Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather have Baker in his place. Clark is just such a poor, poor footballer and at 23 will not get any better. He's had 2 seasons to develop, and blown the chances.

He's clumsy, error prone, rash and undisciplined, extremely poor at positioning, weak, rubbish at headers.

He'd struggle in League One in my opinion.

I don't rate him at all, and I don't think I ever will. I don't enjoy his style of defending, he is proactive, which is sometimes magnificent and sometimes a liability. It's too risky. He gives away free kicks and rushes out position. He's agile and makes some fantastic tackles at times, but this doesn't outweigh his biggest weakness.

He's far too easily out muscled, which is a massive achilles heel for the team. If the opposition have a strong forward, the put them against Clark, and bully him. It leaves us massively exposed. I'd rather have Baker in there, who may not read the game quite as well as Clark, but is physically brutish and a great athlete. 

Clark's decent, and he'd certainly be a good defender for pretty much any Championship side.  I feel that those suggesting otherwise are being very harsh.

However, I never thought I'd be looking forward to Dunne getting back into the side so much, because right now in defence we seem to need another big bastard, with experience, who knows how to get his head on a corner.

Watching Clarke on Football First and it's embarrassing. Everytime the balls fed into Anichibe he's fouling him. The first goal is all down to his inability to prevent Anichibe turning in the box. Baker has to be a better bet at Centre back.

Â