Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So,

According to the news report on SSN that I have just watched, Randy Lerner only has 1 target in mind for the Villa job and that is KM.....

So WTF has he (Lerner) been doing for the last 14 days?

I am hoping that I didn't hear the report incorrectly,

But I am sure KM was chatting away and said words to the effect that a manager would be in place by the end of the International break..

Which funnily enough, is after the transfer window closes too...

Aston Villa caretaker manager Kevin MacDonald has admitted that managing the club on a permanent basis would be a 'great opportunity' for him.

MacDonald is currently overseeing the Midlands side following the departure of ex-boss Martin O'Neill.

The Scot appeared to emerge as favourite of the job after helping Villa to an impressive 3-0 win over West Ham on the opening day of the season.

But last Sunday's shock 6-0 loss at Newcastle has led to uncertainty, while USA head coach Bob Bradley has since confirmed his interest in the position.

MacDonald intends to think long and hard over role, explaining: "It's got to be thought out very, very closely.

"It would be a great opportunity for me, but it would be a great opportunity for anybody who could take over this job because it is a big club."

MacDonald added that he does not think the 6-0 defeat at St James' Park harmed his chances, but he understands why some would disagree with him.

"I think people on the outside would probably look at it that way," he said.

"But from my own point of view it hasn't changed my stance towards what I was trying to do.

"Whether it's damaged my opportunity, I've not thought of it as that yet."

http://tinyurl.com/36xdjef

Its..... Its...... I can reveal the next manager of Aston Villa, I am ITK (Honest! I swear on my pet goldfish Karl Hungus).....

........ It's Carlton Palmer......

I'd prefer your pet gold fish Karl Hungus, he should do well living in the Villa Park fishbowl.

The clocks ticking ginger bonce so you have till midnight tomorrow or Hungus is history!

stop being obsessed about targets. The key thing is the manager. If it can be done in the next week, soon after the Everton game, if not before, the manager then has two weeks to prepare the squad and bed in before the next match. If he can come in before and get a player then, great, if not, so be it. It's not the be all and end all of our season if we don't bring in additions.

The moment Martin O'neill resigned, our seasons plans were put into chaos. Whoever comes in is going to have barely any time to properly research a players suitability for our side anyhow. It took a year for Petrov to settle.

Blaming the board if we aren't able to bring in players this window is short-sighted and presuming it's because of a cost saving conspiracy is unfounded. We may well need to run the ship a little tighter, indeed, being sustainable in itself does not equal as bad as ellis.

I'd say 4 years of investment and backing is a pretty solid start that no-one can dispute. Unfortunately there aren't trillionaires for every club. We thought we hit the jackpot and then the arabs and city came in and trumped us. It's a bit of a shitter. We still have very good owners ( IMO) and until they show evident displays of incompetence, speculation tarnishing their name is grossly unfair. We're ( generally, current lack of manager aside ) better off than 70% of the league. It's frustrating that getting further seems near impossible without an insane leap of funds, but it's not impossible ( IMO ). In theory we should be able to build a team over years that can achieve, although the spanner in the works is the likes of Milner leaving despite two excellent years. We may eventually need to seek further investment, or target the league itself and try and force some 'pro competition rules' in place, who knows. But until we do end up failing badly, let's tone down the despair.

The ITK stuff from Ginger all leads back to Kevin Mack. He's managed at international level, albeit as an assistant. No doubts he'll have spoken to Randy by now about transfer targets, one of which may have played for him with Ireland, Robbie Keane? I'll believe it when I see it.

I'd still like a top class name and not someone without knowledge of the wider footballing world.

The ITK stuff from Ginger all leads back to Kevin Mack. He's managed at international level, albeit as an assistant. No doubts he'll have spoken to Randy by now about transfer targets, one of which may have played for him with Ireland, Robbie Keane? I'll believe it when I see it.

I'd still like a top class name and not someone without knowledge of the wider footballing world.

Why doesn't he just say that it's Kevin MacDonald?

Why doesn't he just say that it's Kevin MacDonald?

Because he'd be, er, liable :lol:

I think Randy is holding out for Jol, and that could explain why it is taking so long. Perhaps Ajax's result tonight could have a bearing on that, who knows... I just can't wait for this to be resolved so we know where we stand and can set our hopes for the season, and we know what to expect.