Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

i like that smug feeling you get when you are overruled only to be proven right when the answers are called out.
I've thought about this a lot, but I sadly concluded that we have selective memory. We only remember those "told you so" instances, and conveniently forget the times when we got it spectacularly wrong. It's like refereeing decisions that even out over a season.

Reminded me of the Quiz in 'the office'

After the quiz Finch is telling everyone about who he [David Brent] said the Cuban leader was. After a long pause David admits that he said Fray Bentos.

After the quiz Finch is telling everyone about who he [David Brent] said the Cuban leader was. After a long pause David admits that he said Fray Bentos.

I remember as a kid being amazed (and amused) to discover that there was actually a place in Argentina called Fray Bentos - named after one Friar Benedict, not after a tin of corned beef.

Same with Jaffa (I thought it was funny they'd name a place after an orange).

Went to a wedding last weekend and caught up with some friends that I have not seen for years ( they came down from England for the wedding ) that was good, also I get $5 taken out of my bank account each week and donated to Perth Cat Haven, that feels good.

As you can see from my username I love cats.

I get $5 taken out of my bank account each week and donated to Perth Cat Haven, that feels good.

As you can see from my username I love cats.

You'll be in for a rough ride on here, then.

Cats are shit. We have two and they're rubbish pets. They just do what they like and pester you whenever you're about to do something fun. Anyone who claims that cats love you are wrong. They're even classified as "free spirits" which is why you can technically never own a cat and you won't ever be held responsible if your cat ruins someone's day.

Rubbish pets.

Cats are shit. We have two and they're rubbish pets. They just do what they like and pester you whenever you're about to do something fun. Anyone who claims that cats love you are wrong. They're even classified as "free spirits" which is why you can technically never own a cat and you won't ever be held responsible if your cat ruins someone's day.

Rubbish pets.

Couldnt agree more, cats are shite!

Â