Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

To all those who say that they don't begrudge him doing it for money and that we would all take the offer if given to us, I honestly wouldn't. Not just for money. As he is, he's already rich. I make far less, but am happy with my job and if some other school (I'm a teacher) cam in offering double what I earn, I wouldn't feel a strong inclination to take it. You see, I feel a sense of loyalty to the organization I currently work for. I don't think that it crazy. Sure if I hated my job or the people I worked with, I'd snap at a new opportunity, but that is not how it seemed to Delphi at all. So, with respect, if the extra pay is one of delph's main reasons for jumping ship, I will hold that against him (mind you, how can we know?)

Oh come on. How can you compare that to winning things in football and being an England great??

1) I spoke only about the money, so don't put words in my mouth.

2) even so, he's more likely to be an England great at man city?

so lambert agreed to the £8 million buy out clause. well done scotty.

You realise it was either that or he'd have already left for free, right?

How are people not getting this?

Do people think we just put that clause in for a laugh?

I certainly agree the club have been forced into it in one respect, but they've been quick to capitalize on it...and I wonder how much PR stunt is behind the so called "message to fans".

I don't know what you mean by this?

You think we've deliberately got Man City to bid so that we get to sell him?

We have no choice if there's a clause and they've met it.

The media spin from it, all #avfcofficial glossy images of his "loyalty" and video message to the fans. All very elaborate.

If such a low clause does exist, then it's obvious that the bartering between player and club went on and Delph in a very loyal way (not) gave them the ultimatum. I can very much see the club factoring into the deal the best they can get out of the situation, moving in to get the loyalty video done...which is all very professional and script read.

In a way, the club done a deal with the devil...almost knowingly making a false sense of good feeling for the fans. I don't hate on them for that, just sayin'.

They capitalized on the situation as much as they could, because it all helps to sell season tickets / etc. I have no doubt that they will have known of the sincerity of the message (or lack of) they were getting Delph to record, which feels a little bit like exploit. Cannot blaim them of course, #AVFC is a company that has to turn profits to survive and move onwards.

It's only fans that feel hard done by because they get to personal with the players. The club did ok to slightly redeem themselves to get 8M when their piss poor running of affairs let him get to last year of his contact in the first place!

To all those who say that they don't begrudge him doing it for money and that we would all take the offer if given to us, I honestly wouldn't. Not just for money. As he is, he's already rich. I make far less, but am happy with my job and if some other school (I'm a teacher) cam in offering double what I earn, I wouldn't feel a strong inclination to take it. You see, I feel a sense of loyalty to the organization I currently work for. I don't think that it crazy. Sure if I hated my job or the people I worked with, I'd snap at a new opportunity, but that is not how it seemed to Delphi at all. So, with respect, if the extra pay is one of delph's main reasons for jumping ship, I will hold that against him (mind you, how can we know?)

Oh come on. How can you compare that to winning things in football and being an England great??
1) I spoke only about the money, so don't put words in my mouth.

2) even so, he's more likely to be an England great at man city?

Ok point 1 I apologise. I don't think for a second he left just for the money. He wants to win things like every player does. Not fight relegation every season. Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Edit: this is in response to vive la villa

I'm sure there are many reasons. Even so, does every player want to win things from the bench? No guarantee, but vastly more likely that he will be a fringe player there. Here, he's integral, without question. So I don't think it's even as simple as winning things. More satisfying as a player to bring up a struggling club or a bit part player in a successful club?

Edited by tyklip

lol. Fabian Delph will never be an England great. He's not even half that player that Milner was when he left us.

The media spin from it, all #avfcofficial glossy images of his "loyalty" and video message to the fans. All very elaborate.

If such a low clause does exist, then it's obvious that the bartering between player and club went on and Delph in a very loyal way (not) gave them the ultimatum. I can very much see the club factoring into the deal the best they can get out of the situation, moving in to get the loyalty video done...which is all very professional and script read.

In a way, the club done a deal with the devil...almost knowingly making a false sense of good feeling for the fans. I don't hate on them for that, just sayin'.

They capitalized on the situation as much as they could, because it all helps to sell season tickets / etc. I have no doubt that they will have known of the sincerity of the message (or lack of) they were getting Delph to record, which feels a little bit like exploit. Cannot blaim them of course, #AVFC is a company that has to turn profits to survive and move onwards.

Why would Delph agree to doing such a video though? He held all the bargaining chips in the contract negotiations in January, he certainly had enough power to dictate a release clause which is practically in the "squad player" price bracket for most of the clubs in the top half of the table these days so I'm not sure what he had to gain by doing the PR stunt beyond him just being a dick. He knew full well there was a release clause which undervalues him in this new contract when he spouted all the loyalty stuff and he certainly knew that that information would be passed on to other clubs such as Manchester City by his agent so why make a song and dance about it?

I don't think Villa fans would be anywhere near as upset if he'd just quietly signed the deal and told everybody about it via a press release on a Thursday afternoon or something. The fact that they went to the trouble of having an video shot and played to a stadium audience on a matchday is what grates because now because he was basically sitting there lying. It should be a net gain (hey, it's £8m we weren't expecting to get six months ago) but instead it feels like a betrayal because he promised one thing and then did the exact opposite. In fact I don't think I'd have been as offended if he'd just left on a Bosman.

Spot on.

• Like 2

I'm not angry at him leaving.

I am angry at him spouting all that shit when he signed the new contract though.

Watch it again, it's all too sterile and fabricated...one of those "now it makes sense" moments looking in hind sight, if all this transfer and clause is true :-

962.gif

• Like 2

The media spin from it, all #avfcofficial glossy images of his "loyalty" and video message to the fans.  All very elaborate.

If such a low clause does exist, then it's obvious that the bartering between player and club went on and Delph in a very loyal way (not) gave them the ultimatum.  I can very much see the club factoring into the deal the best they can get out of the situation, moving in to get the loyalty video done...which is all very professional and script read.

In a way, the club done a deal with the devil...almost knowingly making a false sense of good feeling for the fans.  I don't hate on them for that, just sayin'.

They capitalized on the situation as much as they could, because it all helps to sell season tickets / etc.  I have no doubt that they will have known of the sincerity of the message (or lack of) they were getting Delph to record, which feels a little bit like exploit.  Cannot blaim them of course, #AVFC is a company that has to turn profits to survive and move onwards.

Why would Delph agree to doing such a video though?  He held all the bargaining chips in the contract negotiations in January, he certainly had enough power to dictate a release clause which is practically in the "squad player" price bracket for most of the clubs in the top half of the table these days so I'm not sure what he had to gain by doing the PR stunt beyond him just being a dick.  He knew full well there was a release clause which undervalues him in this new contract when he spouted all the loyalty stuff and he certainly knew that that information would be passed on to other clubs such as Manchester City by his agent so why make a song and dance about it?  

I don't think Villa fans would be anywhere near as upset if he'd just quietly signed the deal and told everybody about it via a press release on a Thursday afternoon or something.  The fact that they went to the trouble of having an video shot and played to a stadium audience on a matchday is what grates because now because he was basically sitting there lying.  It should be a net gain (hey, it's £8m we weren't expecting to get six months ago) but instead it feels like a betrayal because he promised one thing and then did the exact opposite.  In fact I don't think I'd have been as offended if he'd just left on a Bosman. 

I feel the same; if he wanted to leave, no problem. But do not make idiots out of us, because a club loving, loyal captain is one of the few things that we could have been really proud of right now.

• Like 2

The media spin from it, all #avfcofficial glossy images of his "loyalty" and video message to the fans.  All very elaborate.

If such a low clause does exist, then it's obvious that the bartering between player and club went on and Delph in a very loyal way (not) gave them the ultimatum.  I can very much see the club factoring into the deal the best they can get out of the situation, moving in to get the loyalty video done...which is all very professional and script read.

In a way, the club done a deal with the devil...almost knowingly making a false sense of good feeling for the fans.  I don't hate on them for that, just sayin'.

They capitalized on the situation as much as they could, because it all helps to sell season tickets / etc.  I have no doubt that they will have known of the sincerity of the message (or lack of) they were getting Delph to record, which feels a little bit like exploit.  Cannot blaim them of course, #AVFC is a company that has to turn profits to survive and move onwards.

Why would Delph agree to doing such a video though?  He held all the bargaining chips in the contract negotiations in January, he certainly had enough power to dictate a release clause which is practically in the "squad player" price bracket for most of the clubs in the top half of the table these days so I'm not sure what he had to gain by doing the PR stunt beyond him just being a dick.  He knew full well there was a release clause which undervalues him in this new contract when he spouted all the loyalty stuff and he certainly knew that that information would be passed on to other clubs such as Manchester City by his agent so why make a song and dance about it?  

I don't think Villa fans would be anywhere near as upset if he'd just quietly signed the deal and told everybody about it via a press release on a Thursday afternoon or something.  The fact that they went to the trouble of having an video shot and played to a stadium audience on a matchday is what grates because now because he was basically sitting there lying.  It should be a net gain (hey, it's £8m we weren't expecting to get six months ago) but instead it feels like a betrayal because he promised one thing and then did the exact opposite.  In fact I don't think I'd have been as offended if he'd just left on a Bosman. 

It's AVFCOffical who make the fuss about it, they're all over it with exclusive interviews / fan message / etc.  You can tell they're scripted, he has the token keywords that get repeated...it's very orchestrated.

Take a look through the "AVFC Exclusive OFfice new deal interview"...it's kind of comedy gold on reflection :-

https://tv.avfc.co.uk/en/AVTV/2015/05/07/Exclusive%20Delph%20on%20new%20deal

P.S. I'm not one of the angry ones, I can't really wag my finger at people (the club and delph) only doing what I'd probably do myself in their circumstances.  I'm just making a point of how elaborate it all is.

He's just a young guy who stands to make a truck load of money, he is no Villa fan, he doesn't really have any reason why he can't go out and look after number 1.

I'm sure there are many reasons. Even so, does every player want to win things from the bench? No guarantee, but vastly more likely that he will be a fringe player there. Here, he's integral, without question. So I don't think it's even as simple as winning things. More satisfying as a player to bring up a struggling club or a bit part player in a successful club?

I disagree. Any player that feels he will be a bit part player at Man City when they are in for him shouldn't even be in the game. He has earned his move and will trust his own ability.

He will play and train alongside some of the best players in the world which will only help him improve as a player. He will also test himself against the best players in the world. Had he turned this move down I would have personally thought they guy not only had no balls and ambition but had also lost the plot.

I said previously that if they came in for him he was gone. But I didn't expect the 8M clause to be true. I admit that surprised me. But the naivety shown by fans to suggest he would turn down a move to Man City surprised me even more.

Also before you point to Rodwell and Sinclair, no way were that at the level Delph is at. They were both every poor Mancini signings and many said it at the time, Delph is now an established England International!!

• Like 1

lol. Fabian Delph will never be an England great. He's not even half that player that Milner was when he left us.

Yet in his few games for England he already looks the better player Milner ever did in an England shirt.

He has looked good because of the gash he has been  surrounded with. Football is a job so no loyalty , players will go to who ever pays them more cash. I was more upset when Milner left, he was class. I just hope he has a good pair of tweezers as he will need them to pick the splinters out of his butt.

I disagree. Any player that feels he will be a bit part player at Man City when they are in for him shouldn't even be in the game. He has earned his move and will trust his own ability.

He will play and train alongside some of the best players in the world which will only help him improve as a player. He will also test himself against the best players in the world. Had he turned this move down I would have personally thought they guy not only had no balls and ambition but had also lost the plot.

I said previously that if they came in for him he was gone. But I didn't expect the 8M clause to be true. I admit that surprised me. But the naivety shown by fans to suggest he would turn down a move to Man City surprised me even more.

Also before you point to Rodwell and Sinclair, no way were that at the level Delph is at. They were both every poor Mancini signings and many said it at the time, Delph is now an established England International!!

We're speculating over motives, of course, so you're welcome to that interpretation. And we will certainly see how it turns out.

The one part here that I take issue with, is the part about ambition. Him staying here would not at all be a knock on his ambition. There many great things he can do for this club that, in many ways, are more ambitious. Further, if he plays in, say, 20 games next year, will the move be proof of his ambition?

Why would Delph agree to doing such a video though? He held all the bargaining chips in the contract negotiations in January, he certainly had enough power to dictate a release clause which is practically in the "squad player" price bracket for most of the clubs in the top half of the table these days so I'm not sure what he had to gain by doing the PR stunt beyond him just being a dick. He knew full well there was a release clause which undervalues him in this new contract when he spouted all the loyalty stuff and he certainly knew that that information would be passed on to other clubs such as Manchester City by his agent so why make a song and dance about it?

I don't think Villa fans would be anywhere near as upset if he'd just quietly signed the deal and told everybody about it via a press release on a Thursday afternoon or something. The fact that they went to the trouble of having an video shot and played to a stadium audience on a matchday is what grates because now because he was basically sitting there lying. It should be a net gain (hey, it's £8m we weren't expecting to get six months ago) but instead it feels like a betrayal because he promised one thing and then did the exact opposite. In fact I don't think I'd have been as offended if he'd just left on a Bosman.

It's AVFCOffical who make the fuss about it, they're all over it with exclusive interviews / fan message / etc. You can tell they're scripted, he has the token keywords that get repeated...it's very orchestrated.

Take a look through the "AVFC Exclusive OFfice new deal interview"...it's kind of comedy gold on reflection :-

https://tv.avfc.co.uk/en/AVTV/2015/05/07/Exclusive%20Delph%20on%20new%20deal

P.S. I'm not one of the angry ones, I can't really wag my finger at people (the club and delph) only doing what I'd probably do myself in their circumstances. I'm just making a point of how elaborate it all is.

He's just a young guy who stands to make a truck load of money, he is no Villa fan, he doesn't really have any reason why he can't go out and look after number 1.

Nobody will blame the club. They orchestrated all this to a) not lose him on a free and B) make him look the bad guy.

Pure scum manipulation by AVFC IMO!

• Like 1

Â