Barry Bannan

villianusa

Wasn't Vlaar's goal from a free kick?

Bennett took that free kick, and while it was on target, it didn't set up a chance. Vlaar did all of the work to score that. Fantastic individual effort.

But if Bannan had taken it it would have been cross of the season though wouldn't it.

You'd be here saying how Bannan's left toe wiggled after he took the kick, which was a clear indication to Vlaar to control it and half volley it into the top corner. Praise be to Bannan.

Face it... every single player that has featured in our last 5 games have done more than Bannan has all season. He's a **** disgrace and you are a bluenose who should be banned.

• Like 1

At some point he realized he was wrong and that he made proper idiot out of himself.
However instead of admitting they were wrong, some people prefer to stick to their guns when they realize this, and become even more dogmatic and radical in their argument. Even to the point that it's blatantly obvious for everyone what they're doing. Just like the gif. con just posted or his comment which you just responded to AstonMartin82.

An example would be that when someone tell you that you're being obnoxious you just decide be even more obnoxious just for the sake of it.

At some point he realized he was wrong and that he made proper idiot out of himself.

However instead of admitting they were wrong, some people prefer to stick to their guns when they realize this, and become even more dogmatic and radical in their argument. Even to the point that it's blatantly obvious for everyone what they're doing. Just like the gif. con just posted or his comment which you just responded to AstonMartin82.

An example would be that when someone tell you that you're being obnoxious you just decide be even more obnoxious just for the sake of it.

This is unfair. I don't think I'm "obviously wrong" and it's not "blatantly obvious" that your opinion of Bannan is the correct one.

I don't need to repeat all the reasons why. Just because I have a sense of humour with our difference of opinion, doesn't mean my opinion is not serious, OR that I support Birmingham City.

Do I entertain the possibility I could be wrong about Bannan? Yes.  I've not made excessive claims about his talent but I do agree talented players have to do more than turn up on match-day to be effective and Bannan needs to improve everything that's not to do with crossing.

A

I've not made excessive claims about his talent but I do agree talented players have to do more than turn up on match-day to be effective and Bannan needs to improve everything that's not to do with crossing.

Con? Wouldn't it just be better for Bannan not to turn up on matchdays. I think the majority of posters would say "Amen to that"

Plus, some could correctly argue that he never turned up on matchdays anyway even vwhen he was selected.

Louis Suarez would be devastated as no one has provided him with a better through ball than Bannan in the whole of his career. ;)

This is unfair. I don't think I'm "obviously wrong" and it's not "blatantly obvious" that your opinion of Bannan is the correct one.

I don't need to repeat all the reasons why. Just because I have a sense of humour with our difference of opinion, doesn't mean my opinion is not serious, OR that I support Birmingham City.

Do I entertain the possibility I could be wrong about Bannan? Yes.  I've not made excessive claims about his talent but I do agree talented players have to do more than turn up on match-day to be effective and Bannan needs to improve everything that's not to do with crossing.

You are wrong about Bannan.

You have made excessive claims about Bannan.

He needs to improve everything about his game - not just everything other than his crossing... especially his crossing.

One of the worst players to have ever worn the shirt.

Good riddance.

I'm sure if he played more games, we would be preparing for life in the champions league next season...

You're obviously being facetious, however your statement is not far from the truth. If you add "hip" at the end of champions and take league out of the quote that is...

You are wrong about Bannan.

You have made excessive claims about Bannan.

He needs to improve everything about his game - not just everything other than his crossing... especially his crossing.

One of the worst players to have ever worn the shirt.

Good riddance.

A bit extreme.

I wouldnt say he was one of the worst players to have ever played for Villa, but probably one of the most disappointing. He's had a lot of chances but has simply failed to take them, whilst putting in some truly dire performances. He's just not good enough for this league but dropping down a division or two may spur him on and he could become an asset to another team, like Peter Whittingham.

He's not the only one going this way, Clark, Delfouneso, Lichaj, Albrighton, and perhaps Baker are not going to be good enough.

I still think Barry has a small part to play. Of corse he won't be first choice well he shouldn't be, but 3rd or 4th pick fair enough.

The only part he can play IS a small part-he's only about 5ft 6 :D

I still think Barry has a small part to play. Of corse he won't be first choice well he shouldn't be, but 3rd or 4th pick fair enough.

I knew that was coming.

I knew that was coming.

Glad to oblige!

5 ft 7

5 ft 7

He won 2 aerials this season, more than someone much taller, including the vital one in the game against that team we played...

:D 

I do think a lot of people are overly critical of Bannan. He's no where near as bad as some of you are making out. I think that the fact that Con is making him out to be a much better player than he is making people say he's worse than he is. Why aren't people calling for Herd, Ireland, Albrighton, Licahj(sp) etc to be sold? They're all about the same level. Bannan hasn't done anything to warrant the criticism he gets, all he's done is try to win games for us, is that such a crime?