Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

If we appoint Macdonald then I await Randy requesting a refudn from the "top firm of headhunters" he has appointed as I would say that Macdonald struggles to match any of the criteria on the table, apart from being cheap and malliable

Do we know for definite a 'top firm of headhunters' has been employed to find a manager?

According to Gaztonvilla and the thread on the front page we do Jez yes

Woah woah woah, don't do that :) I was surmising and saying what I believed would happen, I never claimed it to be gospel.

When it comes to Jez vs Richard, I'm Switzerland :)

Ah so its just hearsay that we are using headhunters?

Thought so.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems a bit open to abuse doesn't it?

That is why the bookies react so quickly to runs of bets for the same man (just in case a group of people are ITK) and why they would not accept a large bet from one man and more so if he was making the decision Bromsgrove.

With all this betting going on whats stopping Randy from choosing somebody then putting 10 million quid on him before announcing it?

Seems a bit open to abuse doesn't it?

haha - he should give it to Paul Ince then 'cos he's 1000/1 (although I reckon he could get 10,000/1 for Bruce Forsyth)

Ah so its just hearsay that we are using headhunters?

Thought so.

Woah woah woah, the process being recruiting a manager and the reasons why it was taking the time it was (ie appointing a headhunter) was the main crux behind the post on the front page which everyone seemed to agree with and say was an excellent post. Are we now saying that that is not the case?

As to me and Jez, we have an understanding, if you like , that at least we can be civil even though we do not agree and are unlikely to change each others mind

Somehow I don't buy into this theory that MON deliberately wanted to harm the club. He put in 4 years of very good service. By that same token, I'm not in the anti-Lerner camp either. I have huge respect for both Randy Lerner and Martin O'Neill and I'm not willing to chose sides.

I'm not sure that sort of stance is allowed on this site, Mantis. Pick your side and prepare to battle! :winkold:

(FWIW, I completely agreee.)

The headhunters are Trezona apparently.

Is that confirmed?

If true, I'm impressed. Guy Trezona has a very good reputation and was, I think, involved in the FXPro deal.

www.trezona.com

according to villa_insider on twitter they are, it seems that this person is quite connected to AVFC

#AVFC Nice Guy from Trezona just left the office.

11:39 AM Aug 30th via Echofon

That's who people think is doing the headhunting Jez....That Villa_insider seems to work in the office at VP.

That's who people think is doing the headhunting Jez....That Villa_insider seems to work in the office at VP.

Villa_insider could also be Postman Pat tweeting from his van.

So we really have no idea if this company is being used or not...

So are people accusing O'Neill of leaving purposely at a time that would hurt this club now?

Whether or not it was deliberate the result is the same. I'm guessing that from what we know about Mon's character he will be deriving a certain amount of satisfaction from the fact that Villa may struggle for a while due to the timing of his resignation.

What is it you know about O'Neill that leads you to believe he would be deriving pleasure from our current predicament?

I've followed Mon's career for almost 40 years, and I've got a lot of time for him as a unique personality. In answer to your question the facts are: He is an Olympic champion at holding a grudge and he has a considerable ego. If he wished us well then it would be through clenched teeth and with his fingers crossed behind his back.

It is my belief that Lerner has engaged the services of an executive search consultant to assist in finding a new manager. This is hardly a ground-breaking practice, but it does not involve Lerner, Faulkner or Krulak running through the LMA website and searching for the mobile numbers of several managers. The consultant does the initial running. Let’s call him the headhunter.

That's what I said. I didn't claim any insider knowledge on this. I stated this is my belief, and I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility given the seniority of the role and, given the delay in making an appointment, the wording of Paul Faulkner's statement, that's the conclusion I came to.

Why don't he just put £10 million on the person who's got the longest odds. Give the manager a 1 day contract, give him 20% of the money....easy...100% allowed too.

Very few bookmakers will take large bets. When I say large bets Fearless Freddie Williams would lay six figure bets at Cheltenham . If you asked Ladbrokes for £5,000 on say Martin Jol at 12/1 they would probably knock you back.

MON was on a rolling 12month contract only, so I'm assuming he had the opportunity to walk away when it was due for renewal

which would have been about the time he did also.

We've done this one Julie.

A rolling contract is never renewed, it just rolls.

If we appoint Macdonald then I await Randy requesting a refudn from the "top firm of headhunters" he has appointed as I would say that Macdonald struggles to match any of the criteria on the table, apart from being cheap and malliable

So you know the full list of criteria being used by the board to select a new manager do you? Please share it with us all as no one else seems to have this information in the public domain.

Plus i surmise you are assuming he would be cheap, cheaper than who exactly, and "malliable", i presume you mean malleable and by that, that he shares the same vision as the board as to the way to take the club forward?

I dont think Randys justification for a refund would be that he doesnt fit the criteria. It would probably be the fact that he already works for him.

So you know the full list of criteria being used by the board to select a new manager do you? Please share it with us all as no one else seems to have this information in the public domain.

Plus i surmise you are assuming he would be cheap, cheaper than who exactly, and "malliable", i presume you mean malleable and by that, that he shares the same vision as the board as to the way to take the club forward?

Paul Faulkners statement said that Premier League experience was desirable and I presume KM's three games dont really count.

I would like to think the new manager will be installed in time for the International players returning from European Cup qualifiers.

That'll give 5 days (as we're playing on monday night) to bed in and get to know each other.

So, a week today!