• A Young
    • Milner
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Reo-Coker (for Milner 84)
    • Wiemann (for L Young 85)
    • Bannan (for Albrighton 88)

Excellent performance, outside of 10 minutes in the second half we were totally dominant. Great reaction from the fans - behind the players, MacDonald and Lerner. Albrighton, Clark, Petrov and Downing were brilliant everyone else at least a or 7 or 8. Best Villa performance in a long time. Without being overly fickle.... Martin who?

could really have picked any of them today but it has to be albrighton who was spectacular

both the youngs were very impressive and petrov looked even better with todays formation

the future's bright, the future's albrighton! :)

I've been banging on about it for 18 months now that this team, this squad, IS good enough IF they are allowed to play football and not HOOF HOOF HOOF!!!

Brilliant, an absolute joy to watch. And Marc Albrighton gets an 11. everyone else a 10. Special mention to Ciaran Clark. Never put a foot wrong today in only his 2nd premiership start.

And well done to Blackpool! Chuffed for them.

Fantastic game. Albrighton was brilliant and Clark impressed me as well.

Nice to see Bannan and Weimann get a run out.

Only downside was I that I had 1 euro on 4-0 and Carew anytime scorer. Could have won 50 euro. :lol:

Friedel and the defence all get 7 from me, not much to do, but they did it well and we never looked in danger.

Albrighton - 9

Milner - 8

Petrov - 8

Downing - 8

Young - 7

Carew - 5 - missed far too many great opportunities, the only blemish on an otherwise fantastic display.

overall a very enjoyable game. lots of chances, had a few very good shouts for a pen turned down, hit the woodwork a few times. cant believe carew didnt get one though, he didnt have his shooting boots on today

Albrighton was ok 1st half, maybe tried a bit too hard. but 2nd half he was simply brilliant. always looking to take on the fullback and get inside, pleased he got an assist. rest of the midfielders was all very good, fair play to milner for really putting the effort in.

at the back i was very impressed with Clark. he is composed on the ball and positionally sound. definitely ready for the prem league.

still a couple of periods in the game where we sat back and allowed the opposition too much of the ball, but a very promising start to the season. good stuff!

Â