Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clark probably will turn out to be a good centre back yes. He is very good on the ball as people are making out but being a CH is all about putting your body on the line, winning headers and last ditch tackles. Whilst Clark may be cool in possession and more of a footballer than our other centre halves, I still think he needs to learn the defensive side of the game more.

Hopefully this will come though and with a lot of work in the Gym over the summer this lad could become a class act. Thought he was very good at Blackpool and looked so calm with possesion.

Clark probably will turn out to be a good centre back yes. He is very good on the ball as people are making out but being a CH is all about putting your body on the line, winning headers and last ditch tackles. Whilst Clark may be cool in possession and more of a footballer than our other centre halves, I still think he needs to learn the defensive side of the game more.

Hopefully this will come though and with a lot of work in the Gym over the summer this lad could become a class act. Thought he was very good at Blackpool and looked so calm with possesion.

Exactly what I think. He needs to toughen up.

Still much too weak for me, and if you can't be dominant in the air, you'll never make a decent centre half in the Prem.

If he's playing cb that means Young is back at LB, witch I'll be happy about I thinks Youngs best games for us have been LB.

Probably be Baker playing left back but would be worried with a defence consisting of Clark, Walker and Baker as lack experience

Clark and Baker played together against Blackburn in the cup. IIRC they did not put a full strength team out, however, they did not have a youthful looking team like us.

Walker Dunne Clark Young

If Young is fit, then above, if not, Baker will start.

With Cuéllar & Collins out, Lowry on loan and Walker, Dunne, Clark & Baker on the pitch, the next most senior centre back is probably untried 18 year old Derrick Williams. Along with fellow Irishman Daniel Devine, they've both come up to the reserves from last season's FA youth cup final side and Williams has already established himself in the reserve team.

With Cuéllar & Collins out, Lowry on loan and Walker, Dunne, Clark & Baker on the pitch, the next most senior centre back is probably untried 18 year old Derrick Williams. Along with fellow Irishman Daniel Devine, they've both come up to the reserves from last season's FA youth cup final side and Williams has already established himself in the reserve team.

Beye isn't on loan is he?

Is Young back?

Or even (gulp) Warnock?

Beye isn't on loan is he?

Is Young back?

Or even (gulp) Warnock?

I think your right OBE.

Â