Barry Bannan

villianusa

That was also the last I heard, he was a trouble kid

He's no worse than the rest of them

I don't know much about him to be honest,think it was MM who said he didn't have future in the club

I think this is more to his size or ability to be honest

Can't be his size, just think about Messi :-)

In Messi's case Barcelona acquired him as an eleven year old and immediately paid for Messi to have Human Growth Hormone treatment. Look at the result of that!

I hope that Villa hold onto BB for a couple of years more. He has time to grow in stature and ability and could develop into a very tidy player.

I was slated on here last week when I suggested Bannan could have a role to play next season.

I'd like to see him given an opportunity.

Or at least see MON bring him on for run out....oh hang on!???

I posted this before but you may have missed it.

I was talking with a Villa Park employee on the way to the last game of last season and we were discussing the playing staff and who we would like to see stay/go etc. The guy told me he had been to a reserve game and that, after the game, he was talking to a guy close to Bannan, about his performance that night. This guy seemed to agree that Bannan was a talent and had a bright future ahead of him but it looked likely to be away from Villa. Apparently, MON had previously spoken with Bannan and told him to look for another club because he didn't think he had the physique to make it in the Premier League.

I agree that small players can often be quality but we can hardly compare Bannan to Lionel Messi can we? It would be nice to see him make it with us though but it just doesn't seem like he is going to get the chance to prove himself.

Seriously I think he's quite a decent prospect and I think we should give him a few chances. If he shapes up its another CM option and he is miles better than Osbourne who incidentally forgot to turn up for a game when on loan at Forest!!

I was talking with a Villa Park employee on the way to the last game of last season and we were discussing the playing staff and who we would like to see stay/go etc. The guy told me he had been to a reserve game and that, after the game, he was talking to a guy close to Bannan, about his performance that night. This guy seemed to agree that Bannan was a talent and had a bright future ahead of him but it looked likely to be away from Villa. Apparently, MON had previously spoken with Bannan and told him to look for another club because he didn't think he had the physique to make it in the Premier League.

I agree that small players can often be quality but we can hardly compare Bannan to Lionel Messi can we? It would be nice to see him make it with us though but it just doesn't seem like he is going to get the chance to prove himself.

I know for a fact that Bannan and his agent (Ian Taylor) have had a discussion about Bannan's future shortly before he went to Blackpool, basically he was chomping on the bit after tasting first team action at Derby.

Got picked out on Sky Sports after the Walsall game as Player to Watch this season. I dont think MON rarely goes for a small and lightweight player. Ashley Young being the exception

In his post match interview on AVTV, MON was singing the praises of Albrighton and Weimann. When Jack Woodward mentioned Banann, MON said he was a very skillful player and if he was 5 foot 10, not 3 foot 10, we'd have a real good player on our hands. Maybe size does matter with MON?!

Got picked out on Sky Sports after the Walsall game as Player to Watch this season. I dont think MON rarely goes for a small and lightweight player. Ashley Young being the exception

.... and what about his twin - Fabian??

Seen him for the first time on saturday, has a great shot and was lively enough but he looked like a little kid on the pitch. There's no way he'll make it in the prem. its not just height he's just too lightweight. As a small winger you have a chance as you can use your speed and balance to bounce off players a la Albrighton who aint that big, but i dont see that in him

I know for a fact that Bannan and his agent (Ian Taylor) have had a discussion about Bannan's future shortly before he went to Blackpool, basically he was chomping on the bit after tasting first team action at Derby.

Did the talks go well though? I would like to see him given a chance but the guy I spoke to appeared to be sincere with what he was telling me.

Maybe MON could have had a change of heart after that loan spell?

A couple of years ago when Barry was still only five foot three ins tall he came on as a sub for the reserves at the Bescot. He looked like an eleven year old wearing his older brothers kit, but then for the next twenty minutes he started to control the midfield with some great skills and passes and he roughed up the opposition to the point where the ref had to warn him a couple of times about his aggressive play.

He might still be small at five foot seven ins but he's got the heart of a lion and he's a bloody good footballer, as well as being a dirty little bugger when the occasion demands.

He might still be small at five foot seven ins but he's got the heart of a lion and he's a bloody good footballer, as well as being a dirty little bugger when the occasion demands.

Most of you probably aren't old enough to remeber Billy Bremner but that's an apt description of him.

Most of you probably aren't old enough to remeber Billy Bremner but that's an apt description of him.

You beat me to the keyboard with the Bremner comparison.

I remember Billy well, and I thought the Cloughie film the other night was more than a bit unfair to him. A damn good player but you wouldn't have wanted to play against him though.