Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KM won't be a part of this club come the end of May.

The mosdt successful reserve team coach we have probably ever had, that took a job at no notice to try and help the club?

I think you will be disappointed

I think if he does as a poor job as I think he will do when appointed manager, he'll leave on his own choosing.

Similar to how Les Reid took over Charlton after being there for a long time in various roles, and then when left had to leave the club completely.

I think we'll both be disappointed - with our league placing.

If we don't have it for players, we won't have it for a manager

It has NEVER bee nsaid there is no money for players!

It was said that MON needed to get rid of players he didn't play that cost a lot of money in transfers and wages.

Some people just don't see it do they?

Oh, I agree completely.

I didn't see many of these players leaving over the summer? I can't imagine Nicky Shorey leaving has lightened the load? Unless Heskey, Sidwell and Davies have indeed been flogged in which case I'll provide the champagne.

I wonder about Moyes.. My head says no chance he'd come. Then I think about him having been there 7 years and, while always being mentioned as Fergie's succcessor in waiting, never really getting anywhere. There's a good chance he thinks he's done as much as he can with Everton, I'm sure in his quiet moments alone he wonders if he could do better elsewhere.

And arguably he'd becoming to a club with a better infrastructure, academy ground, training facilities etc Plus a wealthier owner... and most importantly (cos let's face it these days) it's all about a bigger salary. Course this all could be smoke & mirrors for a massive pay rise but from what I was told as of yesterday it was looking likely.

The venom will fly if he comes to Villa though from the Blue side of Merseyside.. It will be all out war and I'm not sure I'd want that if I'm honest because we've always had a decent affinity with their fans. We can hate Liverpool & Man Utd but somehow Everton have always been in a similar position to us.

Why do some people have an axe to grind against Randy Lerner? How is this his fault?

Nobody knows for sure whos fault it is, and i dont think we will know for a long time, unless Martin himself comes out with something.

Point is though, this mess has happened on his shift so to speak, so who else can we blame. :winkold:

Nobody knows for sure whos fault it is, and i dont think we will know for a long time, unless Martin himself comes out with something.

No but we get an inkling from who sticks around to clean up the mess and what happens next!

No but we get an inkling from who sticks around to clean up the mess and what happens next!

Very true Jules!

I bet somebody somewhere, is already basing a novel on all this :winkold:

If we don't have it for players, we won't have it for a manager

It has NEVER bee nsaid there is no money for players!

It was said that MON needed to get rid of players he didn't play that cost a lot of money in transfers and wages.

Some people just don't see it do they?

Oh, I agree completely.

I didn't see many of these players leaving over the summer? I can't imagine Nicky Shorey leaving has lightened the load? Unless Heskey, Sidwell and Davies have indeed been flogged in which case I'll provide the champagne.

Maybe the new manager will play them and lessen the need to offload on the cheap?

We nearly lost Luke Young now that would have been wrong wouldn't it?

Randy was aware of the 25 man rule and wanted to make sure we didn't have players AGAIN that were being paid and not played...simples!

I thought a reason MON had nothing to spend was because our wage bill was too high compared to revenue taken in.

Surely if we sell some of the average players and replace them we will have the same problem or are we expecting better players for cheaper wages?

Maybe the new manager will play them and lessen the need to offload on the cheap?

I don't really fancy having a manager who wants to play Davies, Sidwell or Heskey. I can't see that being a successful team. And if Kevin did, then there would be others like Carew, Petrov/NRC, Cuellar not playing on high wages that weren't playing and need moving on.

We nearly lost Luke Young now that would have been wrong wouldn't it?

Yep. As I said at the time.

Randy was aware of the 25 man rule and wanted to make sure we didn't have players AGAIN that were being paid and not played...simples!

Well he'll be disappointed that Davies had to be included in our squad of 22!

One thing that puzzles me is why Robertson and Walford were straight out the door with MON. Yes I understand that they are a team and they follow him wherever he goes - but at the moment he has gone nowhere! So Walford and Robertson are now unemployed because MON decided he had had enough - strange. If my boss quit his job and expected me to quit with him even though there was no other job to go to I'd tell him to do one!

The fact that those two did not even stick around to assist the club with the transistion to a new manager suggests that either there was considerable acrimony between MON and Randy & that they left in support of MON, or that Randy wanted a quick break and asked them to move on.

Either way I think Robertson especially is a big loss for us.

If KMc gets the job he still has to bring in coaching staff and replace his position which will take some doing, We need an experienced Manager to bring with him some coaching staff to enable Kevin & Tony McAndrew to continue doing the fantastic jobs they do with the Younger players coming through the ranks.

One thing that puzzles me is why Robertson and Walford were straight out the door with MON. Yes I understand that they are a team and they follow him wherever he goes - but at the moment he has gone nowhere! So Walford and Robertson are now unemployed because MON decided he had had enough - strange. If my boss quit his job and expected me to quit with him even though there was no other job to go to I'd tell him to do one!

The fact that those two did not even stick around to assist the club with the transistion to a new manager suggests that either there was considerable acrimony between MON and Randy & that they left in support of MON, or that Randy wanted a quick break and asked them to move on.

Loyalty and all that to MON. They will follow him to his next job. They have always been straight out the door after he left, for whatever reason.

They are loyal, they simply don't work without MON.

How about this one for a theory, Moyes to us & O'Neill goes to Everton who will also get compensation plus Mon & his staff! just a thought
So Everton get our management team and our transfer kitty?