Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

.....i am quite optomistic and looking forward to seeing us play football for a change..

Did you never watch Liverpool under Houllier? Don't expect too much in the glorious football department. He will get the team to play for results rather than entertainment.

isnt the result the important factor of the game?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a bit late isn't it? If they've left it this late you'd think they might as well wait for first thing tomorrow.

Means papers cover it tomorrow. That way we get two days worth of coerage at least (tomorrow and Sat) probably the Sundays if there's a press conference tomorrow.

.....i am quite optomistic and looking forward to seeing us play football for a change..

Did you never watch Liverpool under Houllier? Don't expect too much in the glorious football department. He will get the team to play for results rather than entertainment.

True but at Lyon they had results such as an 8-1 win on the last day of the season.

It's a bit late isn't it? If they've left it this late you'd think they might as well wait for first thing tomorrow.

Means papers cover it tomorrow. That way we get two days worth of coerage at least (tomorrow and Sat) probably the Sundays if there's a press conference tomorrow.

Ah I suppose that makes sense so that they can put it in the paper first thing in the morning but this hold up is starting to make me worry a little. I hope it's more to do with the FFF and the paperwork etc. rather than there being a player's bust-up :?

True but at Lyon they had results such as an 8-1 win on the last day of the season.

I think Gareth Southgate managed something similar at Middlesbrough too!

True but he won **** all if you want to be pedantic. Was just pointing out that Houlliers Lyon played attractive football, scoring lots of goals. Queue French league comments zzzzzz

Has he ever improved a team though ?

Liverpool were worse - or at the very best equal.

Lyon were waltzing (easily winning) the french league when he arrived - and winning it by a smaller margin when he left.

True his trophy count eclipses that of MON - But MON has improved sides wherever he has been

Liverpool were worse or at the very best equal?

Are you serious? Whatever anyone thinks of the selection of Houllier for Villa to say he didn't improve Liverpool or that he left them in any way equal or worse than when he found them isn't even a debatable point, its just wrong, totally wrong.

I have to agree, Houllier took the Spice Boys joke and rebuilt the club.

7th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd that's the league positions he took the club to in his first 4 seasons. Yes he made a balls of it then in the Summer of 2002 signing Diouf and Diao while Heskey was becoming the modern Heskey.

But there is no doubt he made Liverpool part of the "Big 4" as in 4 of his last 5 seasons they were in the top 4. The one time he came 5th they won the League Cup to save the blushes a bit.

im gonna give him my 100% backing and give him the chance he deserves.

at the end of the day, if he brings even some of the success he had at liverpool eg league cups, fa cup, uefa cup, second place finish etc to this club well then ill be one happy man.

gonna take a while to impose his ideas with the transfer window shut but for all the pessimists, give the man a bit of respect and a fair crack of the whip!!!

utv

True but he won **** all if you want to be pedantic. Was just pointing out that Houlliers Lyon played attractive football, scoring lots of goals. Queue French league comments zzzzzz

I was neither being pedantic nor thinking about criticising the French league - it was just a light-hearted remark. I'm quite in favour of GH's appointment but I wouldn't read too much into a single result.

By the way, being pedantic would be to tell you that you meant 'cue' rather than 'queue'... :winkold:

Has he ever improved a team though ?

Liverpool were worse - or at the very best equal.

Lyon were waltzing (easily winning) the french league when he arrived - and winning it by a smaller margin when he left.

True his trophy count eclipses that of MON - But MON has improved sides wherever he has been -

Liverpool were worse or at the very best equal?

Are you serious? Whatever anyone thinks of the selection of Houllier for Villa to say he didn't improve Liverpool or that he left them in any way equal or worse than when he found them isn't even a debatable point, its just wrong, totally wrong.

I have to agree, Houllier took the Spice Boys joke and rebuilt the club.

7th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd that's the league positions he took the club to in his first 4 seasons. Yes he made a balls of it then in the Summer of 2002 signing Diouf and Diao while Heskey was becoming the modern Heskey.

But there is no doubt he made Liverpool part of the "Big 4" as in 4 of his last 5 seasons they were in the top 4. The one time he came 5th they won the League Cup to save the blushes a bit.

Fair enough - I stand corrected.

Hell be here soon - really hope I am wrong (again !) - and we finish above 6th this season.

Time to get behind him - All the best 'Gezza' !

I was neither being pedantic nor thinking about criticising the French league - it was just a light-hearted remark. I'm quite in favour of GH's appointment but I wouldn't read too much into a single result.

By the way, being pedantic would be to tell you that you meant 'cue' rather than 'queue'... :winkold:

Doh

Ah C'mon, Southgate is what 40? Houllier 63, can people stop with the won stuff crap. Mourinho had won nothing when he took over Porto does that make him a shit manager? No, they earn their stripes and then hopefully get the chance to manage a team with chances of winning something.