Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

12 minutes ago, blandy said:

Got to the pub and a beer appeared 

IMG_3434.jpeg

Pub? Looks like a taproom with that font. My girlfriend reckons I should offer you outside for that. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Pub? Looks like a taproom with that font. My girlfriend reckons I should offer you outside for that. 

Cool your jets Tyson, I think its a Greene King pub :D 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m still on leave, so I had the pleasure this morning of sitting here with a coffee, watching my wife’s ‘getting ready for work in the winter’ routine. I love it, it hasn’t changed since I’ve known her.

Put on coat. Put bag over head and shoulder. Walk to mirror, check bag looks just right. Adjust strap location. Get hat and gloves, put hat and gloves on.

Walk 12 steps down garden path to car. Take bag off shoulder, throw it on passenger seat. Get in car. Remove hat. Remove gloves.

Drive to work which is two quite long streets away, with a parking space next to the door.

I don’t know this next bit, but I presume that once she’s parked, the hat and gloves will go back on. Reach over get the bag, put bag over head and shoulder. Walk 12 steps in to the office. Take off bag, take off hat, take off gloves, take off coat.

Door to door is roughly 7 or 8 minutes.

I just love the madness of it.

I can’t believe anyone would drive such a short distance… she’s like one of those awful mums on the school run 😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Drive to work which is two quite long streets away, with a parking space next to the door.

Door to door is roughly 7 or 8 minutes.

Very convenient. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

She lives in France now, but every day my mum would get in her car, at the house marked Telford IT and drive to the newsagent that was part of the post office for a paper and cigarettes. Every day. Never walked ever. 

Screenshot-20231229-160347.png

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

She lives in France now, but every day my mum would get in her car, at the house marked Telford IT and drive to the newsagent that was part of the post office for a paper and cigarettes. Every day. Never walked ever. 

Fish n Chips, Indian and Chinese - i'm glad to see the 3 main food groups are covered :) 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Xela said:

Fish n Chips, Indian and Chinese - i'm glad to see the 3 main food groups are covered :) 

When I lived over that way we had a chippy and that was it, now look at them. Spoiled for choice. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I used to work with someone who instead of walking 50 feet to the McDonald's next door would get in their car to use the drive through. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I'm not ashamed to say I've played that game before on station hill in kiddy, bag of chips from captain cods, keema naan and a CTM from the Indian, salt and pepper chicken and probably a spring roll or prawn toast from Lai Lam

Good old days 

• Like 2

Â