Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houliier wouldn't be a bad shout - he is still well respected at Liverpool

Are you having a bath?

He was despised and still is for the style of football and signings he made. Bruno **** Cheyrou, Jean Michelle Ferri and some dosey big ostrich from Leicester.

If we got Houllier my life in Liverpool would get even worse. No bloody thanks.

Igor Biscan. Igor bloody Biscan.

Yet your saying Warnock

Id have Warnock over Sven any day of the week. In fact, id have Mike Bassett over Sven anyday of the week as well

Really you would have a manager whos never managed at the top for Sven whos won titles in Sweden, Portugal and Italy and has shown to be the best England manager since Sir Bobby. I think McClaren and Capello have both shown what a decent job he did.

Houliier wouldn't be a bad shout - he is still well respected at Liverpool

Are you having a bath?

He was despised and still is for the style of football and signings he made. Bruno **** Cheyrou, Jean Michelle Ferri and some dosey big ostrich from Leicester.

If we got Houllier my life in Liverpool would get even worse. No bloody thanks.

Igor Biscan. Igor bloody Biscan.

Totally agree. If people think MON signed a percentage of flops then Houlier would dismay a hell of a lot of people

The thing that will really piss me off is that we get a manager that could of been had within a week of mon leaving. I am all for waiting if it is a top appointment.

I don't think it's really that simple in all cases. Say we were to approach Hitzfeld as the rumor had it.

MON leaves suddenly Lerner flies into Brum the next day. Probably a load of shit needs to be sorted initially with 6 staff members leaving, contracts, payoffs, legal shite. First priority days from the beginning of the season appoint the caretaker, the only obvious candidate was KMac simply cause he was the only coach who didn't **** off along with O'Neill. Right that's done reassure the fans etc. 2 days have passed just steadying the ship.

What do we have? Two people Randy and Faulkner who a) have no experience either finding or hiring a manager B) have **** all experience running a football club (since that's what MON supposedly did). Great that slows things down considerably not to mention there very heavy negotiations happening with Man City over the Milner/Ireland saga and the pressing issue of the league opener.

Probably 6 days have passed before the search can really commence, now Faulkner mostly since Randy also has fires to put out in Cleveland has I imagine a huge backlog of phone messages etc from agents and individuals interested in the job. He sifts through them finding those that are worthwhile at the same time he's looking at those who didn't apply but are still good candidates. 2 more days pass and Faulkner finally has a list of decent candidates. Straight off the bat many of those candidates Moyes, etc. tell us to go and **** off others need maybe a bit more convincing before they even sit at the table.

So lets just say it takes another 5 days or so of meeting potential managers before they finally find the right man for the job. We are up to day 15 after Martin O'Neill's departure (Tuesday) Now comes the tricky part, unless said manager is currently unemployed Aston Villa would need to negotiate with his current employer and come to terms where the manager can switch. The manager also has plenty of demands that need sorting including hiring his backroom staff many of whom are probably also under contract to other clubs.

This, the physical process of hiring the manager could easily take 3 or 4 days leaving us where we are now.

It's easy to lineup a manager in advance and hire him the next day if you know your current manager is going to walk or you plan to sack him but what appears to have happened here is Lerner & Falkner were caught with their pants around their ankles and no recovery plan. To me that's somewhat embarrassing. You expect people running a major business to be thinking one step ahead and have contingencies for every unfortunate scenario but as I have mentioned before neither Falkner or Lerner have been at a Football club where a manager has needed replacing so for them it's a baptism of fire for the Owner and his Rookie executive.

I hate to say it but they probably should have asked our President Emeritus to get off his pee stained seat and show them the ropes.

The names being bandied about are Eriksson, Curbishley, Bradley, Klinsmann, Lambert and Koeman. I'm not going to mention Hitzfeld because that's just a stupid rumour someone made up. No chance of him coming here and not Phil Brown either, he's destined for much bigger things.

There is no way I want Bradley - he doesn't have the experience and the only thing he's done of note is getting a decent USA team to the last 16 of the world cup.

Curbishley would be the save option. We would know what we would get but we'd all probably die of mediocrity and mid-table boredom. Honestly I look at the bloke and I get sleepy.

Eriksson is a money grabbing whore but he always seems to get results, albeit with a bit of money spent. I just dislike the guy but I would probably be OK with him because of how things have been going. His teams seem to play nice football and he's well respected so he could probably get some good players in.

I think I'm right in saying that the only club Klinsmann has managed is Bayern Munich and that didn't go too well. There's no doubt he was a great player and he did well with Germany but I think he would be a bit of a gamble. Somehow I think he could do a good job, just a feeling.

I don't know too much about Lambert but he's done a good job with Norwich and I've heard good things about him. Other than that I haven't got a clue. But I wouldn't mind if we gave a lower league manager a chance.

The last noteworthy thing Koeman did was with PSV but since then he's done nothing other than nearly relegating Valencia. No thanks.

So in conclusion:

1. Klinsmann

2. Eriksson

3. Lambert

4. Curbishley

5. Koeman

6. Bradley