Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

I have been critical of him more about his application but pleasing to hear how they say he is really knuckling down in training and they are seeing a big improvement

I remember i think it was a few days after bent signed he said in an interview something about staying late with fonz and someone else (gary gardner i think but can't quite remember) to practice their finishing. Definately encouraging.

The new Yorke, please wise up to yourself.

Lets see how The Fonz goes, I like him and I think he deserves a run in the team but thats very high expectations man!

Can I just point something out here.

I can remember, what, about 1993 or something, Whte Hart Lane, Dwight Played, maybe even his full debut, I can't remember.

He sat on the ball virtually on the goal-line and rolled it over.

At the end of the match my mate said "He ain't no Andy Gray is he !"

Fonz is young - the youngest of all our young - and he has proved he can score goals - its as simple as that.

He isn't nowhere near the finished article - but he has shown he is a natural goalscorer - with feet and head.

Fair play to the kid, I reckon he'll get 15 goals in a season within the next 3 years !

He's got talent and will score goals, I just worry about his future with Bent here, Gabby etc...and the fact he likes to play someone in the hole, maybe if Young goes, he'll revert to two upfront. He may even not sign a striker and have Delfouneso as 2nd/3rd choice which would be a leap of faith and give him more chance of game time.

I have been critical of him more about his application but pleasing to hear how they say he is really knuckling down in training and they are seeing a big improvement

Fantastic news, i think you can tell with the impact he has had in the games he has played this season. He is a real goal threat already and he's only 19. So much potential i just hope he realises it.

There's something missing with the lad and I can't quite put my finger on it. He's got control, good feet, quick, can finish. Don't know why I don't rate him higher, but I don't.

He seems to lack a bit of urgency doesn't he? He doesn't exactly swan about like Berbatov but he has that kind if mentality I think.

Also he's always slow to react to passes and rebounds.

Still think he's deserving of a decent run upfront, though I can't see how it would come about. We already need to leave Heskey, Albrighton and Makoun/NRC out of the team so he's some way down the pecking order.

Same for me actually. I think he's a good player and a brilliant prospect but just how longer can he stay a prospect? He's got good vision and quick feet but his decision making is something that could be improved. Think he's a bit nervous. Either that or he's always caught in two minds as he's not the quickest to react to a pass.

On the flip side he is only 19. But yeah, I think Shillz nailed it for me there. It's maybe a concentration thing rather than application, which does concern me because it's something that can't really be taught. He'll either grow into it or he won't.

He really has got wonderful control and technique. Physically too he's perfect for his game. I think Gerard likes him so we'll see how he progresses.

(whisper it, he reminds me a LOT of Luke Moore....)

any sign of him going on loan tomorrow maybe?. he could do with a run of games in the prem or championship.

I doubt they would let him go out on loan....Heskey is prone to injuries.

Would only leave Bent and Gabby if Heskey got injured again and Fonz was out on loan, we don't even have Andreas Weimann now as he is out on loan?

The Fonz wont be going out on loan. He'll get games with us.

I think he's ace and he's going to be a bit special if he fulfills his potential. He has everything going for him.

Pace, height, skill, awareness, finishing... almost everything a striker needs.

I can see a pairing of him and Bent working a treat pretty soon.

he is a goalscorer for me - not sure where he is going to fit into the team though any time soon as he is not going to dislodge bent in a 4-5-1 or whatever formation you want to call it, and he would be wasted in the hole imo, as he needs to spend as much time in the box as possible for me.

The new Yorke, please wise up to yourself.

Lets see how The Fonz goes, I like him and I think he deserves a run in the team but thats very high expectations man!

Can I just point something out here.

I can remember, what, about 1993 or something, Whte Hart Lane, Dwight Played, maybe even his full debut, I can't remember.

He sat on the ball virtually on the goal-line and rolled it over.

At the end of the match my mate said "He ain't no Andy Gray is he !"

Fonz is young - the youngest of all our young - and he has proved he can score goals - its as simple as that.

He isn't nowhere near the finished article - but he has shown he is a natural goalscorer - with feet and head.

Fair play to the kid, I reckon he'll get 15 goals in a season within the next 3 years !

Oh I full agreed that if he is given enough game time to develope he can hit that goal target in one of the next three seasons, but being the new Dwight Yorke is a BIG ask. Thats my point. It is, once again (Like Luke & Stefan Moore, Vassell etc), massive expectations on one so young. However I do believe that if you are good enough it doesn't matter what age you are.

No doubt he has talent!

he is a goalscorer for me - not sure where he is going to fit into the team though any time soon as he is not going to dislodge bent in a 4-5-1 or whatever formation you want to call it, and he would be wasted in the hole imo, as he needs to spend as much time in the box as possible for me.

I think with our more dynamic midfield two, we could play 2 up front, at home at least.

.........................Friedel.........................

Walker......Cuellar.......Collins.......Clark

Albrighton....Bradley....Makoun....Young

..............Delfouneso....Bent...................

Â