Barry Bannan

villianusa

Agree with DVIN.

Bannan is one of our most technically gifted players.

He needs to learn to dictate play and stay involved for 90 mins, but I have high hopes for him. There have been times, all be it 5 minute spells, where he has looked the best player on the pitch.

Agree with DVIN.

He needs to learn to dictate play and stay involved for 90 mins, but I have high hopes for him. There have been times, all be it 5 minute spells, where he has looked the best player on the pitch.

I do like Barry but see him as the same type of player (positionally) as Makoun and Delph. I am not convinced that you could play two of them in the same side? Maybe Delph could play as an enforcer or more of attacker in a three man CM.

If this is the case, we are probably overmanned with this type of player and Makoun and Delph would be my two preferences from what I have seen to date?

Yes he is a great player, he was great against united, he was great against blackburn (cup) and the fulham game too.. he will make it here. Nobody is guaranteed first team as we rotate the squad.

Christ, don't you know that if you aren't scoring for cheltenham under 18's your not going to make it ?!?!

Agree with DVIN.

I do like Barry but see him as the same type of player (positionally) as Makoun and Delph. I am not convinced that you could play two of them in the same side? Maybe Delph could play as an enforcer or more of attacker in a three man CM.

If this is the case, we are probably overmanned with this type of player and Makoun and Delph would be my two preferences from what I have seen to date?

Agree with this. At the moment you couldn't play Makoun with Bannan, but perhaps if Makoun becomes more of an enforcer then it could be possible. Nevertheless, with Houlier's rotation policy I still don't see this as being a massive problem.

On the matter of Delph, we know he can play the holding role as he did so against man u last year, but I wouldn't want to play him there without Petrov or Reo Coker... Yet.

On the matter of Delph, we know he can play the holding role as he did so against man u last year, but I wouldn't want to play him there without Petrov or Reo Coker... Yet.

I wouldn't have said he did as he played with Stan and Milner in that game and I would have said it was Stan holding, Delph as the playmaker and Jimmy as the attacking CM'er.

Delph and Makoun both seem a bit small and lightweight to play the defensive midfielder role to me.

Leeds want Aston Villa’s talented young midfield star Barry Bannan to lead their bid for a Premier League return.

Boss Simon Grayson is keen to take the Scot on loan for the rest of the season after he slipped out of Gerard Houllier’s first-team picture.

Bannan was a big hit and won himself a new contract when Houllier gave his Villa youngsters a chance earlier in the season, but recently he has been pushed out of the side by senior stars.

Now Leeds are keen to land 21-year-old Bannan, who may be allowed to go to the Championship if Villa are knocked out of the FA Cup by Manchester City tomorrow.

Bannan is hoping for a cup recall but his best chance of playing ­regularly could be with a switch to Elland Road, where Grayson needs quality to secure a second ­successive promotion.

http://tinyurl.com/5teuqrh

Leeds want Aston Villa’s talented young midfield star Barry Bannan to lead their bid for a Premier League return.

Boss Simon Grayson is keen to take the Scot on loan for the rest of the season after he slipped out of Gerard Houllier’s first-team picture.

Bannan was a big hit and won himself a new contract when Houllier gave his Villa youngsters a chance earlier in the season, but recently he has been pushed out of the side by senior stars.

Now Leeds are keen to land 21-year-old Bannan, who may be allowed to go to the Championship if Villa are knocked out of the FA Cup by Manchester City tomorrow.

Bannan is hoping for a cup recall but his best chance of playing ­regularly could be with a switch to Elland Road, where Grayson needs quality to secure a second ­successive promotion.

http://tinyurl.com/5teuqrh

Read the article then clicked the link to see the source.

The Mirror.

Says it all really, it's 100% pure bullshit.

Im starting to wonder if there is a future for Barry. In his breakthrough year he is not even appearing on the bench with a suspended Makoun. I guess a lot hinges on whether we strengthen that area in the summer. I expect one of either NRC or Petrov to leave but he has increased competition from Delph, Bradley (if he signs) and maybe the return of Ireland. Also lots of talk about Gary Gardener coming through.

I think next season will be a big season for those youngsters and I think Houllier has basically said as much. Albrighton has already done it this season and I think the situation we find ourselves in meant it was hard to try and give youngsters more experience - with the inevitable mistakes they'll make - while at the same time trying not to end up in the relegation zone. We're starting to click now hopefully. If we end up safe but without a chance of Europe then maybe the less-pressurised end of season games will see more youngsters. Though that depends on how much Randy wants to offset the £37m loss with the extra revenue from our league position which is ~£800k per position.

Petrov will be phased out, Barry will be phased in. Simples.

Not really the same role though, Petrov will be phased out, he'll be Makoun's replacement (if Makoun settles well). Bannan should be playing the other Cent Mid role, you know, the one Pires played on Sat. the box to box, linkman, passing role or whatever you want to call it.

As for not playing, he's played 19 times this season! 12 times in the league!
Apart from the month of November where he played every game (5 of them), he has only played more than 1 half of football twice. Technically he has appeared 12 times but it's not quite what we're getting at if you are going to count 2 minutes against West Ham, 3 minutes against Sunderland and 10 minutes against Spurs.