Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

So. Basically cricket exists because people like to sit in the sun, drink beers, and waste a bit of time.

Thing is, I can do that in my garden, and not have to sit through a cricket match
Yeah but we went mob handed to the last 20/20 and then built towers out of the empty beer glasses (well plastic glasses) and then when a steward came in from the left to confiscate it we'd pass it down the line so that he would then go back, and walk to the other end if the row by which time we would then pass the beer glass tower back the other way

We managed to keep this up for around 12 overs before he threw his toys out the pram stormed off and went and got a chief steward .. we then did the same thing to him ... Not the sharpest these cricket stewards

Cricket 1 stevo's back garden 0

sounds really fun.

And none of it has anything to do with the "sport" going on on the pitch ;-)

Imran Khan is the Chancellor od Bradford Uni

The boxer?

That was an inadvertent 'half-post' from my phone. 

What I intended to go on to say was that in his first graduation day speech, he decided to be 'witty and entertaining' - so he trotted out the 'Holding/Willey' anecdote. 

It went down like the proverbial lead balloon. Many of the parents present weren't native English speakers and simply didn't understand it. The rest had heard it a million times before, and shrugged. And the majority of the young students had never heard of Holding or Willey, so took it at face value as being smutty, and sat there looking shocked or simply bewildered. 

Stick to falling off ladders, Imran. 

Do university chancellors get paid?

Absolutely tonnes.

That was my point.

I know that vice-chancellors get paid heaps (£200k+ at Bradford) and so I was trying to work out whether being the actual chancellor was one of those rare jobs where you are better coming second rather than first. :)

Y'know wot I mean!

It's a common misconception that the Chancellor is the boss and the Vice-Chancellor is the number two. Doesn't work like that. The VC is THE BOSS, and gets paid a whopping salary. Chancellor is an honorary appointment - often a 'celeb' - and s/he does naff all except turn up to hand out degree certificates once a year (if you're lucky - Imran's usually far too busy). Dunno if they get paid, maybe a nominal amount for expenses.

love it when pictures like this pop up on my twitter feed.....

my first game would have been about '74, this is from '75, I might have been there!

Bm5-UFwCIAAFLoK.jpg

My Dada would have been there. I can't see him in this photo though.

Â