Barry Bannan

villianusa

Was impressed with the youngsters as a whole on Tuesday.

Bannan is obviously very skilful, has a good footballing brain, but, from what i saw on Tuesday, he seemed to try and do too much with the ball. A few times this happening in the business end of the pitch...get it out your feet and into the big man in the box, don't fanny about with it all the time.

Definitely a prospect in my eyes but probably not at the moment.

Was impressed with the youngsters as a whole on Tuesday.

Bannan is obviously very skilful, has a good footballing brain, but, from what i saw on Tuesday, he seemed to try and do too much with the ball. A few times this happening in the business end of the pitch...get it out your feet and into the big man in the box, don't fanny about with it all the time.

Definitely a prospect in my eyes but probably not at the moment.

Don't you think that when young players get so few opportunities to impress they perhaps try to do too much to catch the eye. Bannan has a very good passing game under more normal circumstances, although he still loves to turn defences inside out as well.

was livley on sat...

Agreed - I spent the whole first half shouting a anyone to just shoot - they all seemed to take too many touches. He came on in the second half and was willing to have a few cracks first time.

Not sure what position he plays - but when he came inside he seemed to be very comfortable. He wasn't involved when he was on the right.

was livley on sat...

Agreed - I spent the whole first half shouting a anyone to just shoot - they all seemed to take too many touches. He came on in the second half and was willing to have a few cracks first time.

Not sure what position he plays - but when he came inside he seemed to be very comfortable. He wasn't involved when he was on the right.

His best position is centre mid, probably to the left of centre by choice.

His best position is centre mid, probably to the left of centre by choice.

OK, i may be showing my age here, but he reminds of Alex Cropley.

Five foot eight .... not much weight ....Alex Cropley's **** great .... la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la !

Remember the chant? WOOHOO! THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!!!

Personal information

Full name Barry Bannan

Date of birth 1 December 1989 (1989-12-01) (age 20)

Place of birth Airdrie, Scotland

Height 1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)

Playing position Midfielder

Personal information

Full name Gordon Sidney Cowans

Date of birth October 27, 1958 (1958-10-27) (age 51)

Place of birth West Cornforth, County Durham, England

Height 5ft 7in (1.69m)

Personal information

Full name Barry Bannan

Date of birth 1 December 1989 (1989-12-01) (age 20)

Place of birth Airdrie, Scotland

Height 1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)

Personal information

Full name Gordon Sidney Cowans

Date of birth October 27, 1958 (1958-10-27) (age 51)

Place of birth West Cornforth, County Durham, England

Height 5ft 7in (1.69m)

Do you think that's why Sid isn't a first team coach? Does Mon think he's too small?

Only joking, that's another very flattering comparison.

but players like Iniesta and Arshavin can get away with being small because they are just so good

We truly won't know how good Bannan can be until he mixes with the big boys. I hope MON is brave enough to give him a go.

He might just save the club a lot of money.

Most logical thing to me is to send him on loan to Blackpool again until January, see how he does and then re-assess in the new year.

If we sell him now, then we won't get that much for him so might aswell hang on for a bit longer.