Barry Bannan

villianusa

Obviously good on the ball, has to be for his size, and some neat touches, just needs to learn to constantly stay involved in the game. Although this wasn't an easy game to perform in given the lack of possession we had and the amount of times we had the ball in positions where Bannan could get on the ball.

He looks like he can play on the ground well, some nice lay offs but faded badly after the first twenty minutes.

Also I wouldn't have said Hogg was poor but just didn't get into the game at all.

Wasn't all that impressed to be honest, think the game passed him by, thought Hogg was a disaster too.

I really don't mean to be rude mate but I have to question which game you actually watched last night?

So far we've had:

"I'd say Albrighton is naturally two-footed"

'Heskey was absolutely shit from start to finish'

"Hogg was a disaster"

"the game passed him by" - referring to Bannan

Albrighton is not yet two-footed, he's incredibly right footed.

Heskey was actually pretty good in the first half but faded as the game wore on.

Hogg was not a disaster, he did the simple things well and was disciplined in the centre of midfield - do not forget, this was his first competitive start for the first team, to expect much more in the conditions is crazy.

Bannan, okay he didn't do an awful lot but he scored the frickin goal and looked lively enough in flashes, again, this was his first competitive start for the club.

I'm all for opinions but yours seem wide of the mark I'm sorry to say.

if im honest i think your both off the mark! HAHAH!

albrighton was extremely dangerous going past players on both wings...not both footed but can certainly go either way!

bannan was quite good in terms of getting on the ball. goal obviously and generally running his arse off

hogg was awful! no doubt about that...his positional play was incredibly poor.

heskey was his usual looks sharp and good for 10 minutes and stops running and working for the team..second half coudlnt hold up a bank with a shotgun!

theres my two cents.

i just love the guys work ethic! doesnt stop running, albrighton as well, doesnt stop!

if you get highlights of the first goal theres a bit of hilarity in there! when the goal goes in..Bannan doesnt know what to do and runs in a circle and then off to the fans! albrighton pegs past reo-coker, loads of players around bannan and who gets in there first for a hug, albrighton from the other side of the pitch piles into bannan! they both seem to be working their asses off for McDonald!

The Weeman was lively for the first half hour but as they stepped up after their goal, he faded but there were plenty of positives from his performance to suggest that when 100% match fit can offer us something when asked upon.

I was quite impressed with Bannan. The game at times was going to pass him by in the position he was playing. Wouldn't like to be a defender and have him come on for the last 10 minutes anyway, whether we are ahead or behind. Chasing down and ready to take on the defenders is sometimes the sort of player you need for certain games.

I thought he did well and I think he'd find it much better if he was involved in a side with more experience. It can't have been easy being the main attacking CM with little support behind him from NRC or Hogg. I think NRC did well FWIW but Hogg wasn't so good unfortunately. We got off lightly last night and we have Bannan to thank for being in the right place at the right time. Rather than relying on the striker.

Showed he is willing to get into the box, he is willing to take on defenders and works his socks off. On top of that he seems to have good technique, think he can become a more than useful player off the bench and start a few games if needed.

Good little player imo. Always rated him, and he probably would have played more if he wasn't so small. As BOF said, he would look better in a more experienced side when he could get on the ball more often.

Aston Villa have rejected an approach from Blackpool to take midfielder Barry Bannan back on loan.

http://tinyurl.com/37qws9t

Might be different if we lose the Vienna game

I dunno Bicks, I think it depends on where he sits currently as a centre mid - Petrov is a definite, Ireland will be too and behind them I would imagine are Reo Coker and Sidwell, with Delph injured I think Bannan might have edged ahead of Salifou, Osbourne, Hogg or any of the other contenders for that fifth spot.

I think if we lose to Vienna, get a manager that isn't so keen on him and get Sidwell back to fitness it might be a different, but I think for the short term at least he has every chance of hanging around.

Aston Villa have rejected an approach from Blackpool to take midfielder Barry Bannan back on loan.

http://tinyurl.com/37qws9t

Might be different if we lose the Vienna game

I dunno Bicks, I think it depends on where he sits currently as a centre mid - Petrov is a definite, Ireland will be too and behind them I would imagine are Reo Coker and Sidwell, with Delph injured I think Bannan might have edged ahead of Salifou, Osbourne, Hogg or any of the other contenders for that fifth spot.

I think if we lose to Vienna, get a manager that isn't so keen on him and get Sidwell back to fitness it might be a different, but I think for the short term at least he has every chance of hanging around.

Even if he is 5th right now, he'd be better off going back to Scotlands favourite holiday resort until January as we'd only have league games and the League cup to worry about

dunno why but theres something about him that makes me think hes not gonna make a real impact here and go the way of craig gardner

its exactly what i thought - he'll play at a good level, but imo it wont be sufficiently high to ever play regularly for us - see gardner, ridgewell, samuel for other examples!