Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

Delphonso just needs a run of games. Im not sure its the right stage of the season to do this considering the position were in, but he just needs to be given 5 straight games to see what he's capable of doing. Tell the lad he will play the next 5 games no matter how many goals he scores. only then will we be able to see how good he is.

Delphonso just needs a run of games. Im not sure its the right stage of the season to do this considering the position were in, but he just needs to be given 5 straight games to see what he's capable of doing. Tell the lad he will play the next 5 games no matter how many goals he scores. only then will we be able to see how good he is.

He did more in the time he was on than Carew did all game. He should start ahead of Carew while heskey is out IMO. He won't though, now that A. Young is back.

I think he lacked a lot of confidence after a miserable summer and pre-season, his touch looks sharper again so perhaps he feels a more physically complete player after bulking up.

Lets hope he gets games as soon as possible, a striker that likes to shoot and run at defenders, yes bloody please!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Keep it up lad.

I'll try to.

Thanks Claret75, he does like our strikers wide doesn't he GH.

Not sure why he'd have both Delphouneso and Gabby wide. Especially at home against Blackburn. I can understand one of them wide, with orders to get into the box when they can, but I was surprised he didn't start Albrighton. Worked out well today though I suppose.

Played wide right and was a real threat, nearly alwats scores too. Very good prospect for me, id like him to go and play a run of games somwhere though, better for us and him long term.

I think a loan might be good for him, but at the same time he's a dangerous player to bring off the bench when we need a goal and we don't have any other proven goalscorer to that can do that.

Claret75, we have a Delph and a Delfouneso... they are not one

:winkold:

Beasley14, I agree that a loan for Fonz to get a run of games would be good.

We have Gabby, Heskey & Bent upfront and Downing, Ash, Gabby or Marc to play on the wings, so it's not like we desperately need him to stay. Though if he stays and gets us goals in the cup, I won't complain.

Saw him after the match outside players exit. He was talking to a short, black 30s looking Blackburn player (sorry don't know who) and to a smartly dressed skinnier black guy in his early 40's (at first I thought he was a former Villa great because Villa players were going up to say hello (Bannan and Albrighton + Fonz...help me out with my limited pre-2006 Villa knowledge!!)

Anyways, Nathan came across as a little whiney baby. He said "Yeah man, well it ain't my position, the gaffer should know I'm a striker...I don't play out there....But you know, I bang in the goals cause that's my job baby, banging them in...."

Not exactly eloquent.

BTW, no clue what Bannan was saying except for a couple words here and there ...I don't understand HIS Scottish accent.

Met Albrighton and sat next to his parents at the match, great people.

Â