Scientific Experiment V2#12-MON(thly) Approval Ratings

Gringo

Are you satisfied with MON as manager  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with MON as manager

• Yes - MON can take us forward
    • No - end of the road

No infact I believe that this season we'll decline under him, have wasted a lot of money and be in aworse position than we were 3 years ago.

Based on what? Thats not a decline thats freefall

Personally even if we stand still, or lose milner and do nothing, there arent enough teams better than us for us to be that bad

I think now would be a really great time to get rid of MON, with the new season about 2 weeks away and none of our transfer business done.

DO IT, RANDY! You know it makes sense! :?

I'm sure a new manager could sell Milner and waste the proceeds on McGeady as easily as O'Neill.

No infact I believe that this season we'll decline under him, have wasted a lot of money and be in aworse position than we were 3 years ago.
Good to see some fans are approaching the season with the usual sense of optimism. :|

For what it is worth, my opinion is that it is only worth replacing the manager if he is useless, he is obviously taking the club in the wrong direction or that you could almost guarantee that a replacement would do better. Replacing a manager in any other circumstances seems ridiculous to me.

He might sell Milner and spend the money on McGeady. McGeady might not be as good as Milner. McGeady might be shit. Villa might still do well in the league, cup and Europe. It's important to try to divorce the importance of the transfer window from the football.

MON is MON, he is naturally frustrating in the transfer market, and I'm happy to accept that for what it is. I prefer to judge his purchases after a few months and I'm quite patient with new players. I can understand if other people do not share that perspective, however being frustrated with this isn't really a good reason to replace a manager. Urging patience in a transfer market is like expecting the tide to wait as you paint the sand, but I'll urge it anyway.

I think now would be a really great time to get rid of MON, with the new season about 2 weeks away and none of our transfer business done.

I'm sure a new manager could sell Milner and waste the proceeds on McGeady as easily as O'Neill.

Yeah, but they wouldnt.

... why stop now...

The Ellis effect. Villa fans as a collective are still traumatised by the reign of Mr Ellis whereby every 3 to 4 seasons a manager would leave and be replaced.

Some fans are now terrified of managerial continuity and are unable to see the benefits of allowing a good manager, good time to manage the club with a long term vision. The footballing abuse these fans have suffered is horrific and are not to blame for their trauma.

They often demand for MON to be replaced without considering a suitable alternative or the negative impact this approach has had on the club previously.

If Mourinho were interested or the club were performing way below (realistic) expectation in the league and cups then it might be a relevant time to consider a change of manager.

You need a good reason to sack a manager who has helped the club qualify for European competition for the 3rd season running as well as reaching a domestic cup final and semi-final. Maybe even Ellis would have struggled for a good reason.

A voice of reason in an ocean of noise.....

Yeah, but they wouldnt.

No, they'd be busy wasting money on Balaban, Baros and Djemba-Djemba.

I don't like the poll question, just because I don't think O'Neill can take us forward in these next couple years doesn't also mean that's his fault and he shouldn't be manager.

We need stability at this club even if I can't see us moving forward much over the next couple years.

... why stop now...

The Ellis effect. Villa fans as a collective are still traumatised by the reign of Mr Ellis whereby every 3 to 4 seasons a manager would leave and be replaced.

Some fans are now terrified of managerial continuity and are unable to see the benefits of allowing a good manager, good time to manage the club with a long term vision. The footballing abuse these fans have suffered is horrific and are not to blame for their trauma.

They often demand for MON to be replaced without considering a suitable alternative or the negative impact this approach has had on the club previously.

If Mourinho were interested or the club were performing way below (realistic) expectation in the league and cups then it might be a relevant time to consider a change of manager.

You need a good reason to sack a manager who has helped the club qualify for European competition for the 3rd season running as well as reaching a domestic cup final and semi-final. Maybe even Ellis would have struggled for a good reason.

A voice of reason in an ocean of noise.....

Exactly. What is the reason for sacking the manager? We have finished 6th for 3 consecutive seasons in the most competitive league in the world. We would be sacking a manager for being consistantly good. Surely in football you sack managers who are performing below expectations?

Agreed with the stability thing. I could understand if we were doing horribly and failing to qualify for Europe, but that's not the case.

2006/07 - 11th - 50pts - FA R3 - LC R4

2007/08 - 6th - 60 pts - FA R3 - LC R3

2008/09 - 6th - 62 pts - FA R5 - LC R3

2009/10 - 6th - 64 pts - FA SF - LC RU

Expecting your team to improve every season, especially when you get towards the top of the table, is unrealistic. But MON has improved us every year, yet some want him out? :huh:

I think MON himself will realise after this season.

If he changes, squad rotates and buys from anywhere... the world is his oyster.

I dont think he will and realise that he cannot take us further and off he pops.

If he changes, squad rotates and buys from anywhere... the world is his oyster.

Sounds rather like the approach Rafa Benitez used at Liverpool and look where that got him.

Yeah he won the champions league and apart from the season when he got sacked finished within the top 4 :lol:

Anyway, will have to wait and see.

MON carrying on the way he is will only get us so far and we're there.

Happy with that then fine, i just think under Randy we can make top 4 and build even further.

Â