Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone wee Randy shake Moyes's hand? They were both in suits and I made comment about Randy giving him an interview there and then.
)

Yip I saw this & wondered whether it was a "see ya next year David" kinda wink & a handshake!

Went to bed last night feeling so hopeful it was Klinsmann. Wanting what I think would be breath of fresh air at the helm. Woke up and watched a hell of a committed effort from Villa today with my heart swelling with pride at how hard they fought and how deep they dug for that win. Now reading the narrow criteria of who'll be considered for the job has me concrned again.

Jol would be fantastic but Villa sound as if they are "interviewing" the next manager. I can't see how Jol will be interviewed. I can see him straight out being offered the appointment but interviewed when he's in the mist of his season under contract with a team in the CL? Can't picture how that works.

I'm sure the club aren't incapable of holding a video conferencing call on tinternet!

It would seem that they've understood the need for guidance and advice on the matter. I'm glad about that. The bit about Premier League experience can be open to question though?

This is exactly what I don't understand and put to the General. Some of the best managers in the PL over the years had no experience of managing in the PL prior to their successful managerial roles.

I hope we are considering people that haven't managed in the PL, although I hope Bradley won't be one of them...

Just clutching at straws here, but maybe the reason for Everton's rather slow start to the season (again!), is due to Moyes being out of focus, because he is seriously thinking of abandoning ship.

In all fairness it could still be someone like Klinsmann. Premier League experience isn't something which is necessary for the job.

"Two of the traits we believe are of crucial importance are that candidates have experience of managing in the Premier League and a strategy for building on the existing strengths in our current squad"

It is if you take the above sentance from the statement as accurate.

i think the 'prem league experience' thing is more just a veiled way of saying thanks but no thanks to kmac.

i will be very surprised to he honest if we do appoint someone has never managed in the prem before because although there have been some truly great managers come straight in and been fantastic (wenger, mourinho etc) we arent in a position to get someone of that caliber and neither are we in a position to really take a big gamble on someone. i know its a bit of an uninspiring thought, but i really think that it will be someone probably decent, but also more than likely someone "safe".

In all fairness it could still be someone like Klinsmann. Premier League experience isn't something which is necessary for the job.

"Two of the traits we believe are of crucial importance are that candidates have experience of managing in the Premier League and a strategy for building on the existing strengths in our current squad"

Above all I think the club are looking for the right man. If they find that right man in a foreign manager I don't see any reason why he wont be appointed.

i think the 'prem league experience' thing is more just a veiled way of saying thanks but no thanks to kmac.

i will be very surprised to he honest if we do appoint someone has never managed in the prem before because although there have been some truly great managers come straight in and been fantastic (wenger, mourinho etc) we arent in a position to get someone of that caliber and neither are we in a position to really take a big gamble on someone. i know its a bit of an uninspiring thought, but i really think that it will be someone probably decent, but also more than likely someone "safe".

"Safe" equates to boring in my eyes, a 'Curbishly' if you like. Will never win anything, but will never get relagated either, Brilliant were going to be Everton.

Give me a bit of a rollercoaster anyday. Bring on Maradonna haha!!

Above all I think the club are looking for the right man. If they find that right man in a foreign manager I don't see any reason why he wont be appointed.

As long as said man has "experience of managing in the Premier League" it wont matter where there from they will be considered. If not they wont be, simples!!

As long as said man has "experience of managing in the Premier League" it wont matter where there from they will be considered. If not they wont be, simples!!

The statement didn't say that. The General didn't say that either.