Eric Lichaj

Rob182

Lichaj is a far better LB than RB from what I've noticed at the national team level. Makes sense since most teams are telling their wide players to cut in.

When I post on here, I normally don't try to make any people mad nor do I try to really start anything with anyone. Although here is where I must take a stand. Lichaj is a good LB/RB. He had ONE not so great game against Man City! All the players looked like shit that game because of the 2 days rest. Plus the way Lichaj man handled Bale was amazing. I was very disappointed when we loaned him but Lichaj proved at Leeds that he is definitely a quality fullback. The leed's coach and fans had such great reviews about him and they said he is a one fine fullback. One great thing about Lichaj is he plays with so much heart. It always seems like Lichaj actually wants to be out there giving it his all. The kid has heart and I honestly think we'd be letting another good defender go if we decide not the use him. I really hope McLeish won't be as big as an idiot as Houllier was. The kid is quality.

I can see why we have renewed his contract, hardly got alot of FB's at the club have we? But seriously, he aint good enough.

I saw quite a bit of Leeds last season and Lichaj looked 'ok'. Nothing more. Im not even comfortable having him as back up. Sounds harsh, and the lad always gives his best when he turns out for us, but he just aint good enough!

Is this the level we are at ?

Wow. :|

agreed, lichaj, hogg and herd shouldn't be at the football club imo

Why not?

they are not of the required standard

I hate to say it but i agree, ive seen nothing from them that show me that they are upto standard of a top half PL outfit.

Hogg could maybe turn out to be a half decent squad player.

edit: just to clarify, i hope that all 3 turn out to prove my view wrong and they they all turn out to be decent PL standard players. I just cant see that happening on what ive seen so far.

I think its hilarious that Lichaj (who can defend) is considered not good enough for us whereas Walker (who can't defend - seen again in U21's this summer) should be being bought from Spurs for £20zillion because he's the next big thing or something

Lichaj and Hogg are definitely worth keeping around for the bench. Not impressive but solid enough if we get an injury and a lot cheaper than buying someone to sit on the bench and paying them more.

I think its hilarious that Lichaj (who can defend) is considered not good enough for us whereas Walker (who can't defend - seen again in U21's this summer) should be being bought from Spurs for £20zillion because he's the next big thing or something

Walker is a much better player than Lichaj (i dont agree he's worth £20m or anywhere near that), i dont see your point Bicks?

Hogg looked solid enough when i saw him and has better technique than say reo coker. With more experience i could see him being PL quality. No idea where in the PL though.

Lichaj seemed solid when he played too. Most people were shocked to hear GH single him out at man city when the whole team was dire that day.

Walker is a much better attacking player but as a RB, I'd rather have Lichaj up against a decent winger - defensively he's a lot more solid and has better positional sense.

Im sorry but Lichaj aint fit to lace Walker boots.

Â