Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conference north seems to be a popular league to start with :)

Yeh another one here - Nuneaton 'BORO' Town is always my long-term game. I always seem to have a couple or three seasons with the Villa then switch to the Boro and play for 10+ seasons

In fact, with FM10, because they weren't in the BSN last year I installed Blademan's level 10 mod, renamed Nuneaton Griff (in level 10) as Nuneaton Borough and went through the leagues with them. Was (and still is in fact) a cracking game, but due to the amount of seasons and the size of the database on it, it's prone to crashing now

I watched Redditch the other week against Loughborough Dynamo in the FA Cup, thought they looked a poor side. The big lad up front is utter garbage!

Was it Matt Smith upfront?

He was at my Club earlier in the season before being signed by Redditch. Now at Droylsden on £240 a week!!

Scored like 5 in 5 at Redditch, which well for them is a pretty good record.

No, he left earlier that week, he has a very good reputation around none league football.

The lad up front was about 6ft 4in, big strong black fella. Really was awful, he was always going to win everything in the air but had no subtlety whatsoever and tried to head everything on with as much power as he possibly could, was comical to be honest!

I watched Redditch the other week against Loughborough Dynamo in the FA Cup, thought they looked a poor side. The big lad up front is utter garbage!

Was it Matt Smith upfront?

He was at my Club earlier in the season before being signed by Redditch. Now at Droylsden on £240 a week!!

Scored like 5 in 5 at Redditch, which well for them is a pretty good record.

No, he left earlier that week, he has a very good reputation around none league football.

The lad up front was about 6ft 4in, big strong black fella. Really was awful, he was always going to win everything in the air but had no subtlety whatsoever and tried to head everything on with as much power as he possibly could, was comical to be honest!

Oh! Thought it was weird you were saying he's rubbish when Matt has apparently been one of the best players!

did Josh Quaynor play, left back/left midfield?

Jumping takes into account height, therefore it is not to do with how high a players feet leave the ground, rather how high his head reaches. Gabby's jumping attribute fits in with the guidelines.

No such thing as "a mere 10" funnily enough 10 is the middle of the road.

I assume that you have picked this up by looking at screenshots on one of the fansites who have a press copy. Please note that these may not be representative of the latest version of the database and I won't be answering any questions on them until the demo is released.

Jumping takes into account height, therefore it is not to do with how high a players feet leave the ground, rather how high his head reaches. Gabby's jumping attribute fits in with the guidelines.

No such thing as "a mere 10" funnily enough 10 is the middle of the road.

I assume that you have picked this up by looking at screenshots on one of the fansites who have a press copy. Please note that these may not be representative of the latest version of the database and I won't be answering any questions on them until the demo is released.

Fair enough, but I would of thought that Gabby was slightly above average in that area within the football world and yes I take height as a factor into account. I was picking out 1 attribute I disagreed with out of two players though there may have been more as I didn't look too closely. Overall I would be happy with those attributes if that is what they are.

I have him down as being average in that area, his heading is good but I don't think he has a great spring on him, anyhow we are talking about 1 point between average and slightly above.

Just wanted to get the point across (not picking at you specifically) that those screenshots are appearing on fansites are not necessarily accurate.

I don't know what the disagreements are with player stats are all about, if you disagree you can change them in the editor anyway...

I love doing that :D but I never finish 2 seasons on a manager game.

Yeh another one here - Nuneaton 'BORO' Town is always my long-term game. I always seem to have a couple or three seasons with the Villa then switch to the Boro and play for 10+ seasons

In fact, with FM10, because they weren't in the BSN last year I installed Blademan's level 10 mod, renamed Nuneaton Griff (in level 10) as Nuneaton Borough and went through the leagues with them. Was (and still is in fact) a cracking game, but due to the amount of seasons and the size of the database on it, it's prone to crashing now

Everyone using conference north teams keep us posted when you start, race for the first to get into league two :winkold:

Everyone using conference north teams keep us posted when you start, race for the first to get into league two :winkold:

sounds fun!

League two!??!!??

Champions League winners!

Â