Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

Give Ciaran time I think he has the attributes to become a great player in either CB/CDM position with the guidance of lambert.

I do agree he has been poor of late but we should support the lad I'm pretty sure he will come good!

I forgot to say lol

I think it could be down to the fact he has had too much responsibility too soon.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give Ciaran time I think he has the attributes to become a great player in either CB/CDM position with the guidance of lambert.

I do agree he has been poor of late but we should support the lad I'm pretty sure he will come good!

I forgot to say lol

I think it could be down to the fact he has had too much responsibility too soon.

I would agree with that. Clark wasn't ready to be given the captain's armband at such a young age last season, when Vlaar was out. That added pressure didn't help him. In hindsight, Guzan would have probably been a better choice.

I really think the best career move for Clark would be for him to be moved into a Defensive midfield position, maybe alongside Westwood as a left footed alternative. Don't get me wrong, he should be nowhere near starting in midfield ATM, but with a bit of training and some game time there, he could be great there (Our current standards great that is). Unfortunately he's too error prone to be at CB at the minute, but doesn't make up for it with physical/aerial ability like Baker does. In midfield his mistakes can be much less disastrous and get mopped up by Baker/Vlaar/Okore whereas at CB it leaves a one on one with Guzan, and as good as Guzan is, I wouldn't feel too confident in that situation. He has the technical ability to do well in midfield too, and can work on his strength to be a more dominant presence.

I really think the best career move for Clark would be for him to be moved into a Defensive midfield position, maybe alongside Westwood as a left footed alternative. Don't get me wrong, he should be nowhere near starting in midfield ATM, but with a bit of training and some game time there, he could be great there (Our current standards great that is). Unfortunately he's too error prone to be at CB at the minute, but doesn't make up for it with physical/aerial ability like Baker does. In midfield his mistakes can be much less disastrous and get mopped up by Baker/Vlaar/Okore whereas at CB it leaves a one on one with Guzan, and as good as Guzan is, I wouldn't feel too confident in that situation. He has the technical ability to do well in midfield too, and can work on his strength to be a more dominant presence.

He was pretty comfortable in DM if I remember. Think he played there when we beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge under AM

would be good to have a natural left footer who could cover when tony moon goes rampaging up the left. we have a lot of competition for a few midfield places though so it's hard to see him getting a game there.

• 2 weeks later...
Â