Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I think I've worked out who was chicken shit at rounders in their all girl infant schools.

Oh, I'll own up to that. Total wuss and shit at all sports. But at least I could see what was good about football. Still haven't managed it with cricket.

I'm not fan of cricket by any stretch of the imagination, but saying that I've been to the 20/20 on a Friday night at Edgbaston twice and with a few beers its a good laugh.

Basically its the more interesting part of cricket (batters try and slog every bowl) without all the crappy pauses, delays, drearyness.

I'm not fan of cricket by any stretch of the imagination, but saying that I've been to the 20/20 on a Friday night at Edgbaston twice and with a few beers its a good laugh.

Basically its the more interesting part of cricket (batters try and slog every bowl) without all the crappy pauses, delays, drearyness.

you would not of liked micheal atherton then.

I'm actually surprised.

why?

So. Basically cricket exists because people like to sit in the sun, drink beers, and waste a bit of time.

Thing is, I can do that in my garden, and not have to sit through a cricket match

I aint now. Believe it or not I was a huge cricket,rugby league,athletics and football fan. Still am football, I've never been beaten in the 100 metres and I used to run everywhere to the point that one of my nicknames my mates used to call me was forest, after forest gump. Ran for the county and was fit as a fiddle, broke fitness test records at high school and was a very good footballer. Was in the school football,cricket,rugby and athletics teams. Was also good at tennis although I did not like watching it, then it all went downhill from the age of 17.

• Like 2

I used to play cricket to a fairly high level in my youth. WHich surprises people given my dislike for the sport (although to be honest that probably contributed)

I aint now. Believe it or not I was a huge cricket,rugby league,athletics and football fan. Still am football, I've never been beaten in the 100 metres and I used to run everywhere to the point that one of my nicknames my mates used to call me was forest, after forest gump. Ran for the county and was fit as a fiddle, broke fitness test records at high school and was a very good footballer. Was in the school football,cricket,rugby and athletics teams. Was also good at tennis although I did not like watching it, then it all went downhill from the age of 17.

You're the anti-me. I was crap at all sports at school, and hated doing them, especially running. 

Ended up being a middle-aged (and old!) footballer and distance runner. I'm fitter now than I was at 21. 

I bet your fitter than me now, I'm still a decent footballer but I hardly play anymore. Mad aint it, must admit though when I'm in my 50s I want to be in shape so I better start thinking about getting into a few things again.

I used to play cricket at university and had the chance to play in Barbados. I always fielded at silly point and was a fairly decent off-spinner. I loved fielding at silly point because at times the chat with the batsman was ridiculous. I used to talk about anything to them incessantly. I once asked a guy if he could receive all the BBC channels in Malta and then I talked to a batsman about making a chicken pie. Used to put them right off.   

• Like 2

I used to play cricket at university and had the chance to play in Barbados. I always fielded at silly point and was a fairly decent off-spinner. I loved fielding at silly point because at times the chat with the batsman was ridiculous. I used to talk about anything to them incessantly. I once asked a guy if he could receive all the BBC channels in Malta and then I talked to a batsman about making a chicken pie. Used to put them right off.

hahaha
  • Like 1

So. Basically cricket exists because people like to sit in the sun, drink beers, and waste a bit of time.

No it exists, because it's a great and popular sport. Sitting in the sun, enjoying a beer with your mates is just a happy side. It's also nice that the only other countries that play test cricket, also happen to be some of the warmest, nicest places on earth, and you get to travel to those places and watch the sport with your mates, while having a great holiday.  

• Like 4

I reckon you were a leg spinner? And handy with the bat. Probably put lower down the batting order to stabalise things.

Nah, couldn't spin for shit.

Fast bowler, and basically a slogger. But you're right, normally down the batting order to spice things up. 

Did have a stint in the school first team opening after I impressed a few times with the bat but it was pretty unsuccessful

**** a duck, are you lot still on about cricket?

Don't you boring gits have a dedicated thread you could take this to? That would cheer me up immensely.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

Â