bit of er...I don't know how to say it...I'm greatful for what he's done for me and he's one of the reason why I'm choosing to commit my future.

But seeing as the whole interview is based on total bullshit, it's hard to believe anything that comes out of his mouth. I imagine he would have been briefed to big up the manager...he wasn't getting good press with the fans at the time if I remember rightly.

F me it gets worse and worse. I'm losing respect for the club by the second.

Please be a takeover and new regime soon.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

It all seems a bit strange that he is fronting the new kit campaign if he knows full we that he is leaving. When do you think it was decided? Were the club aware that he was thinking of leaving? It just makes our club even more of a laughing stock! All players are replacable but the way this has happened, and the amount! Sterling for 50m?? Is he 6 times the player that Delph is?

I remember when Man City were playing against Lincoln City in the old 3rd division, now they're able to buy trophies... Look how far we have fallen behind...

Strangest move yet, to feature with the captains arm band...I guess you just have to with business as usual, difficult to strip the band before a deal is done right?  I can only imagine the club weren't expecting him to leave so soon, but if this clause is true then that is naive.

Anyway, it's all about bums on seats...I'm sure the giving the impression that Delph was staying helped shift a few more season tickets.

• Like 1

Not quite Downing, but he's betrayed us somewhat. Of course, often course he could have left for nothing, so in one way hey done us a favour. But that media rubbish is demeaning to the club, makes us look small time and it's him taking the p###

Â