Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I had nothing better to do on a Monday evening to watch the PL and I noticed something very interesting. Liverpool were amazing 55 minutes with Coutinho running all over the place and always, ALWAYS, shouting for the ball and he even came down to the center halfs sometimes to just pick up the ball and start a new attack.

Coutinho did one or two slick dribbles and a lot of 1-2-1-2 with other players. Now after he got injured Liverpool suddenly became Villa against Newcastle. No movement, nobody who wanted the ball and they just played awful.

You may ask yourself where is this topic going? Well I thought a lot of the responsibility that Coutinho took for himself was just as Delph. Delph is always looking for the ball and against Newcastle he had som very successfull 1-2-1-2 passes wich eventually led to the Luna opportunity (wich he for some reason just threw away..) and also every time our wingers/wingbacks got the opportunity to cross the ball was because of the chaos Delph starting at the middle of the park.

Long story short, yes we all know that a AMF is missing but IMO Delph has every attribute needed to be just that for us!

I had nothing better to do on a Monday evening to watch the PL and I noticed something very interesting. Liverpool were amazing 55 minutes with Coutinho running all over the place and always, ALWAYS, shouting for the ball and he even came down to the center halfs sometimes to just pick up the ball and start a new attack.

Coutinho did one or two slick dribbles and a lot of 1-2-1-2 with other players. Now after he got injured Liverpool suddenly became Villa against Newcastle. No movement, nobody who wanted the ball and they just played awful.

You may ask yourself where is this topic going? Well I thought a lot of the responsibility that Coutinho took for himself was just as Delph. Delph is always looking for the ball and against Newcastle he had som very successfull 1-2-1-2 passes wich eventually led to the Luna opportunity (wich he for some reason just threw away..) and also every time our wingers/wingbacks got the opportunity to cross the ball was because of the chaos Delph starting at the middle of the park.

Long story short, yes we all know that a AMF is missing but IMO Delph has every attribute needed to be just that for us!

Play delph as number 10?

Continues like this and he'll be player of the season for us. No booking yesterday either!

What a difference a year makes. He just keeps on improving, if we can get some goals out of him he will be even more important. I also notice how he bosses people around, potential captain?

I agree that he does keep getting better, still think he lacks that final pass in the last third of the pitch, to really create chances. Still easily our current best midfielder

Didn't he do exactly that to put Kozak through yesterday?

Yes, on the odd occasion he does but there were 2/3 others times when around the box and didn't make the pass

Thriving in his DM/playmaker roll. Ventures forward, committed in his tackles, shows good awareness and makes the right decisions. He is doing the Petrov roll very well.

I don't think he's done much to be labelled a playmaker.

Â