Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Anybody upset with GH being next manager dosent seem to have a realistic option they would prefer? So are we now moaning for the sake of moaning? It's quite a shame how much we forget what Randy has done for the club in 4 years. You couldn't even blame him if he sold the club and left when you hear the way some have turned on him. I just really hope it's a small minority.

This is a football forum and everyone has an opinion. If Houllier is named as Manager, everyone will back him.

I guess we could talk about why me garden gnome has gone missing :lol:

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody upset with GH being next manager dosent seem to have a realistic option they would prefer? So are we now moaning for the sake of moaning? It's quite a shame how much we forget what Randy has done for the club in 4 years. You couldn't even blame him if he sold the club and left when you hear the way some have turned on him. I just really hope it's a small minority.

I think its just a heat of the moment thing. when we get an appointment alot of negative feelings will fade i reckon.

you cant blame the fans for wanting success at villa and being frustrated.

at the end of the day - randy wants to get into the champions league to make money. he's running a business at the end of the day. therefore he wants someone who is going to take villa forward.

GH would be a good shout in my opinion. worth giving him a shot!

If its so difficult to find a manager because the timing is so bad then let the caretaker go on, hire a few coaches for him and hire the next manager when the timing isn't oh so terrible anymore. Spurs for example have appointed their last 3 managers in Oct/Nov. Why September is so much worse than Oct/Nov I have no idea though.

If it is Houllier then so be it, I think he could do a very good job in whatever capacity he arrives in. However, I don't think it is a straightforward as this, as it is taking so long, I feel that we are still trying to negotiate the release of a manager from a club, and if this fails to materialise then we appoint Houllier IMO. That's my gut feeling anyway.

All this talk of the General, he was voicing HIS opinions and NOT the CLUBS. So for all we know we could be pursuing an employed manager, and this is the reason for the delay. I think Randy has been covering all his bases' by interviewing unemployed managers in the mean time. I hope :thumb:.

If its so difficult to find a manager because the timing is so bad then let the caretaker go on, hire a few coaches for him and hire the next manager when the timing isn't oh so terrible anymore. Spurs for example have appointed their last 3 managers in Oct/Nov. Why September is so much worse than Oct/Nov I have no idea though.

I agree with you in a sense. On the one side of the coin, there may be better options available come May. But on the other side is the risk. Having a caretaker manager for so long, breeds uncertainty, and players need direction.

If it went pear shaped, then we would be doing longer term damage to the work thats gone on for the last four years.

Makes better sense to get it sorted now, hence why its taking so long.

Yes, one thing is certain, under MON we played very attractive football all the time.

:shock:

:shock: seconded :P

Why the shock? I still can't get over all the cracking play I've seen from Villa in the last couple of seasons. The 1-0 v Hull away the season before last. The 0-1 v Liverpool last season, the 0-3 at Arsenal, the 0-0 at Spurs, both games against Wolves...

Scintillating, spectacular and breathtakingly brilliant from first to last.

What a silly post... how about the Blackburn 6-4 game, the 1-3 at Anfield, the second half away at Reading, the 0-1 at Old Trafford... it's easy to make a point if you ignore the exceptions. Yeah sometimes we ground out dull nil nils, sometimes we didn't create chances...but we aren't Brazil and you shouldn't expect to be wildly entertained every time you go to a game.

If it is Houllier then so be it, I think he could do a very good job in whatever capacity he arrives in. However, I don't think it is a straightforward as this, as it is taking so long, I feel that we are still trying to negotiate the release of a manager from a club, and if this fails to materialise then we appoint Houllier IMO. That's my gut feeling anyway.

All this talk of the General, he was voicing HIS opinions and NOT the CLUBS. So for all we know we could be pursuing an employed manager, and this is the reason for the delay. I think Randy has been covering all his bases' by interviewing unemployed managers in the mean time. I hope :thumb:.

I agree with this. It shouldn't take this long to get Houllier from his peripheral role with the French federation, so I agree we must be working on something else, or else Houllier would have been appointed by now (Thursday, yesterday or today even).

Houllier is plan B imo. No idea who's plan A, although if I were to hazard a guess I'd say Moyes. Think Randy digs him :winkold:

I have heard a little whisper that we may be in for Klinsmann after all. Don't shoot the messenger, just passing on what I heard. I'm not one to post 'ITK' BS however have reason to believe this to be accurate. Like I said though, just passing on what I have heard. Would do for me....

Why would we go after managers that are unemployed, generally they are unemployed for a reason.

Proberly has something to do with us either not wanting or able to afford the compo.

I wil let you decide which :lol:

Houllier will be a good appointment, and Macca is a good coach. We will be fine with them two.

But if Staunton is let anywhere near the first team squad, then you can expect some player unrest, cos he can cause an argument with a mirror. I would even hazard a guess, that Stevie Ireland wont want to stay in the same room with him.

Its a paper talk anyway, so im not going to get myself in a lather about it just yet.

I still think we will be pleasently suprised.

This reference to Ireland not wanting to be around Staunton is rubbish. From what I remember Ireland's apparent problem was among his team mates and them slagging him off about his ridiculous hair implants. Staunton even forgave him after his ·"deceased" Granny was found alive and well and baking scones down in "Cock".

I think Stan showed a lot of patience and tolerance regarding Ireland's very immature carry on. Friction between theses two shouldn't be a problem imo.

I have heard a little whisper that we may be in for Klinsmann after all. Don't shoot the messenger, just passing on what I heard. I'm not one to post 'ITK' BS however have reason to believe this to be accurate. Like I said though, just passing on what I have heard. Would do for me....

I think we've gone full circle now, new day = another name.

I think we've gone full circle now, new day = another name.

Yep I agree, time will tell eh?!

I agree with this. It shouldn't take this long to get Houllier from his peripheral role with the French federation, so I agree we must be working on something else, or else Houllier would have been appointed by now (Thursday, yesterday or today even).

Houllier is plan B imo. No idea who's plan A, although if I were to hazard a guess I'd say Moyes. Think Randy digs him :winkold:

I was thinking Moyes as well. There has been no denial from his end or from Everton after very strong links in the week, and the rumours of him cancelling Everton photo shoots and the like make me think that maybe, just maybe it might be him. Like I said I don't think it is as straightforward as everybody is making out.

Houllier is a great plan B imo. And even if he doesn't get the managers job, maybe he would still like to be involved in the club and help us set-up a scouting network, and help build a dynasty for the future.

A MacDonald Klinsmann combination was always my first choice but Klinsmann just doesn't have the depth of managerial experience that Houllier does and so I doubt it. A 'dream team' of MacDonald, Houllier, Klinsmann however, now that would really be something.

Please do elaborate good sir :)

On a side note, regards Staunton buggering off to the dippers. I remember listening to Ron Toss and Staunton rang him on air saying that he never wanted to leave Villa but Doug had pissed him about regards a new contract. That his agent was trying to get him a new deal but Doug was refusing to pay what he wanted. In the meantime, plop made him an offer which he agreed. Having told Doug that he had agreed to join Liverpool, Doug then made him an offer on MORE money than he had wanted in the first place and more than what Plop had offered but Stan told Doug that he'd made a gentlemans agreement with pool and it would be ungentlemanly conduct to go back on the deal. Then there were leaks of him being a mercenary and always wanting to bugger off which he said was untrue and that he and his family were settled in the area and he never wanted to leave Villa, but he felt that it was unprofessional to go back on his word.

So all in all, him leaving to go back to Liverpool was down to Doug playing silly buggers with him regards a new deal.

Woh there are some seriously embarassing posts in the General's thread right now. Thankfully the mods are sharp enough to delete the crap immediately. I wouldn't be surprised if the General says enough is enough and cuts out this particular line of communication between fans and the board.

I think that we have to accept whoever Randy brings in and make sure that we all give our full backing and support before judging. After all, this is Randy's first managerial appointment and he should be given a fair chance IMO.

On a side note, regards Staunton buggering off to the dippers. I remember listening to Ron Toss and Staunton rang him on air saying that he never wanted to leave Villa but Doug had pissed him about regards a new contract. That his agent was trying to get him a new deal but Doug was refusing to pay what he wanted. In the meantime, plop made him an offer which he agreed. Having told Doug that he had agreed to join Liverpool, Doug then made him an offer on MORE money than he had wanted in the first place and more than what Plop had offered but Stan told Doug that he'd made a gentlemans agreement with pool and it would be ungentlemanly conduct to go back on the deal. Then there were leaks of him being a mercenary and always wanting to bugger off which he said was untrue and that he and his family were settled in the area and he never wanted to leave Villa, but he felt that it was unprofessional to go back on his word.

So all in all, him leaving to go back to Liverpool was down to Doug playing silly buggers with him regards a new deal.

I wish he was still playing. Forget about our views on his coaching, but he was a danmed good player 8)

I'd win £300 if that happened, so would be happy.

Woh there are some seriously embarassing posts in the General's thread right now. Thankfully the mods are sharp enough to delete the crap immediately. I wouldn't be surprised if the General says enough is enough and cuts out this particular line of communication between fans and the board.

Im sure the General has heared worse. He can handle that shit blindfolded. Hes an ex Rubberneck afterall (Marine before i get accused of being rude :lol: )

Marines dont throw in the towell because someone does not agree with you. They tend to stand their ground.

Fair play to him 8)