Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

I think Clark is handy to have as a holding midfielder. 4th choice centre back, third choice left back, and 2nd choice holding midfielder behind Sylla, assuming that Westwood and Delph are a slightly different position and a deeper-but-with-attacking-intent midfielder.

Handy player to have but I can't see him making one position his own unless he significantly improves.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has he started with three centre backs in any if the three friendlies then, or even has he at any time during those games reverted to a back three.

I suspect the answer is no. Which suggests you're pulling all of this out of thin air.

It wouldn't surprise me if we did give the 3 at the back system another go at some point next season but I don't know where Con has pulled this 75% stat from.

I thought I'd seen a level of performance that bad that I wanted to claw my eyes out with warnock.

So far Clark has surpassed that this game. Completely and utterly shit. Lost every header, been megged twice. At fault for both goals so far.

Dreadful.

I thought I'd seen a level of performance that bad that I wanted to claw my eyes out with warnock.

So far Clark has surpassed that this game. Completely and utterly shit. Lost every header, been megged twice. At fault for both goals so far.

Dreadful.

While I'm not really questioning how shit he might have been, because it's not incredibly hard to believe...but how on earth could you say the first goal was his fault?

He was outmuscled when it should have been cleared. Maybe he wasn't directly at fault (only can see things once live) but his mistake is what set up the rest of the shambles.

It looked like the man got free down the right, Clark came out to cover and when the cross went in Clark tried to block it, it took the deflection which caught Guzan out. I'd class that more as a fluke. But like I said I wouldn't be overly surprised to hear Clark wasn't great. But hey, it's still preseason, so if we make mistakes, would much rather it be now.

Just saw the goals and I don't know about the first, but the second looked typical Clark. Lost his man, made it all too easy for the striker to score, just wasn't alert to the danger, didn't see it coming. How he got a new contract, I just don't get it.

Just saw the goals and I don't know about the first, but the second looked typical Clark. Lost his man, made it all too easy for the striker to score, just wasn't alert to the danger, didn't see it coming. How he got a new contract, I just don't get it.

I think Clark will have the Bent role next season. Mainly sitting down watching

Could be right but playing is what he needs to improve. A rusty Clark is not the kind of player to call upon.

Could be right but playing is what he needs to improve. A rusty Clark is not the kind of player to call upon.

I think it will be Vlaar and Okore if fit. Baker as third choice

If we play a three man CB I expect Clark to start, because Clark can push into midfield as the extra-CB should when we are on the attack. If we play two man CB pair, I'd expect Okore or Baker.

dont rate him. Too small.. or he doesnt impose himself enough for his size. Whichever it is.. Hes not good enough. Id like to see him sold with Donacien taking over eventually as 4th choice.

I don't think he's strong enough to be a CB

He's not like Baker is he not able to grab a striker by the balls and launch him out the area if need be

I think he lacks bravery as well goes up for headers and doesn't look fully committed gets beaten in the air all the time

He did ok when he was at DM before i'd give him a shot there perhaps

Edited by AshVilla

Â