Barry Bannan

villianusa

Don't play him against the likes of Stoke and Blackburn , simples.

Interesting as he's probably nailed on for a start on Sunday against Blackburn. It will be interesting to see how he gets on?

Up to our defence to win the ball higher up the pitch and give to the likes of Bannan.

I would still have him in a 3 man midfield , even against long ball teams.

Depends on the ref too. We'll find out against Blackburn. His low centre of Gravity and ball shielding skills might actually help us win a lot of fouls.

He hasnt made it yet.

Thats true but he has a better chance of making it now than when he returned for pre-season in July.

His interview is very good and he hasnt said eh made it and has said he will have to continue working hard.

I like him and his attitude

I don't think its just height, its about physique as well. At the minute, he looks tiny and probably needs to bulk up a little to get more of a presence/strength.

No disrespect at all mate but I can only assume that you haven't yet seen him play?

Each time I've seen him this season, including on Tuesday night for Scotland (on TV) he's never once had a moment where I've thought he could do with being a bit stronger, at one point on Tuesday he had three players around him all biting at his heels and grabbing hold of him, it took all three of them to force the ball out for a throw-in after Bannan held em off for about 10-15 seconds.

He is strong enough for his size but due to being small he will actually have a massive advantage in some instances.

Depends on what you classify as making it. For instance, Albrighton has made it IMO, as has Bannan.

As for hoofball teams, he came on against Blouse, and tore Gardner and Ferguson up with a few tricks, I don't see why we can't play him against the likes of Stoke and Blackburn.

"I asked him what was the matter and he said it was because we were losing. I told him it didn't matter but he said, 'it does matter, I don't get beaten, I am the best'. I asked him if he meant he was the best in the team.

"He just wiped away his tears and said, 'I'm the best in my class, best in my school, the best ever and this game isn't finished yet'. He went back out and won us the game."

Clicky

An excellent "little read", reminds me of a few comments in Oh My Lords book.

Mr "mjmooney" thats my signature.......u b*****d! :winkold:

It sounds like Bannans rise is of no surprise to quite a few people in the game.

I just hope the powers that be sign this kid up for as long a possible NOW! Not sure how long a contract can be but i would hope to keep him on a 5 year contract, renewed every year for at least another 4 years.

Bannan, rumour has it that he passed the ball so well in training, at Body Moor Heath he actually split a Hadron! Local's claim to have heard the bang in Kingsbury!

George Best was 5' 9" and weighed about nothing. And tackling then was ten times worse than now.

True skill will beat brawn nine times out of ten.

Well darren fletchers likened him to Scholes :puke: , Iniesta and Xavi so why not throw George Best in there as well :D

I don't think its just height, its about physique as well. At the minute, he looks tiny and probably needs to bulk up a little to get more of a presence/strength.
Don't spend time thinking about how tiny he looks.

Just watch his skill when he is on the pitch - you will soon forget about his height and build.

George Best was 5' 9" and weighed about nothing. And tackling then was ten times worse than now.

True skill will beat brawn nine times out of ten.

Well darren fletchers likened him to Scholes :puke: , Iniesta and Xavi so why not throw George Best in there as well :D

He needs to grow his hair a bit, dye it black and put a few pounds on. He reminds me of Maradona.