Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Meant to post this last night. Feature on The One Show about the 50th anniversary of the film "Zulu". 

Pointing out that there were more English than Welsh soldiers at Rorke's Drift - at this point the 24th Foot was not yet the South Wales Borderers, but... The Warwickshire Regiment. 

They really DID sing - but the song wasn't "Men of Harlech" - it was "The Warwickshire Lad". 

Brummies written out of history again. 

racist

I'll have to dig it out and dust it down, but in the attic I've got a photo (sepia, watercoloured touched up) in a big heavy frame of my great grandad in full uniform stood next to his little tent out in the field and all the battles & major events of the Boer War where he was present written around the sides. My old man was going to chuck it out!

• Like 2

Meant to post this last night. Feature on The One Show about the 50th anniversary of the film "Zulu". 

Pointing out that there were more English than Welsh soldiers at Rorke's Drift - at this point the 24th Foot was not yet the South Wales Borderers, but... The Warwickshire Regiment. 

They really DID sing - but the song wasn't "Men of Harlech" - it was "The Warwickshire Lad". 

Brummies don't exist, or at least are not allowed on TV.

Corrie, Enders and Emmerdale (none of which I watch) all regularly feature characters from London, Manchester, Yorkshire, Liverpool, Newcastle, Scotland basically every accent is covered except for the one which must be the second most represented accent in the country.

Corrie, Enders and Emmerdale (none of which I watch) all regularly feature characters from London, Manchester, Yorkshire, Liverpool, Newcastle, Scotland basically every accent is covered except for the one which must be the second most represented accent in the country.

Peaky Blinders?

Peaky Blinders?

This was a freak event.  It was created and written by a Brummie.  he must have got the show commissioned set in Manchester then switched it pre-production.

Unless it's to be lampooned, like in the "Phones For YOW" advert.  :rant:

racist

To be fair, there were plenty of Taffs there too - the two main recruiting areas for the regiment were the west midlands and the Brecon Beacons. 

But the mix was not reflected in the film. 

Ugh, that's just reminded me of that "anything for YOW cupcake" abomination I've seen on TV recently.  It makes me want to puke.

Damn right, from every last stop.

I think we need a picture of this harpy (or hottie as the case may be)

I'm not taking a picture of that foul beast, while avoiding the obvious broken camera gag, I don't want that evil wench gracing any media of mine. If you want to see a picture of her, then it's probably easier to google 'The devil's whore', but i'd strongly advise you didn't.  Ergh, just the thought is making me all nauseous.

• Like 1

Ugh, that's just reminded me of that "anything for YOW cupcake" abomination I've seen on TV recently.  It makes me want to puke.

Auschwitz would be too good for whomever's responsible for that.

But that is what you guys sound like.

Â