Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

To be fair I think we could've counted on Bradley being ruled out for quite some time now. By the looks of it we could've got him here pretty quickly if we wanted to.

agreed.

i think if you are basing it on what the club have said then the criteria are:

prem experience,

and a willingness to continue taking the club in its current direction - and that means with a certain level of financial constraint and a priority on bringing players through from the academy.

it can only be moyes...

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd think they'll go for the safer option, Curbishley or Southgate are good bets now!
If I were a betting man I wouldn't put my money on either of those two. It's the same as the Bradley situation - if the board wanted to they would've installed either of those people as manager already by now.

I thought I saw Ronald Koeman mulling around the Directors seating area earlier, weren't 100% sure, and tried to take a picture, but it's crap quality....... Going by the statement it seems highly unlikely now, however, if it where him, I would say it would have something to do with him whoring himself out for the job at every opportunity, rather than him being a favourite... - Again though, I'm not 100% sure it was him, so don't take this as gospel that he was there!

I think it would of been picked up upon already personally if true.

Yeah, that was my thinking too, as I say the chances are it was probably a bloke who looked a little bit like him.....

It's Curbishley, god help us, a cockney tosser, watch Young leave!

I wouldn't be totally dissappointed if it was, although I have a feeling if it ain't going to be Klinsmann in some capacity then it may well turn out to be a surprise we're not really expecting like Mark Hughes, Martin Jol or even David Moyes!

But then again I won't be too against KM. He said on Sky interview they've worked on defence alot this week in training & it was nice to see the things that they've practiced put into action on the pitch today. He said he was impressed they'd listened & done this.

To be fair I think we could've counted on Bradley being ruled out for quite some time now. By the looks of it we could've got him here pretty quickly if we wanted to.

agreed.

prem experience,

and a willingness to continue taking the club in its current direction - and that means with a certain level of financial constraint and a priority on bringing players through from the academy.

it can only be moyes...

Randy and Moyes shared a very warm handshake in the players area prior to the match, caught on camera. Not suggesting this has bog all to do with anything mind haha!!

Stratgey for building on the strengths sounds like someone for the long haul and Sven isn't really noted for that and Houllier is too old surely. It will be someone younger who has innovative ideas. We'll see in the next two weeks I suppose.

Very true. It also sounds like some one not already employeed as a club manager, imo.

If a person is already employeed as a manager their sole focus is their own team. Thinking about how to plan for another team seems out of range for someone already doing that planning for their own side. Take Hughes for instances, can he really discuss Villa personnel and the future of Villa when he's in a learning curve regarding his own personnel at Fulham?

Frankly, The club statement has left me with more questions rather than offering any type of answer. Good news is, seems that it will all be decided in a week or two. Well at least for this season.

agreed.

prem experience,

it can only be moyes...

Randy and Moyes shared a very warm handshake in the players area prior to the match, caught on camera. Not suggesting this has bog all to do with anything mind haha!!

you may as well suggest it - if you dont the mirror or sun will in the morning!!!

Still thinking of names like Gerard Houllier, Claudio Ranieri, Phil "The Suntan" Brown (okay maybe not him), erm, then can't think of anymore except the usual suspects!! Jurgen Klinnsman has premier league experience, albeit in a playing rather than coaching role, maybe that will help....

Do you think if Shteve McClaren came here he would put on a comedy brummie accent?

Stratgey for building on the strengths sounds like someone for the long haul and Sven isn't really noted for that and Houllier is too old surely. It will be someone younger who has innovative ideas. We'll see in the next two weeks I suppose.

Very true. It also sounds like some one not already employeed as a club manager, imo.

If a person is already employeed as a manager their sole focus is their own team. Thinking about how to plan for another team seems out of range for someone already doing that planning for their own side. Take Hughes for instances, can he really discuss Villa personnel and the future of Villa when he's in a learning curve regarding his own personnel at Fulham?

Frankly, The club statement has left me with more questions rather than offering any type of answer. Good news is, seems that it will all be decided in a week or two. Well at least for this season.

it sounds like you are trying to work out who the mystery man is that the club have chosen - whereas in actual fact the club dont have anyone concrete in mind yet and are just reassuring the fans that they are looking for someone and not sat on their @rses doing nothing.

It will be an interesting week or 10 days or so IMO. Basically we still have no real idea who it will be, and that is fair enough as the board don't want to put all their eggs in one basket. Would really like Ranieri to be honest, this international break is ideal as currently employed managers will be easier to meet and talk to, and interview for the job. I have a feeling we might be pleasantly suprised by the appointment, and RL and PF will get the right man for Villa.

it sounds like you are trying to work out who the mystery man is that the club have chosen - whereas in actual fact the club dont have anyone concrete in mind yet and are just reassuring the fans that they are looking for someone and not sat on their @rses doing nothing.

No. I don't presume the board has any one person in mind. And no, I don't presume that the board has been sitting on their butts navel gazing. They put out a statement. I assume they were careful in the language and wording they used in the statement and I am reacting to the language and wording of their statement.