Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Running
Deffo. Even though I'm well below par ATM, I'm looking forward to my club run this evening. Always gets the endorphin count up.

I hate running unless there's a ball at my feet but I do love the endorphins you get after a bit of manual labour. I've been dismantling a brick wall all day and it was back breaking. Had a shower, sat down and now I feel great.

My Dad.

Was listening to a song and I was enjoying the music rather than the singing. They're called Marillion, would imagine some of old sods on here (Rob, Bicks etc) know them. My Dad, who used to roadie for a few not so famous bands back in the day turned round and said that way back, when the band 'The Farm' had just come on the scene ('they were shit son' he says, but he was one of their 50 scouse roadies) him and another roadie taxed all of Marillions crates of beer 'for being miserable b*stards'. Typical scousers but I found it hilarious. He isn't a fan of Marillion to the day.

Anyway, the fact that old people stories cheer me up. Much better than listening to one of my mates drunken stories. Older people just make everything seem funnier back then. It probably was tbh.

Anyway, the fact that old people stories cheer me up. Much better than listening to one of my mates drunken stories. Older people just make everything seem funnier back then. It probably was tbh.
You raaaaaaang, sir? :lol:

Occasionally at work you'll get a customer who is a genuinely nice person who is genuinely happy that you're able to help them make an informed decision and you can have a good chat with them and whatnot and they leave with a smile on their face and you feel you've actually been able to help. That cheers me up.

If not mostly because we usually end up having John and Jane Crackhead in with their open Fosters cans, meth addled teeth and stolen goods who treat you like shit.

Without sounding gay Chind Chinderson if you were to serve me I would probably be the guy to chat with you for hours. There just isn't enough people like this. When I worked in Clarks I would always try and be nice to the blokes and quite often would sell an extra pair and a some slippers without even trying to upsell. People are getting less friendlier these days.

Although when I buy shoes I just grunt 'yeah, i'll take these'.

Without sounding gay Chind Chinderson if you were to serve me I would probably be the guy to chat with you for hours.

badnewsyouregaygozs4l.jpg

Â