Match Thread (Locked)

limpid

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a team he might have played in the reserve league and done well. Perhaps Rapid Vienna aren't much better than the best reserve team in our division.

"We will fight to get into European places" -> Club Gets there -> "We'll use this competition to blood youngsters(play reserves)" -> Crash out - > " ... Next season..... - > "We will fight to get into European places" -> Club Gets there -> "We'll use this competition to blood youngsters(play reserves)" -> Crash out - > " ... Next season..... -> "We will fight to get into European places" ......................................................

Am I on my own here, I am seriously, seriously not bothered about this.

I cannot get enthused by this "league". It is a stpuid competition since the Champions League took everyone down to Scunthorpe !.

In one way I think - trip to Dublin - nice one.

In another way, I think, win this, virtually every game is on a Sunday !

I don't have to take any time off for aturday games. Sundays are a nightmare for me.

So, conclusion. I want Villa to win, of course I do, I never want us to lose.

But if we do - I won't be losing any sleep over it !

Looks like a mistake to be honest. Sort of trying to work out the point of it, realistically the best league position we can hope for is 6th but we aren't bothered about the competition that gets us into.

Aye, we can only get 6th. Might as well give up now. Why bother considering we don't even take the Europa League seriously?

Oh come on. What a defeatist attitude that really is.

"We will fight to get into European places" -> Club Gets there -> "We'll use this competition to blood youngsters(play reserves)" -> Crash out - > " ... Next season..... - > "We will fight to get into European places" -> Club Gets there -> "We'll use this competition to blood youngsters(play reserves)" -> Crash out - > " ... Next season..... -> "We will fight to get into European places" ......................................................

exactly

to think i get so excited at the end of the season to get into a european spot....

basically its either 4th or nothing

My thoughts before the game:

Don't like the team. I understand resting some players but this is on the wrong side of the line between introducing new players and risking our involvement in the competition, personally. However I'll let the result play out before I criticise the manager.

Also, saw Hogg in preseason against Bohs and actually thought he looked handy. Not surprised he's been given a chance.

Don't like Beye at CB, although I'm happy he's getting a game.

But ultimately, most clubs around Europe make a good effort at this tourney. Liverpool and Fulham didn't feel above it last year. We should do the same - getting used to playing midweek games is part of being a big club. If we get a poor result tonight I'll be really pissed off.

A team near the bottom of the Swiss league just hammered Spurs... I can't see us winning here.

Up the Villa, though. If one of the young guys gets his first competitive goal I'll be jumping around the room.