Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting thing that I've always wondered, if the game was nothing more than a data update along with a clean up on the previous years version, would you pay £20 for it?

I'm absolutely certain that I would, without hesitation. I can't play the data updates that are out of date by a year, although some people seem to still play CM01/02 updated which I can't quite understand.

Yup I would pay :-D I think I get bored quickly at this time as I need a decent update and downloading them isn't the same as having SI do one, its not official (does that sound weird!?) anyway, FM11 has now jumped ahead of GT5 as priority and I bought a PS3 with GT5 in mind!!!

Firstly AndyClarke, thats a neat job mate, nice stuff!

Can anyone give me a quick rundown of the new features?

And who (as people say) will be the -10s??? Hopefully Albrighton, haha.

Bannan was on loan at Blackpool and played 15 or so games at a level way above what he has played for Villa. Therefore the Blackpool researcher has seen him a context where he is easier to rate, rather than using topsy turvy reserve level. That said, I could have made further changes if I'd wanted but I'm happy to go with the Blackpool opinion.

one thing i would like included is having the option to design your kits each season, that would be quality. i appreciate that isnt a managers role but still be really good fun

also you could have an option to turn it off if you wanted to

It is things like that which would take time to implement when (as you say) they are outside of the remit of a manager and nothing to do with this type of game. Lots of people seem to want to have this kind of thing in the game as well as building stadiums/shops/training grounds and choosing the price of hot dogs, unfortunately the games which allow you to do this are some way behind FM in a football sense.

I suspect CM may have had a small amount of success if they'd gone down this route.

It is things like that which would take time to implement when (as you say) they are outside of the remit of a manager and nothing to do with this type of game. Lots of people seem to want to have this kind of thing in the game as well as building stadiums/shops/training grounds and choosing the price of hot dogs, unfortunately the games which allow you to do this are some way behind FM in a football sense.

I suspect CM may have had a small amount of success if they'd gone down this route.

I remember a similar game. I think it was called Ultimate Soccer Manager.

It was a nice alternative, but no where near as good a management sim as FM/CM. Combine the two though and it would be unbeatable.

*Bungs opposition*

USM98_screenshot.jpg

Â