Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we can rule Bradley, Koeman and Kilnsmann out then. That leaves Houllier, Sven, or an ambitious Jol maybe. Ohh i'm excited now, I would imagine SSN and other media will pick up on who is being interviewed this week and we will learn a little more.

Does kind of hint that it won't be KM either actually... Although i guess that is down to him deciding on whether or not to throw his hat into the ring which he evidently has not as yet.

Will say though that i hope whoever gets the job makes a signing or 2 & also that they sort out the incredible "not able to hold onto the ballitis" infection which our players seem to have. I find it incredible that everytime i watch Villa they always come up with new levels & tricks on "how to give the ball back to the opposition as quickly & daftly as possible!!"

I'm not ruling out anybody at the moment. There are some candidates who are more likely than others but really it could be anyone. My money would probably go on Jol or Sven though.

As for the transfers - getting an actual manager in (and the right one) is far more important.

They're going about it the right way, imo.

Steady the ship, look at all available candidates, figure out what you want, keep the fans in the loop, look for premier league experience, appoint someone.

The only problem is the lack of qualified candidates.

Went to bed last night feeling so hopeful it was Klinsmann. Wanting what I think would be breath of fresh air at the helm. Woke up and watched a hell of a committed effort from Villa today with my heart swelling with pride at how hard they fought and how deep they dug for that win. Now reading the narrow criteria of who'll be considered for the job has me concrned again.

Jol would be fantastic but Villa sound as if they are "interviewing" the next manager. I can't see how Jol will be interviewed. I can see him straight out being offered the appointment but interviewed when he's in the mist of his season under contract with a team in the CL? Can't picture how that works.

Did anyone wee Randy shake Moyes's hand? They were both in suits and I made comment about Randy giving him an interview there and then.

I saw it, very warm welcome by Randy. I sense he is very much like that with everyone. We won't get Moyes.

Going to be Sven or Hughes I reckon