Barry Bannan

villianusa

It's pretty obvious that BB isn't in MON's plans when he is sent to play against Boldmere.

Who's playing tonight then??

Bit surprised by his inclusion to be honest - however, he didn't come on against Benfica so it's probably just another opportunity to obtain preseason fitness???

**edit** found the team news:

VILLA TEAM: Siegrist; Lichaj, Baker, Clark, Lowry; Forrester, Salifou, Hogg, Bannan; Collins Jr, Weimann. Subs: Flanaghan, Berry, Halfhuid, Deeney, Coton, Burke, Taylor.

With the inclusions of Lichaj, Clark, Lowry and Weimann alongside Wee Barry I wouldn't question his potential future at the club - there're plenty of other kids who've been with the first team all preseason playing tonight too.

That's one hell of a strong XI IMO!

It's pretty obvious that BB isn't in MON's plans when he is sent to play against Boldmere.

Who's playing tonight then??

Bit surprised by his inclusion to be honest - however, he didn't come on against Benfica so it's probably just another opportunity to obtain preseason fitness???

**edit** found the team news:

VILLA TEAM: Siegrist; Lichaj, Baker, Clark, Lowry; Forrester, Salifou, Hogg, Bannan; Collins Jr, Weimann. Subs: Flanaghan, Berry, Halfhuid, Deeney, Coton, Burke, Taylor.

With the inclusions of Lichaj, Clark, Lowry and Weimann alongside Wee Barry I wouldn't question his potential future at the club - there're plenty of other kids who've been with the first team all preseason playing tonight too.

That's one hell of a strong XI IMO!

Didn't realise the strength of the line up just got a text saying barry was playing

Watched the second half, played quite well. Lots of chances without getting many shots on target. A few of the youngsters came on towards the end, not too sure who was who.

Who impressed the most beasley?

BB and Wieman i guess. We slowed the pace in the scond half though, we were already 2-0 up when i got there.

• 2 weeks later...
Bannan was delighted with his 12th minute tap-in after great work from Albrighton even though Vienna striker Atdhe Nuhiu grabbed a 32nd minute equaliser.

“I couldn’t miss!” he added. “That’s my first competitive goal for Villa. It’s a great feeling.”

http://tinyurl.com/39vppoh

^ He also speaks about the Gamble KM took and the faith he had in the youngsters.

Wasn't all that impressed to be honest, think the game passed him by, thought Hogg was a disaster too.

I really don't mean to be rude mate but I have to question which game you actually watched last night?

So far we've had:

"I'd say Albrighton is naturally two-footed"

'Heskey was absolutely shit from start to finish'

"Hogg was a disaster"

"the game passed him by" - referring to Bannan

Albrighton is not yet two-footed, he's incredibly right footed.

Heskey was actually pretty good in the first half but faded as the game wore on.

Hogg was not a disaster, he did the simple things well and was disciplined in the centre of midfield - do not forget, this was his first competitive start for the first team, to expect much more in the conditions is crazy.

Bannan, okay he didn't do an awful lot but he scored the frickin goal and looked lively enough in flashes, again, this was his first competitive start for the club.

I'm all for opinions but yours seem wide of the mark I'm sorry to say.

id like to see him have a go at left back tbh, getting forward and defending i think he could be quite good and flame me if you want i just don't feel comfortable with warnock too slow closing down and sloppy at times he seemed better at blackburn in midfield