Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

This story of the Normandy veteran who was told by nursing home he couldn't attend the memorial so he did I runner and turned up there.

All these years later still an amazing fight and spirit

• Like 4

This story of the Normandy veteran who was told by nursing home he couldn't attend the memorial so he did I runner and turned up there.

No, I was referring to Meath's post above. 

No, I was referring to Meath's post above.

And you was referring to rugleys above. And so the circle continues

Absolutly brilliant isn't it, what a hero.

same stevo, looked at the reminder and it said that I needed to read a few documents and come prepared, nope, didnt happen, then it got cancelled.

I agree, Shrewsbury is boring

• Like 2

Absolutly brilliant isn't it, what a hero.
He really is

my grandad landed on the beaches on d day, as a kid I was fascinated by it and always wanted to talk to him about it bit he never would, now hearing some of the stories of the things they remember (one guy saying as he looked at the beach he could still picture people laying there) there is no wonder he wouldn't talk about it. It will have always been with him until the day he died and I will always be thankful for what every one of them did for us

• Like 2

Not to denigrate 'our' vets in any way, but the British beaches were comparatively a cakewalk compared to the carnage the Americans suffered on Omaha.

• Like 2

Cold special fried rice at 8:00am might just be the best food in the world - especially if you can find a couple of chips and a can of coke.

Then into somebody else's car for a quick sleep whilst being driven to the next day's activities.

I've had a couple of lost weekends around Worcester and Malvern like that. One ended prematurely when I fell off a trellis table dancing to an Oompah band.

• Like 1

Not to denigrate 'our' vets in any way, but the British beaches were comparatively a cakewalk compared to the carnage the Americans suffered on Omaha.

Hollywood script writers and sensationalist American historians like this post.

Cold special fried rice at 8:00am might just be the best food in the world - especially if you can find a couple of chips and a can of coke.

Then into somebody else's car for a quick sleep whilst being driven to the next day's activities.

I've had a couple of lost weekends around Worcester and Malvern like that. One ended prematurely when I fell off a trellis table dancing to an Oompah band.

Eating too much food like that can give you strange looking eyes.

Â