Barry Bannan

villianusa

He didn't play very well against QPR or Reading. This is a myth.

I hate to do this but according to whoscored.com against Reading Bannan scored 6.9 - the 3rd worst player for us. One of the 2 he beat scored an own goal.

Against Reading he was the 2nd worst player for us.

It's a myth because of what whoscored.com?

Who is being laughably statistic-centric now? The whoscored.com rating system is the most subjective statistic they have.

One yellow card, issued at the whim of a referee, can drastically change the rating.

Against Reading your info is wrong. Bannan (6.9) rated higher than three: Westwood (6.8), Lowtan (6.8), and Baker (6.4).

Don't forget, stats are EVERYTHING, your power taught us this sensei.

I hate to do this but according to whoscored.com against Reading Bannan scored 6.9 - the 3rd worst player for us. One of the 2 he beat scored an own goal.

Who is being laughably statistic-centric now? The whoscored.com rating system is the most subjective statistic they have.

One yellow card, issued at the whim of a referee, can drastically change the rating.

Against Reading your info is wrong. Bannan (6.9) rated higher than three: Westwood (6.8), Lowtan (6.8), and Baker (6.4).

Statistics!

I tell you what, the day I need whoscoredandfranklywhogivesafuck.com to tell me who the best and worst players are in any particular game is the day I shoot myself in the face with contents of Barry Bannans ball bag.

This thread just gets more ridiculous by the minute.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

I don't think you are in a position to be talking about subjectivity. Do you actually understand what it means? An "accurate" cross is subjective. A "key pass" is subjective. These are the stats you have gone on and on and on and on about over the last 6 months.

A yellow card is not subjective. A goal is not subjective.

You can't dismiss the overall stat by you claiming it to be subjective when all you use to argue are subjective stats. Once again you have been caught out to be contradicting yourself with your biased and unbalanced point of view.

As a side point, Bannan has less yellow cards than all other regular outfield players other than 3, yet still attains a worse rating than the rest. So his footballing rating must have been an awful lot worse than the other players if they can afford to get booked more often (at a whim by the referee!) and yet still score higher than Bannan.

I agree Bannan suits Swansea better than us.

Swansea 8th in the League plus cup

Us 16th and fighting relegation all season.

I don't think our fanbase are cultured enough to appreciate good technical players and this harms us.

The more educated football fan will watch the likes of La Liga and football from around the world (me, Con etc) whereas your average Villa fan will watch us and then some Sunday afternoon hooftball at their local parks.

Edited by supernova26

I don't think our fanbase are cultured enough to appreciate good technical players and this harms us.

The more educated football fan will watch the likes of La Liga and football from around the world (me, Con etc) whereas your average Villa fan will watch us and then some Sunday afternoon hooftball at their local parks.

And yet fans have been raving about Westwood, a good technical player. The only difference between Westwood and Bannan is that Westwood is good and Bannan isn't.

• Like 2

He's rather pompous and opinionated, but he's not as intelligent as he thinks he is.

You sir, disgust me.

Edited by Skruff

how dare you? Because we don't agree with you we are less educated football fan. Hope you are joking otherwise you are an idiot!

How incredibly arrogant and pompous, you're like a cartoon character and I can't take you seriously.

All of that is irrelevant and you're missing the point. Bannan does not fit our style of football and getting rid of him will be better for both him and us. That's all there is to it. Now get down from your pedestal and jog on.

Statistics!

I tell you what, the day I need whoscoredandfranklywhogivesafuck.com to tell me who the best and worst players are in any particular game is the day I shoot myself in the face with contents of Barry Bannans ball bag.

This thread just gets more ridiculous by the minute.

be-careful-ben-o.gif

• Like 1

You know what? I don't mind Bannan, as a player. For squad filler on low wages, he is an average option to have on the bench. But I dislike this thread way more than I dislike him.

Con, your constant over exaggerating of Bannan's abilities (and the following discussions) have made me want to see the back of Bannan, just to get rid of this thread.

• Like 1

Westwood, Delph and Sylla will take some dislodging because they were building a system in the last 10 games or so that was working.

I have a feeling Lambert may use Weimann, N'Zogbia, Tonev or Bacuna in a more central role in certain games next season depending on the opposition also.

Added to that we have Gardner and El-Ahmadi and Holman and Johnson and Herd who will all want to put pressure on a midfield spot.

I don't see any real future for Bannan really unless Lambert does really rate him and will look to play him ahead of a lot of those options.

I've no doubt he has decent passing stats etc, but I'm not sure he offers enough to warrant a place above many of the above players.

These stats brought up are useless. Just cos we won more with Bannan in the team means nothing, the other players may have raised their game playing with shit. I bet Arbeloa has a good win rate at Madrid, doubt they'd miss him much if he got injured though. Didnt it take bale like 15 games for him to be in a winning spurs side....,

Oh wow you watch La Liga?! What a football connoisseur you must be. If only some of us had sky sports 2. Can I sniff your pants?

• Like 1

I'm an educated football fan, I watch la liga, I see that swansea are a good passing side that have done well. I can see that bannans better attributes are his passing.

It's not our style of play he doesn't suit, it's the league that we play in...it's above his standard.

He's a championship player

• Like 1