Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep checking the OS...when awaiting the signing of Stephen Ireland which seemed to drag on and on.... there was a picture of Emile everytime I refreshed the page ...this time it's Sidders...

But as soon as I posted about it the article appeared, so here's hoping we can be all put out of our suspenders...

as my Granny would say!

It's a bit late isn't it? If they've left it this late you'd think they might as well wait for first thing tomorrow.

He's had to have a meeting in France and then presumably fly to B'ham or whatever.

Where's TT? ....What's Randy's jet up to today?

It's a bit late isn't it? If they've left it this late you'd think they might as well wait for first thing tomorrow.

He's had to have a meeting in France and then presumably fly to B'ham or whatever.

Where's TT? ....What's Randy's jet up to today?

Longest... meeting... ever. Don't get me wrong, I know these things take time, but all day? I thought it was just supposed to be an official announcement and that Houllier was staying in France tonight, flying first thing in the morning tomorrow to meet the staff and players and then have a press conference. I wonder what's taking so long and putting them off making an official statement, I thought he signed for 3 years hours ago.

good appointment imo....experienced manager who will be able to mop up the mess that quitter o'neill left behind.

As far as his assistants go, thats up to him......after all the guy aint no mug....he knows what the game is all about....K Mac should go back to doing what he does best and thats looking after the reserves where has done a sterling job.

Its always a worry when the players want a coach to step up....familiarity and all that...too much of an easy life...they need someone who can be separate from them and GH can do that.....i am quite optomistic and looking forward to seeing us play football for a change..

Thank **** PT wants nothing to do with us..... At last some good news!
So the fact that we've finally got a manager in who also happens to be half decent isn't good news?

Not really no. He maybe half decent, but not sure about the other half! PT as his number 2 would have been too much to take. All things considered, if GH is the best of a rather bad bunch who were available or interested, then we'll just have to see what happens - but I can't say I'm excited about the appointment.

I understand Everton play Manu this weekend - could the pressure be on Moyes if this result goes against him. Be the ultimate bad timing if Moyes were available in October.

The Toffees wont get rid of him.

Anyway he's hanging out for the Manure job once Sir Chewalot does one.