Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Well the fact he went on a pre-season tour and spent time away from his family and working constantly throughout pre-season, I'd suggest he left because of footballing reasons. I'm not saying it's the board's fault. They just saw things differently. Don't think at all, O'Neill's intention was to leave us at that time, and as choffer said, then spend time helping out the new caretaker manager.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people wet their knickers when they look at the odds? the bookies aint got a clue

Ever meet a poor bookie? Didn't think so

Thats because they change the odds depending on how much money is being lumped...to make sure they never lose.

Money that is lumped nearly always on nothing but rumour...and people taking a notice of the odds being changed.

It's rare that money is lumped because someone actually knows something.

So are people accusing O'Neill of leaving purposely at a time that would hurt this club now?

I very much doubt that he chose to leave with the intention of causing the maximum hurt possible to the club. Having said that the timing of his departure couldn't have been worse had he tried.

As for who gets the job - I would prefer someone more experienced than Kmac but if he does get the job I hope he is given a chance. Based on some of the things I've read the boo boys are already geared up to get on his case. Even if we get a Jol or Moyes there's no guarantee that they will be successful but they would be given time and so it shouldn't be any different for kmac.

Had MON timed it better then from what I'm hearing Mark Hughes would have been in situ

well that's one thing we CAN thank MON for then ...

MON applied for the Liverpool job weeks before he walked out on Villa ( liverpool turned him down by all accounts) , I'm sure Villa would have been aware of this .. so they could have spoken to Hughes and just said watch this space ?

So are people accusing O'Neill of leaving purposely at a time that would hurt this club now?

His timing wasn't really ideal.

On the new manager thing.....

I think if Lerner can't get the man they want this season they will either let Kevin take over until we have a better chance of getting him or they might even appoint someone else who is currently out of work on a season contract....Latter maybe unlikely, but I thought I would add it anyway.

Some want Kevin to have the job, others don't for different kinds of reasons. For some him not being a prem manager is why, others don't want him to be the manager simply because he could have been appointed weeks ago and he could have bought players in....Appointing him now would piss them people off.

People like myself, I don't want him to become the manager simply because if don't do as good as we expect a prem manager to do then people will turn against him....That would mess up all he has done for this club and I wouldn't want leaving us because of it.

The players like him, but I don't think that's a good enough reason....I'm sure the players would like me if they met me, if I slipped them a tenner that is.

If we appoint Macdonald then I await Randy requesting a refudn from the "top firm of headhunters" he has appointed as I would say that Macdonald struggles to match any of the criteria on the table, apart from being cheap and malliable

Had MON timed it better then from what I'm hearing Mark Hughes would have been in situ

well that's one thing we CAN thank MON for then ...

MON applied for the Liverpool job weeks before he walked out on Villa ( liverpool turned him down by all accounts) , I'm sure Villa would have been aware of this .. so they could have spoken to Hughes and just said watch this space ?

How do you know that?

I very much doubt that he chose to leave with the intention of causing the maximum hurt possible to the club.

I don't think MON would have timed his leaving to that extent at all. However walking out on us 5 days before the start of a new

season was not a nice thing to do to the club at all. Maybe hot headiness came into it a bit also and on reflection he wouldn't have

done it... Nevertheless the club have been left to pick up the pieces and carry on.

MON was on a rolling 12month contract only, so I'm assuming he had the opportunity to walk away when it was due for renewal

which would have been about the time he did also.

Whether or not it was deliberate the result is the same. I'm guessing that from what we know about Mon's character he will be deriving a certain amount of satisfaction from the fact that Villa may struggle for a while due to the timing of his resignation.

What is it you know about O'Neill that leads you to believe he would be deriving pleasure from our current predicament?

If we appoint Macdonald then I await Randy requesting a refudn from the "top firm of headhunters" he has appointed as I would say that Macdonald struggles to match any of the criteria on the table, apart from being cheap and malliable

Do we know for definite a 'top firm of headhunters' has been employed to find a manager?

Why do people wet their knickers when they look at the odds? the bookies aint got a clue

Moyes was favourite a couple of days ago and Bradley was a couple of weeks ago. It doesn't mean anything...

No - KMac has been favourite all along. He'd been evens of worse for days but suddenly fell to odds on - I just wondered if some information had lead to that as more and more people are putting money on him - I hope that this is just fuelled by rumour and media and not by ITK.

I'm not wetting my knickers over it but thought it was interesting as we are discussing who will be next vila manager

Whether or not it was deliberate the result is the same. I'm guessing that from what we know about Mon's character he will be deriving a certain amount of satisfaction from the fact that Villa may struggle for a while due to the timing of his resignation.

What is it you know about O'Neill that leads you to believe he would be deriving pleasure from our current predicament?

Probably what he has been told by the board

Do we know for definite a 'top firm of headhunters' has been employed to find a manager?

Some people seem to think so. I'm not sure if they know so though.

According to Gaztonvilla and the thread on the front page we do Jez yes

Moyes was favourite a couple of days ago and Bradley was a couple of weeks ago. It doesn't mean anything...

No - KMac has been favourite all along. He'd been evens of worse for days but suddenly fell to odds on - I just wondered if some information had lead to that as more and more people are putting money on him - I hope that this is just fuelled by rumour and media and not by ITK.

I'm not wetting my knickers over it but thought it was interesting as we are discussing who will be next Villa manager

Corrected it for you.

Somehow I don't buy into this theory that MON deliberately wanted to harm the club. He put in 4 years of very good service. By that same token, I'm not in the anti-Lerner camp either. I have huge respect for both Randy Lerner and Martin O'Neill and I'm not willing to chose sides.

According to Gaztonvilla and the thread on the front page we do Jez yes

Woah woah woah, don't do that :) I was surmising and saying what I believed would happen, I never claimed it to be gospel.

When it comes to Jez vs Richard, I'm Switzerland :)