Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

The bloke who sits a couple of seats down from me in the office. (Applied for my job - didn't get it - ever so slightly bitter about it) having a massive full on meltdown because I asked him (perfectly politely) to turn his music down because all I could hear was "bum tish tish tish" through his shitty iEarphones. 

He went purple. Shouted "For **** SAKE" at the top of his voice and stomped off. 45 mins ago. He still hasn't returned. 

He's the sort of bloke that wears those "reactions lenses" is mid-40s, with a mail order Thai bride and is quite clearly a monumental bellend. 

• Like 2

The bloke who sits a couple of seats down from me in the office. (Applied for my job - didn't get it - ever so slightly bitter about it) having a massive full on meltdown because I asked him (perfectly politely) to turn his music down because all I could hear was "bum tish tish tish" through his shitty iEarphones. 

He went purple. Shouted "For **** SAKE" at the top of his voice and stomped off. 45 mins ago. He still hasn't returned. 

He's the sort of bloke that wears those "reactions lenses" is mid-40s, with a mail order Thai bride and is quite clearly a monumental bellend. 

you're such an asshole!

see sig.

• Like 1

Reaction lenses. AKA paedophile glasses.

Nobody has ever worn them without looking like a paedo the second they start to dim

Yep. Clear sign of a degenerate sex offender. 

Yesterday I was mired in a terrible stairway rebuild, capped off by being charged at by a rabid porcupine as I was cleaning up. Barely made any progress on the job too.

Today I finished the job, and as some sort of cosmic reward, I saw two deer and a bald eagle.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2

I love Nandos. Not really for the food, which is alright, but because you pay before you eat.

I'd love it if all places were like that. There's nothing worse than sitting there, stuffed, waiting for a waiter to walk past so you can ask for the bill, then waiting for the bill to come, then waiting for the card machine to be brought over if you don't have cash.

I've been for meals where I've really enjoyed it up until that point, but then been sat there for 30-45 minutes at the end getting sick of the place.

I'm sure some places leave you sat there to make the place look busier.

I actually don't go to Nando's very often for the complete opposite reason, Fast food and pubs excluded if i want a meal in a restaurant, I want them to do all the work, I'm not standing in a queue to order my food!

Edited by AlwaysAVFC

People that queue to get into a restaurant are fools.

I was discussing the other week about having to queue to get into clubs, and bars, when I was younger. I can't think of anything I'd want to do less these days. If you've got to queue just to get in, I'm not interested. Plus I doubt they'd have a decent porter or stout on either.

I like food but foodie culture grinds my gears. Maybe it's because it reminds of those middle-class berks who have no issue with cataloguing the ingredients in their meals, and sometimes tell you about the ordeal of sourcing the right kind of peppercorn, and perhaps give a few hints at the cost of those just perfect sun-ripened tomatoes, or how, with the right room temperature, they really recaptured the feel of their favourite restaurant in Tuscany.

Food as status symbol. Sod that. Just.Get.In.My.Belly.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

I'll queue for a restaurant if it's worth it.

When I was in Barcelona I queued to get into a restaurant. It's a really nice place, I'd had several people tell me the food was excellent but reasonably priced, it was a special occasion, and they don't take bookings, so I had no choice. I was definitely glad I did it (although to be fair we only queued for about 10 minutes)

But you can **** off if you think i'm queueing to get into a bog standard restaurant like Nandos.

Edited by Stevo985

Â