Match Thread

limpid

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is how we shouldve been playing in the past

been saying it for years that the team is able to and it was just mons woeful tactical ability holding us back from being a good footballing team

Its still MON's tactics though, nothing has changed there otherwise the players wouldn't be so comfortable.

Its still cross after cross, nothing through the middle.

West Am are just stupid and let us cross.

They are also playing absolute shite!

Thats not taking away from a great first half performance from the Villa :D

best footballing 45 i've seen us play for as long as i can remember.

its all about one thing - movement. off the ball, there is movement all over the pitch, options, players making runs - the hunger has come back, everyone wants the ball and its brilliant to see.

one swallow and all that but i couldnt be more impressed with kmacs start as manager.

What an thoroughly entertaining first half. We're on effing fire! Really nice to se so many players doing great, like Albrighton, Ash and Downing. Delighted for Stan! If we continue this it WILL come more goals, and, tbh, I think that we will. Both MacDonald and the players seems quite set on making a mark.

On a side note: Isn't there a matchday chat in the official site? Can't find one.

Makes you think what MON has been doing wrong, we'd be camped out on their box pinging 30 crosses per second with MON. Oh and it's good to see Luke Young back, I forgot what it was like to have a right back that can play football.

Albrighton the new Beckham? A bold statement but **** me his crossing is superb.

More like the new Steve Guppy, just superb crossing so far.

Beckham could spray a pass or two as well.

Mark has yet to develop to that :)

Its still MON's tactics though, nothing has changed there otherwise the players wouldn't be so comfortable.

i think we're looking so comfortable coz mon is gone tbh

the players look confident in their ability to pass the ball, previously they were shitting themselves and hoofing it as soon as they got it. no such rubbish here, theyre looking like a group of players who are happy to express themselves and play their game

What a breath of fresh air this has been so far. Players playing without shackles and revelling in it. I'm loving the freedom Ashley has - how he's drifting from the centre, to either wing, creating overlaps past the excellent Albrighton and Downing. McDonald is showing MON a thing or two about taking advantage of players' flexibility here (Petrov getting forward being another example).

I can't remember the last time I saw a team look so dominant.

What an amazing half of football by Villa! Club in crisis i think not!!

Midfield is looking so fluent its very impressive and Stan has shown why he should have a bit more attacking freedom. Only negative is i think Albrington is trying a bit too hard but given its his first PM start i am very impressed.

Also that Harewood bloke has managed 2goals and an assist in a 'relegation bound' Blackpool, maybe we should get him :P.