Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

I have heard a little whisper that we may be in for Klinsmann after all. Don't shoot the messenger, just passing on what I heard. I'm not one to post 'ITK' BS however have reason to believe this to be accurate. Like I said though, just passing on what I have heard. Would do for me....
Please do elaborate good sir :)

Not loads to say, just info that was mentioned to me from a close friend. It's a bit of a friend of a friend one, so whilst not doubting my friend for one second, it's reliant on others. This 'other' knew about the sponser early and other corporate stuff. Like I siad, let's wait and see. I stick a fiver on just in case, not holding my breath though haha!! like I said, I never have ITK so would be good to get something right.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watching SSN - reporter commented in his interview with Gerrard that Houllier is over for Carragher's testimonial.

Gerrard said he couldn't wait to catch up with him and called him 'exactly the guy villa need in my opinion' - went on to say that Houllier's arrival made Liverpool a really good team and led to them winning trophies.

Gerrard came across as loving the guy and he knows a little bit - said he was a great boss and a good guy.

Let's hope while he's over someone gets an interview.

I have heard a little whisper that we may be in for Klinsmann after all. Don't shoot the messenger, just passing on what I heard. I'm not one to post 'ITK' BS however have reason to believe this to be accurate. Like I said though, just passing on what I have heard. Would do for me....

Are you religious mate? I just wondered if you were a Praying Mantis?

Sorry, I will go hang my head in shame now :oops:

Are you religious mate? I just wondered if you were a Praying Mantis?

Sorry, I will go hang my head in shame now :oops:

Mantis' are insects... :shock:

Woh there are some seriously embarassing posts in the General's thread right now. Thankfully the mods are sharp enough to delete the crap immediately. I wouldn't be surprised if the General says enough is enough and cuts out this particular line of communication between fans and the board.

There are. I think it would be good for the time being for the General to cut this line of communication and come back when all of this crap has died down. Its doing nobody any favours.

I also liked the questions that were being posted before this crap kicked off. There were some genuinly interesting questions and responses.

MattyB - where has this info on Klinsmann come from if you don't mind me asking?

If its Houllier then I am seroiusly worried about the directoin of our club. I know we all like to show a united front when a new boss arrives - But in all honesty, is this absolutley the best that Randy can muster ? - A club with 3 top six finishes, in the toughest league in the world, a massive fan base.

I really hope this isn't true, If Randy this this will stabilise the ship - then I question his judgement. I would fear dressing factions and unrest within weeks, and a downward spiral by the time we hit the transfer window in Jan - and Im not looking forward to houliers transfers - Randy if you are worried about the current debt - ...you ain't seen nothing yet!

If its Houllier then I am seroiusly worried about the directoin of our club. I know we all like to show a united front when a new boss arrives - But in all honesty, is this absolutley the best that Randy can muster ? - A club with 3 top six finishes, in the toughest league in the world, a massive fan base.

I really hope this isn't true, If Randy this this will stabilise the ship - then I question his judgement. I would fear dressing factions and unrest within weeks, and a downward spiral by the time we hit the transfer window in Jan - and Im not looking forward to houliers transfers - Randy if you are worried about the current debt - ...you ain't seen nothing yet!

I see nothing wrong with Houllier myself, everyone is making something out of nothing.

Ok who would you go for Smetrov....If you say someone who is already employed, what if they've been aproached, but they're either loyal enough not to walk out or they've only just joined the club they're at.....So?

Woh there are some seriously embarassing posts in the General's thread right now. Thankfully the mods are sharp enough to delete the crap immediately. I wouldn't be surprised if the General says enough is enough and cuts out this particular line of communication between fans and the board.

There are. I think it would be good for the time being for the General to cut this line of communication and come back when all of this crap has died down. Its doing nobody any favours.

I also liked the questions that were being posted before this crap kicked off. There were some genuinly interesting questions and responses.

MattyB - where has this info on Klinsmann come from if you don't mind me asking?

As I said in my previous post, just info passed on in good faith from a friend. It will either be right or not haha!!

[

I see nothing wrong with Houllier myself, everyone is making something out of nothing.

Nothing wrong with Houllier?

You mean other than his previously questionable health, the fact he is 63, has been out the game for a couple of years and out of the Premier league even longer and despite some success at Liverpool spent a lot of money on some utter utter shite.

He may well be the best or one of the better options available but to say there is nothing wrong with his selection or should I say possible selection is staggering.

Ok who would you go for Smetrov....If you say someone who is already employed, what if they've been aproached, but they're either loyal enough not to walk out or they've only just joined the club they're at.....So?

My concern is is this the best that Randy can get ?

Of course it wouldn't be easy to get Moyes or Jol - but thats where you need a good chairman. To be honest anyone could say, "well I tried for Moyes, Etc - but that didn't fancy it - Heres Houllier'

I fear now we are in for a sucession of 2nd Rate managers.

As I said in my previous post, just info passed on in good faith from a friend. It will either be right or not haha!!

My bad! Cheers!

I think Houllier would be a good appointment - who of those available would you prefer then??

My concern is is this the best that Randy can get ?

Of course it wouldn't be easy to get Moyes or Jol - but thats where you need a good chairman. To be honest anyone could say, "well I tried for Moyes, Etc - but that didn't fancy it - Heres Houllier'

I fear now we are in for a sucession of 2nd Rate managers.

I don't think you're being realistic - Moyes and Jol have committed to their respective clubs. I doesn't matter how good the chairman is (and I beleive that we have a first class chairman) Moyes or Jol are not available.

Who of those available would be better than Houllier? I don't think he's second rate at all. He was good enough for Liverpool and much as I dislike them they are no second rate team, He's managed the French national team and taken Lyons to two successive French titles.

I would prefer Moyes or Jol (or Wenger or Fergie or Jose!!) but they are not available!!! of those who are Houllier is a very good shout

Houllier

[

Nothing wrong with Houllier?

You mean other than his previously questionable health, the fact he is 63, has been out the game for a couple of years and out of the Premier league even longer and despite some success at Liverpool spent a lot of money on some utter utter shite.

He may well be the best or one of the better options available but to say there is nothing wrong with his selection or should I say possible selection is staggering.

Does anyone else think that his appointment would be short term, with a brief to stabilise our position whilst we sort something else out?

Not doubting Randies intentions here, but im not 100% he will be our owner in couple of years time. Dont ask me why, its just a feeling ive had for a few monthes now.

Houllier would be the best available person to do that, aswell as laying the foundations for an improved scouting network.

Im happy with his appointment, his record speaks for itself, but i cant help wondering if their are other outside factors here?

If Houllier and KM can build a good relationship then I can see this being a positive appointment. If they disagree and KM ends up leaving then I fear what Houllier might do to us. We have so much potential with our younger players, I don't want a bunch of 2nd rate froggies moving in but bring along our boys and add some euro talent and we may just might remain up as a top 6 team