Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love if Hamann was involved. A world class defensive midfielder with vast experience who has always come across as very intelligent (if a little dour) when I've seen him doing punditry. I'd say he'd be a huge asset.

They better not be getting my hopes up :angry:

im ok with houlier coming. experienced and should know what hes doing.

he deserves a chance at least.

leonard cohen/ alexandra burke 'halelujah'

gerard houllier

gerard houllier

gerard houllier

gerard hooooooullier

Like it.

Although to mention Alexandra Burke and not Jeff Buckley in reference to that song is just a little bit criminal!

I was thinking the same thing.

many apologies then :)

Personally I prefer the original Leonard Cohen, but thought people would know it more for the x factor crap

One half of the Holte will know the Leonard Cohen version, the other half will know it as 'that song wot Alexandra Burke sang' :) Personally I like the Shrek version by John Cale.

With Houlliers contacts in the game he should be able to pull a few rabbits out the hat in terms of signings. Gotta say i wasnt his biggest fan whilst he was at Liverpool but lets face it we will see more exciting signings coming in than whilst MoN was here and he certainly knows how to use his squad and tactics more than MoN ever did!

The only worry i have is him maybe not being the right man in terms of personality and he might ruffle a few feathers in the camp but apart from that im quite looking forward to what the future might hold actually

I would love if Hamann was involved.

Me too. It might be the one saving grace of this catastrophic affair.

I think Houllier is the saving grace.....Some people on here are mad if they think/thought we could get better than him.

Hes probably better than most of the others that people think are the best. Hes just not bigged up in the media like certain managers who have won next to nothing

Can we claim winnings yet?

My unsettled bets :-

07/09/2005- 08/09/2010 (1 Unsettled SkyBet Bets)Start a new search

Showing 02/09/2010

Date Bet Type Receipt # Stake Selection(s)

02/09/2010 Single O/10516800/0000008 £25.00

1. Next Permanent Aston Villa ManagerHoullier G @ 10/1

Still waiting for winnings :(