Scientific Experiment V2#12-MON(thly) Approval Ratings

Gringo

Are you satisfied with MON as manager  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with MON as manager

• Yes - MON can take us forward
    • No - end of the road

As for Everton, given that they are skint and that Moyes hasn't bought a bad player in years, I think he's performing to their maximum expectations. Seeing as he's finished 5th twice in the last three years, gets Everton playing better football than us, and does better in the transfer market than O'Neill, I think they'd be mad to sack him.

Surely we are performing to maximum expectations though? Unless you are very unrealistic?

No, we are performing to a decent standard.

How are Everton are maximum expectations and we aren't then?

We finished 6th last season. 5 clubs in Chelsea, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City can attract world class stars and pay wages for what a world class player earns.

I am sorry but how is that realistic expectations to compete with those?

We are still a few years behind Spurs but should catch them up soon unless they keep qualifying for CL and build on that.

Tottenham have had a good squad for about 6/7 years now and have spent money since then to build on that. We've had to completly re-build our squad in the last couple years.

O'Neill has had FOUR YEARS. Are we still going to be excusing his fuckawful football in 2015 because he inherited Liam Ridgewell a long time ago?

This 'fuckawful football' has still just taken us to sixth place and two trips to Wembley. It's effective enough to have seen us beat everyone else in the Premiership in recent years, including an extremely sweet win at Old Trafford which had previously happened once in my Villa-supporting life. Bleating about an alleged lack of entertainment is just ridiculous. Let's win something first, eh?

I can't believe what a pile of miserable, unrealistic swine some of you are. We're still on an upwards trajectory despite running into a 'big 4' entrenched by years of success and Champions League money, a Spurs squad who had a massive head-start on us (and still barely scraped into fourth ahead of us), and a Manchester City empire which is effectively unrivalled in world football.

Why do some of you believe we have any right to compete against them? We don't. We're a provincial team with a dwindling budget, a limited support and minimal global appeal.

Get real. We're doing at least as well as we could realistically hope for.

We would be stupid if we didnt sell Milner if we got a good price for him,thats how you strengthen the squad,as long as we buy good players and not waste it on maybe players.

I will judge Mon on this year and what he brings in.

Like i said,if he cant take us up a gear this year i think he will decide himself he cant carry on and between him and Randy will look at whats better for Villa at the end of the season as they always do.

Its the lower teams that messed us up last year,not the top 4.Too many draws and loosing must win games etc.

Mons done a job so far although he's made some bad decisions and bought some shit waisting money when he should have got quality in.

HESKEY for a start. :crylaugh:

As for Everton, given that they are skint and that Moyes hasn't bought a bad player in years, I think he's performing to their maximum expectations. Seeing as he's finished 5th twice in the last three years, gets Everton playing better football than us, and does better in the transfer market than O'Neill, I think they'd be mad to sack him.

Surely we are performing to maximum expectations though? Unless you are very unrealistic?

No, we are performing to a decent standard.

How are Everton are maximum expectations and we aren't then?

We finished 6th last season. 5 clubs in Chelsea, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City can attract world class stars and pay wages for what a world class player earns.

I am sorry but how is that realistic expectations to compete with those?

We are still a few years behind Spurs but should catch them up soon unless they keep qualifying for CL and build on that.

Tottenham have had a good squad for about 6/7 years now and have spent money since then to build on that. We've had to completly re-build our squad in the last couple years.

It isn't all about a club's finances; I believe a manager can make decisions that will positively influence the situation. In certain games last season we needed the side to be altered, it wasn't and we dropped vital points.

For example, Man City in recent years have bought Bellamy, Bridge, Barry, Lescott, Given, Santa Cruz. Players who can take them around the top 4. Once they are in the top 4, then they will once again need to buy better players to replace those in order to match the clubs ambitions.

Our players are just as good. I wouldn't swap any of those for the players we have in their positions. Same with most of the Spurs squad. We've got a £10m defender in Davies, and an £8m central midfielder in NRC who never get a game. We've also got probably the best English right back in the country being forced out of the club. The fact is that O'Neill has had plenty of money to spend, has rebuilt the team to how he wants it, but due to his incredible number of mistakes, still hasn't got a squad he can rely on.

We're a provincial team with a dwindling budget, a limited support and minimal global appeal.

no, that would be birmingham - they finished three places below us last season.

I said 'limited', not 'delinquent' or 'remedial'... :winkold:

I think now would be a really great time to get rid of MON, with the new season about 2 weeks away and none of our transfer business done.

DO IT, RANDY! You know it makes sense! :?

I'm sure a new manager could sell Milner and waste the proceeds on McGeady as easily as O'Neill.

Yeah, but they wouldnt.

No, they'd be busy wasting money on Balaban, Baros and Djemba-Djemba.

and still get closer to forth place in their first seson than MON has in 4 years.......

when winston churchill lost the election following the war do you think it was because people thought he had done a bad job???

sometimes it is just time for a change, the outgoing person doesnt have to be put in front of a firing squad - its just time to move on.

for me, mon has come in, steadied the ship, done what we needed and can no longer really do any more for us. i have no doubt that if he stayed at the club for another ten years we would finish somewhere between 6th and 8th for every single one of those seasons - but we would have an average crowd of 10k every week.

If it was all about money, the likes of Stoke wouldn't be in the Premier League, and Blackpool should probably be contemplating life back in League 1, not about to start the season in the Premier League.

If it was all about money, the likes of Stoke wouldn't be in the Premier League, and Blackpool should probably be contemplating life back in League 1, not about to start the season in the Premier League.

and newcastle and leeds would never have got relegated...

having taken over when they were threatened by relegation, and what he has achieved is astonishing. By comparison, O'Neill just isn't a good enough coach, he's not in the same class.

Threatened by relegation after 8 games? It's not like he had 30 games to sort it out. :?

He's not in the same class as Redknapp, no. He's higher. More trophies, less money spent per season, higher average league finish, less relegations. The facts are there for all to see.

I think it's pretty laughable that you think 6th 'isn't good enough' (for the 6th highest spenders), yet Spurs finishing 4th is 'astonishing', despite them spending the 4th most money in English football. Typical Risso.

I think now would be a really great time to get rid of MON, with the new season about 2 weeks away and none of our transfer business done.

DO IT, RANDY! You know it makes sense! :?

I'm sure a new manager could sell Milner and waste the proceeds on McGeady as easily as O'Neill.

Yeah, but they wouldnt.

No, they'd be busy wasting money on Balaban, Baros and Djemba-Djemba.

and still get closer to forth place in their first seson than MON has in 4 years.......

in 07/08, 08/09, 09/10.....we would of finished higher than the 4th place team in 03/04....

so your point is abit stupid really isn't it.

O'Neill has also served up the dreariest excuse for football in the top 8. He's also wasted vast amounts of money on some truly hopeless players, making it almost impossible for whoever who follows him to do any better. His transfer record is little better than 50% good, 50% bad. You can't afford a stinker for every decent player you bring in.

Risso, your a man after my own heart! :P

Been following Villa for 20+ years (as a fan and now faraway). And for the resources he's had at hand, O'Neill has been the most unambitious manager we've had for me! Also has our team playing the dourest form of football i've seen, its awful to watch. :(

Yea, the premiership is tough, a closed shop almost at the top. But too many poor signings, poor tactics.. There's no one out there who can do better? I don't believe that either!

People talk about him bringing players in for a short term job like Harewood. I remember 99% of Villa Talkers laughing at Harewood before we brought him and reacting in shock when we were in for him. He was shit and proved to be very shit and did nothing more than warm a bench for an awful waste of money.

And for those who get offended at 'my' thoughts on their messiahs work thus far...here's a tissue! :P

It's been obvious for some time that he cant take us further. And thus been a no from me for some time..

Too many on here see the Villa squad through claret and blue glasses.

O'Neill has also served up the dreariest excuse for football in the top 8. He's also wasted vast amounts of money on some truly hopeless players, making it almost impossible for whoever who follows him to do any better. His transfer record is little better than 50% good, 50% bad. You can't afford a stinker for every decent player you bring in.

Risso, your a man after my own heart! :P

Been following Villa for 20+ years (as a fan and now faraway). And for the resources he's had at hand, O'Neill has been the most unambitious manager we've had for me! Also has our team playing the dourest form of football i've seen, its awful to watch. :(

Yea, the premiership is tough, a closed shop almost at the top. But too many poor signings, poor tactics.. There's no one out there who can do better? I don't believe that either!

People talk about him bringing players in for a short term job like Harewood. I remember 99% of Villa Talkers laughing at Harewood before we brought him and reacting in shock when we were in for him. He was shit and proved to be very shit and did nothing more than warm a bench for an awful waste of money.

And for those who get offended at 'my' thoughts on their messiahs work thus far...here's a tissue! :P

It's been obvious for some time that he cant take us further. And thus been a no from me for some time..

Too many on here see the Villa squad through claret and blue glasses.

For one, can we not stop this now (the bold) as it is only a stick to beat the manager with, rather than anyone actually say this.

I disagree about the squad as well. I think we are just not good enough and need some ridiculous investment to challenge.

O'Neill has had FOUR YEARS. Are we still going to be excusing his fuckawful football in 2015 because he inherited Liam Ridgewell a long time ago?

This 'fuckawful football' has still just taken us to sixth place and two trips to Wembley. It's effective enough to have seen us beat everyone else in the Premiership in recent years, including an extremely sweet win at Old Trafford which had previously happened once in my Villa-supporting life. Bleating about an alleged lack of entertainment is just ridiculous. Let's win something first, eh?

I can't believe what a pile of miserable, unrealistic swine some of you are. We're still on an upwards trajectory despite running into a 'big 4' entrenched by years of success and Champions League money, a Spurs squad who had a massive head-start on us (and still barely scraped into fourth ahead of us), and a Manchester City empire which is effectively unrivalled in world football.

Why do some of you believe we have any right to compete against them? We don't. We're a provincial team with a dwindling budget, a limited support and minimal global appeal.

Get real. We're doing at least as well as we could realistically hope for.

This absolutely hits the nail on the head.

Some of the unrealistic expectations and baffling opinions on here are quite frankly cringe worthy and borderline pathetic.

The fact that we went from relegation fodder to qualifying for Europe each season in such a small space of time has clearly gone to people's head, and they seem to think that the next step should be achieved in the same amount of time, if not, sooner.

As Gramme said; get real.

Â