Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

My Dad.

Was listening to a song and I was enjoying the music rather than the singing. They're called Marillion, would imagine some of old sods on here (Rob, Bicks etc) know them. My Dad, who used to roadie for a few not so famous bands back in the day turned round and said that way back, when the band 'The Farm' had just come on the scene ('they were shit son' he says, but he was one of their 50 scouse roadies) him and another roadie taxed all of Marillions crates of beer 'for being miserable b*stards'. Typical scousers but I found it hilarious. He isn't a fan of Marillion to the day.

Anyway, the fact that old people stories cheer me up. Much better than listening to one of my mates drunken stories. Older people just make everything seem funnier back then. It probably was tbh.

I'm not that old but I know Marillion, purely because they were mentioned a lot in Viz magazine.

My Dad.

Was listening to a song and I was enjoying the music rather than the singing. They're called Marillion, would imagine some of old sods on here (Rob, Bicks etc) know them. My Dad, who used to roadie for a few not so famous bands back in the day turned round and said that way back, when the band 'The Farm' had just come on the scene ('they were shit son' he says, but he was one of their 50 scouse roadies) him and another roadie taxed all of Marillions crates of beer 'for being miserable b*stards'. Typical scousers but I found it hilarious. He isn't a fan of Marillion to the day.

Anyway, the fact that old people stories cheer me up. Much better than listening to one of my mates drunken stories. Older people just make everything seem funnier back then. It probably was tbh.

I'm not that old but I know Marillion, purely because they were mentioned a lot in Viz magazine.

Good for you. Old sod :winkold: to be honest I tend to go back in time with music so I am sure a lot of young people are familar with them.

You raaaaaaang, sir? :lol:

Yes I did. Give us a golden old story otherwise I'll have to start another thread to make me laugh. Got a lot of work on again and like a good visit to VT for a good story.

^^^ Watched and recorded on Sky + HD.

My little brother sat glued to the tv whilst this was on and he was asking me loads of questions about it during the ad breaks. A few years ago he used to play football at a place where Tony Morley was doing the coaching. He found it hilarious that Morley used to have long blonde hair.

Yes I did. Give us a golden old story otherwise I'll have to start another thread to make me laugh. Got a lot of work on again and like a good visit to VT for a good story.

Let me just get a packet of Werthers' Originals and some old shag for me pipe, don the cardigan and slippers and I'll be right back.

If I remember who I am...

Let me just get a packet of Werthers' Originals and some old shag for me pipe, don the cardigan and slippers and I'll be right back.

If I remember who I am...

Don't forget to sit in the wing back....

You could tell your Alzheimers story. Failing that you could tell your Alzheimers story.

(Ps no way will Citeh beat United, Tevez is injured and citeh aren't half the team without him)

As for Katy B :nod:

Beating wiggy on Betdash ;)

:)

Early doors yet my friend, ive sort of gone on a mad'un and spunked the lot hoping something comes in!

And as for your 'Man City to beat Man Utd' bet...

2d8ezb8.jpg

:D

Its good fun this Bet Dash malarky.

I've spunked the whole lot on bets to expire tomorrow. This time tomorrow, I'll be a millionaire.

:D

Â