Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Scolari, it'll be good football!

It would either be good football, or average players trying to play good football, in other words, alot of misplaced passes and cries of "Why, oh why oh why, just fecking hoof it!" from us lovely Villa fans....

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just posted this over on the Mac thread....

How would we feel if they appointed Mac in the morning, and he signed 2 quality players that we needed, or we bided our time for a week and employed a top candidate but obviously couldn't sign anybody until January? I would be inclined to wait for the right man and January.

Figured it may get more discussion in here.

As long as we get someone who plays attacking football and not anti-ball then I'll be fine with that. Add using the subs and clearing out some of the wage bill then I'll be delighted :)

....oh, and winning the league whilst uniting the world in harmony and peace?

;)

Scolari, it'll be good football!

It would either be good football, or average players trying to play good football, in other words, alot of misplaced passes and cries of "Why, oh why oh why, just fecking hoof it!" from us lovely Villa fans....

if we're not going to win anything in the immediate future id much rather see the club foster a new approach of playing top quality football (or at least trying initially) from the kids up to the first team. that'd leave us in better stead moving forward into the mid term imo

or we could keep going with the ugly stuff, still winning nothing, and not really setting us up for the future

From the list of 160 past and present managers of the Premier League I have complied a list of the likely of usual suspects. The ones in bold are the ones who I feel are more likely to get it.

Alan Curbishley

Alex McCleish

Avram Grant

Dave Jones

David Moyes

Gareth Southgate

Gerard Hollier

Gianfranco Zola

Glenn Hoddle

Guus Hiddink

Ian Dowie

Ian Holloway

Kevin Keegan

Martin Jol

Mick McCarthy

Owen Coyle

Phil Brown

Roy Keane

Ruud Gullit

Steve Bruce

Steve McClaren

Stuart Pearce

Sven Eriksson

Tony Mowbry

Tony Pulis

The list can be found here http://tiny.cc/uk0ag

I still don't think Kev should get the job. Villa today were back to Martin O'Neills style, digging in, tenacity, heroic defending.

I think for a permanent manager I want someone experienced, and if they aren't who we want long term then give them a contract until may.

I think the board are after either; Jol, McClaren or Hughes.

2 of those 3 have just joined new clubs this summer. Highly unlikely.

I didn't say they were going to join, I just think those are the three on the list. I'm not sure we will get any of the three...

I think the board have made the search a little more difficult with their statement, what about a top quality continental manager like Pelligrini, not even considered under the criteria. Should we not cast our net wider?