Scientific Experiment V2#12-MON(thly) Approval Ratings

Gringo

Are you satisfied with MON as manager  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with MON as manager

• Yes - MON can take us forward
    • No - end of the road

I'm not too concerned with the transfer window, we all know about MON's dormant transfer approach, so it isn't anything to worry ourselves about in my view. The question is - Can MON take us forward? At this current time, I don't believe he can.

Complaining about no new signings a month before the window ends, when we know how MON works, smacks of immature petulance.

Or maybe it's a reflection of the fact that a manager who has always struggled to get players in on time, now has the added complication of having to sell players first to get the wages down before he can bring anybody else in.

Struggled to get players in on time? Always has got players in before the deadline closes? consequently, improved our league tally points 4 seasons in a row.

Terrible isn't it.

It's petulance.

We all know how football clubs are run and if we have to sell players to reduce the wage bill then so be it.

If anything it's a reflection of the impatient nature of a football fan in the modern game.

I'm not impatient. I just realise that it's quite possible that nobody will want to buy the likes of Sidwell and Heskey on their inflated wages, and in which case, if we don't sell Milner, we won't be buying anybody. My original point wasn't so much that O'Neill takes his time (I'm used to that), it was that because of his expensive mistakes in the past, he'll find it much harder to sign players this summer as he has to get shut of players first. He's never had to do that before, and therefore we're at the mercy to a certain extent of other clubs. The fact that we're the only Premier League club not to have brought any players in bears this out.

Complaining about no new signings a month before the window ends, when we know how MON works, smacks of immature petulance.

Or maybe it's a reflection of the fact that a manager who has always struggled to get players in on time, now has the added complication of having to sell players first to get the wages down before he can bring anybody else in.

Struggled to get players in on time? Always has got players in before the deadline closes? consequently, improved our league tally points 4 seasons in a row.

Terrible isn't it.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I don't really understand the point you are trying to make. My point is, that every manager buys rubbish from time to time and MON is no different and is certainly no worse than the top managers in the success of purchases department. End of debate.

Saying "end of debate" doesn't actually make it so I'm aftraid. All managers make mistakes in the transfer market, and in my opinion O'Neill makes a lot more than most. That's the reason we can't buy any more players until he gets some of his expensive mistakes off the books. We're the only club in the Premier League not to have bought any one yet this summer, and unless somebody wants the likes of Sidwell or Heskey for £50K a week, we might not get to buy anybody.

What other manager has been told he has to ship out a load of his own expensive mistakes before he can buy anybody else?

Alex Ferguson.

And yet he's managed to spend £16m on Smalling and Hernandez. Are you reading from the Bickster Bumper Book of Football Wrongness?

Yes, use last years signings to make your argument full proof. Way to go. lol

It's petulance.

We all know how football clubs are run and if we have to sell players to reduce the wage bill then so be it.

If anything it's a reflection of the impatient nature of a football fan in the modern game.

I'm not impatient. I just realise that it's quite possible that nobody will want to buy the likes of Sidwell and Heskey on their inflated wages, and in which case, if we don't sell Milner, we won't be buying anybody. My original point wasn't so much that O'Neill takes his time (I'm used to that), it was that because of his expensive mistakes in the past, he'll find it much harder to sign players this summer as he has to get shut of players first. He's never had to do that before, and therefore we're at the mercy to a certain extent of other clubs. The fact that we're the only Premier League club not to have brought any players in bears this out.

I'm sure someone has also proved you wrong on this point also.

I'm not too concerned with the transfer window, we all know about MON's dormant transfer approach, so it isn't anything to worry ourselves about in my view. The question is - Can MON take us forward? At this current time, I don't believe he can.

Can anyone take us forward? I don't think so.

Can anyone take us backwards? Yes, hundreds of managers.

Will we go backwards with MON? Probably not. We're stable, waiting for a slip-up from the teams above us.

I think we live in a generation where nearly everything in our daily lives is disposable and as such there are lots of kids who have been bought up with the "I want, therefore I get and don't have to wait" culture. This patience thing is a different way of life for a young generation.

Terrible isn't it.

I'll take that as a 'I haven't really got a response to that'

Will we go backwards with MON? Probably not. We're stable, waiting for a slip-up from the teams above us.

I think we live in a generation where nearly everything in our daily lives is disposable and as such there are lots of kids who have been bought up with the "I want, therefore I get and don't have to wait" culture. This patience thing is a different way of life for a young generation.

I agree fully with the sentiments of the last para here, except I don't think you can blame this attitude just on youth. There are more than a few longstanding Villa fans posting petulant nonsense about MON on here at the moment, who really should know better.

It's petulance.

I'm sure someone has also proved you wrong on this point also.

I'll think you'll find that Bicks was in fact, quite wrong. We ARE the only Premier League club not to have brought anybody in so far.

Terrible isn't it.

You can take it as "I really can't be bothered refuting such nonsense" instead, because that's what it was.

I agree fully with the sentiments of the last para here, except I don't think you can blame this attitude just on youth. There are more than a few longstanding Villa fans posting petulant nonsense about MON on here at the moment, who really should know better.
I wouldn't say it was a culture the fans created petulantly; if you look at how the game has evolved in the past twenty years, it has promoted success and wealth much more viciously, and supporters invest a lot of money to follow their team, therefore are much more demanding with the product on show.

I'm more than willing to give people a fair chance; MON will get a fair amount of time to develop the club.

Stay. He's not perfect, but who is. The money isn't there to spend really, it probably was in previous years but not now, so I don't see who could do better with what we have.

Struggled to get players in on time? Always has got players in before the deadline closes? consequently, improved our league tally points 4 seasonsnon a row.

Terrible isn't it.

You can take it as "I really can't be bothered refuting such nonsense"

instead, because that's what it was.

go on, explain?

One part of the comment stated we haven't struggled to get players in before the window.

The second point stated we improved our league tally 4 times in a row, a fact.

Which part of that is 'nonesense' fact 1 or 2 :lol:

There are more than a few longstanding Villa fans posting petulant nonsense about MON on here at the moment, who really should know better.

There are also quite a few people defending O'Neill's prehistoric football, who should also know better. Truth be told, I'm not that bothered about the top 4, I just want to enjoy watching Villa play, and under O'Neill, thanks to his truly horrible style of play, I don't get to do that.

There are more than a few longstanding Villa fans posting petulant nonsense about MON on here at the moment, who really should know better.

There are also quite a few people defending O'Neill's prehistoric football, who should also know better. Truth be told, I'm not that bothered about the top 4, I just want to enjoy watching Villa play, and under O'Neill, thanks to his truly horrible style of play, I don't get to do that.

In which case your agenda is probably different to most people on this board and it's therefore pretty pointless continuing the discussion. Couldn't you have warned us upfront? :winkold:

Â